This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited February 2008
    The original ending that those two videos parody is from Kodomo no Jikan (means "A Child's Time"), the premise of which is that a third grader wants into her teacher's pants. ...Yeah, it's as bad and wrong as you think it is. I made the mistake of watching the first episode. The lolicon... It kills... D: The manga was going to be brought over here under the title of Nymphet, but I think there was such a negative outcry that they decided to cancel the release.

Anyway, I've found a bunch of other cool MAD movies like that (MADs being sort of like the Japanese equivalent of AMVs, but kinda different). This is one of my other favourites, Phoenix Wright characters set to the opening sequence of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei:

Post edited by Eryn on
  • The original ending that those two videos parody is from Kodomo no Jikan (means "A Child's Time"), the premise of which is that a third grader wants into her teacher's pants. ...Yeah, it's as bad and wrong as you think it is. I made the mistake of watching the first episode. The lolicon... It kills... D: The manga was going to be brought over here under the title of Nymphet, but I think there was such a negative outcry that they decided to cancel the release.
    Is it sad that doesn't put me off? XD; Not much disturbs me anymore, though most of the time I don't agree with it IRL...

I think we had that PW Sayonara Zetsubei Sensei thing before. =3 Still cool tho!
  • Spend too much time on the internet and the wall between reality and fiction starts to grow sniper towers and gun turrets.
  • Really? Mine has torn down that wall and now has ambassadors welcoming the fugitives from fiction into reality. ^_^
  • edited February 2008
    100 Kirbys
    Personal favourites are: # 5, 14, 15, 30, 31, 32, 37, 40, 41, 42, 46, 47, 51, 55, 57, 61, 64, 66, 71, 73, 80, 81, 88, 94, 96, 97, and 98.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • 100 Kirbys
    Personal favourites are: # 5, 14, 15, 30, 31, 32, 37, 40, 41, 42, 46, 47, 51, 55, 57, 61, 64, 66, 71, 73, 80, 81, 88, 94, 96, 97, and 98.
    ..isn't that most of them? XD 27/100 is more than a quarter. Lawlz...
  • edited February 2008
    I know, but they are so awesome I couldn't just pick a few! The best are the Phoenix Wright and the Kamina, though.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Okay, I promise that i don't actually watch American Idol. My wife does though. She can't help being girly sometimes, seeing as how she's actually a girl.

So last night, the American Idol bastards were singing "Songs of the 60s", which was crappy enough, but then they had to sing things like "Jailhouse Rock" (1957) and "Suspicious Minds" (1975).

Is "60s" merely a synonym for "old" or just "before my time" to you young little cretins?
  • Is "60s" merely a synonym for "old" or just "before my time" to you young little cretins?
    I knew those songs weren't form the '60s, but I bet most of the viewership did not. If I were in charge, i would have disqualified whoever chose those songs.
  • Is "60s" merely a synonym for "old" or just "before my time" to you young little cretins?
    I knew those songs weren't form the '60s, but I bet most of the viewership did not. If I were in charge, i would have disqualified whoever chose those songs.
    I think that if you were in charge, the show would be canceled instantly.
  • XD Is it bad that I don't know when they're made either?

And maybe there was a remake of the Jailhouse Rock in the 60's?
  • I'm not sure if this should go in the Katsucon thread or this thread. Either way I found it and I have to share this skit from the masquerade that is actually hilarious and dare I say....good!
  • Went to a Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly gig as my first proper gig ever. Twas awesome, apart from the first act which was super rude.
  • XD Is it bad that I don't know when they're made either?
    Not really, since you're not picking out the songs. I would just expect that someone picking out songs for "60s Night" would just stop to think for a bit about whether the songs were really from the 60s.
    And maybe there was a remake of the Jailhouse Rock in the 60's?
    No.
  • And maybe there was a remake of the Jailhouse Rock in the 60's?
    No.

I tried.
  • Unembedable hilarity in the form of a screaming myspace addict.
    Awesome and earsplitting. I want to go tease my lil' cousins now.
    Question: What.. exactly is he freaking out about..? All I hear is screaming and ...something about a message. *totally lost*
    THE PAIN! THE HORROR! Thank god my little brother is not yet that insane over fluctuating pings.
  • Seriously, they should wait till he goes to bed while the cookies are still in the browser and delete his profile. The video would be priceless.
    edited February 2008
    Seriously, they should wait till he goes to bed while the cookies are still in the browser and delete his profile. The video would be priceless.
    Or just redirect myspace.com to a faked profile deleted page with a lot of ads to various psychiatrists.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Seriously, they should wait till he goes to bed while the cookies are still in the browser and delete his profile. The video would be priceless.
    Or just redirect myspace.com to a faked profile deleted page with a lot of ads to various psychiatrists.
    That would be awesome!
  • vs:0&from=MSNHP&tab=s2&GT1=10856">Kill James!

Lawl. I'm sorry but it's not on Youtube yet, or I'd embed it. I found it funny.

• Another smart commercial!
  • Are you prepared for the zombies? as they are here!
  • Are you prepared for the zombies? as they arehere!
    When will these people learn. You bring in the army. Mediums aren't going to help when a zombie jumps you, except that instead of having to outrun the zombie you just have to outrun the medium.
  • Are you prepared for the zombies? as they arehere!
    You broke the link! Here is the fixed link.
  • As we learned before we must gather intelligence. What type of zombie is it?