This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• I'm graduating today.
    Congratulations man, and have a wonderful future. Not like I'm saying goodbye or anything, I'm just saying that this is a day you'll remember and I hope you have success in the outside world.
  • For yesterday it was going to the DC Chili Cook Off to see Offspring! Today I got my panels accepted for Otakon!
  • We just had an earthquake and the epicenter was really close by. It was a fun one.
  • edited May 2009
    We just had an earthquake and the epicenter was really close by. It was a fun one.
    Oh shits, I felt that one! I'm about 20-25 miles East of you, I think, so I just felt a faint rolling.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • We just had an earthquake and the epicenter was really close by. It was a fun one.
    Oh shits, I felt that one! I'm about 20-25 miles East of you, I think, so I just felt a faint rolling.
    Yeah man, the epicenter was in Hawthorne and I'm in the beach cities, so I was literally right on top of it. It felt pretty massive here, but apparently it was only a 5.
  • edited May 2009
    Yeah man, the epicenter was in Hawthorne and I'm in the beach cities, so I was literally right on top of it. It felt pretty massive here, but apparently it was only a 5.
    According to this, it was only a 3.1. It probably felt so big because you were right there. I've never been that close to the epicenter.I barely felt it -- I wasn't even sure if it was an earthquake at first, until it lasted more than a few seconds.

Earthquakes are always pretty fun, but I probably only say that because I've never died in one.
  • edited May 2009
    According tothis, it was only a 3.1.
    That was the aftershock. Here's a handy-dandy map and here's the original tremor.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited May 2009
    That was the aftershock.Here's a handy-dandy mapandhere'sthe original tremor.
    Okay, you win. :) A 5.0 is pretty big to be right on top of. Was there any damage? Anything fall down at least?
  • edited May 2009
    That was the aftershock.Here's a handy-dandy mapandhere'sthe original tremor.
    Okay, you win. :) A 5.0 is pretty big to be right on top of. Was there any damage? Anything fall down at least?
    Not in my house, but this guy I know says he almost got impaled by his sword collection, haha. Someone else's roof cracked a little. That's the biggest of it, though, most people just had some stuff falling of their desk.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Not in my house, but this guy I know says he almost got impaled by his sword collection, haha. Someone else's roof cracked a little. That's the biggest of it, though, most people just had some stuff falling of their desk.
    Sword collection in earthquake land, not a good idea.
  • edited May 2009
    Wasn't there some Otaku in Japan who was found dead buried under manga books after an Earthquake about a year or so ago?
    As far as I was told, he just had them stacked up against a wall. I guess it all comes down to how you store your things. To adapt Scott's sentence: Things that easily come loose in earthquake land, not a good idea.

Edit: Found an article on that incident.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Today I got my panels accepted for Otakon!
    Awesome! Are you doing the Otaku anime one?
  • Today I got my panels accepted for Otakon!
    Awesome! Are you doing the Otaku anime one?
    Yup! Plus, two others!
  • edited May 2009
    Latest game from the makers of Ico and Shadow of the Collosus:
    Place heart in microwave. Set to defrost.
    I think I squeed a bit.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited May 2009
    Video. (Song lyrics are NSFW)
    Background info on the song.

Edit: Okay, so I have no idea why those links aren't working. Here's the Google search results for the same thing. The first result takes you to the background info page, and there's a link there for the vid.
    Post edited by misakyra on
  • Small World Review

Took long enough for someone to get on this idea.
  • My mind = blown.
  • Man, If only I had the money...
    What a deal...
    That's quite a pricey mobo. Also, you don't need 6 gigs of RAM...
  • edited May 2009
    This is why I love Rob Schneider.

"This Blindworm guitar plays incredibly well. It is the coolest, most beautiful, psychedelic guitar I have ever played!" enthuses Schneider. "The inlaid Elephant 6 logo is made of meteorite dust, and on the headstock, the elephant's eyes are made of dinosaur bones. It feels like I am holding a living creature."
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Man, If only I had the money...
    What a deal...
    That's quite a pricey mobo. Also, you don't need 6 gigs of RAM...
    That's right, but you get 12 gigs!
  • @Sonic: You also don't need to spend over $900 on a computer.

• Some speedy ballet.
  • My new PC came yesterday and it is a vast improvement over my last. I can finally play L4D maxed with about 75-80 fps normally, and CS:S gets anywhere from 150+ (I've seen it go up to 250 fps). I'm so glad.
  • Only going to be good for the next 40 mins or so, but you can watch the Jacksonville Axemen take on Brendeton Bulldogs in a preseason friendly here. It's rugby league btw, American rugby league at that, as such the commentator has no idea what is going on but you cannot fault his enthusiasm.
  • This dude drove his car STRAIGHT THROUGH City Hall.

Got 10 years for it.
  • The epic conclusion to Half-Life: Full-Life Consequences has finally received a fitting video adaptation.