This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• DyingSkye, if you think that's neat, check outthis.
    Awesome. Pure awesome.
  • edited November 2009
    It reminds me of the ending of the last track on Monoliths & Dimensions, especially with the muted trumpet in there.

If you guys are interested in another piece of music using the same concept of a bunch of instruments going on their own playing in the same key, you should listen to this piece by Terry Riley called "In C".

Post edited by Sail on
  • Video
    Hey I posted that! Anyway, what is better then beer? An entire website about beer and nightlife.
  • Isn't the naming a bit unfortunate? Barf-iesta?
  • Isn't the naming a bit unfortunate? Barf-iesta?
    I think they were going for Bar Fiesta as is a party. But your interpretation is funny.
  • I posit that, if your bathroom wall is disgusting, you fail.
    True indeed, but I was taking public bathrooms into account, they too can decide which way to hang it. If it's common habit to hang up a roll of toilet paper according to b it is more likely that the same will be done in that public bathroom. I should've clarified that.
  • Trying (and failing) to worm your way out of a fail like that is definitely a fail.
  • Trying (and failing) to worm your way out of a fail like that is definitely a fail.
    I'm not failing at worming out of anywhere. I'm not worming out. I just expected you lot to be smart enough. Ergo, my fail is that of overestimating your intelligence.
  • Riiight, so you expected us to think you were talking about public bathrooms when you attacked the way we, personally, hang up our toilet paper, yet most of us don't tend to go hanging toilet paper up in public bathrooms...
  • If you guys are interested in another piece of music using the same concept of a bunch of instruments going on their own playing in the same key, you should listen to this piece by Terry Riley called "In C".
    Fun fact: I just found out today that in our school's Association for Computing Machinery, SIGMusic (Special Interest Group for Music, that is) has written a piece of code in python that, when executed, will generate and play "In C." I haven't looked at the source yet, but it sounds pretty awesome.
  • Riiight, so you expected us to think you were talking about public bathrooms when you attacked the way we, personally, hang up our toilet paper, yet most of us don't tend to go hanging toilet paper up in public bathrooms...
    Attacks? Oh sir, you're a lily livered gent, there were none. Anyway, since occupying you with another silly discussion seems to have resulted into you acting highly defensive and grand on making preposterous claims (from here on referred to as "jokeoverhead.jpg"), have a superiorly crafted beard.
  • If you guys are interested in another piece of music using the same concept of a bunch of instruments going on their own playing in the same key, you should listen to this piece by Terry Riley called "In C".
    Fun fact: I just found out today that in our school's Association for Computing Machinery, SIGMusic (Special Interest Group for Music, that is) has written a piece of code in python that, when executed, will generate and play "In C." I haven't looked at the source yet, but it sounds pretty awesome.
    That is sick, you have to link me to this sometime.

• Hee-hee! Fuzzy cloud...
  • There's just no way. Anonymous people are fuckwads. John Gabriel says so.
  • Learned today on NPR that people in California are using the methane from cows to power houses. Two cows can power one house. That's a brilliant idea...

Also, mini-fridges can fill with so much ice that you can't close the door. So that was fun melting away all the ice and cleaning it with a towel.
  • A lady came to the door today and asked, as she is soon to going home to have a baby, if we'd look after her animals. The dog and gerbils are staying in their house but their rabbit is staying with us! So I shall soon be able to pet a dog, cat and bunny, all at once!

Depression seems to be fading away.
  • Hope puppy and bunny get along. Cats and bunnies are often pretty compatible.
    Have fun with bunny!
  • I smell like roses. ^_^
  • So I shall soon be able to pet a dog, cat and bunny, all at once!
    "Baby, you make me wish I had three hands!"
  • edited November 2009
    Stay classy Funfetus, stay classy..

@Kate: You may want to see a doctor about that.
    Which then reminded me of the time Viga walked into the Geekchat and was like: "I'm in love!" and I was like: "Don't worry, they can treat that nowadays!".
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    That is sick, you have to link me to this sometime.
    More info here.
  • edited November 2009
    Booneh has arrived, rating in at about 100 decibels on the squeeometer.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Stay classy Funfetus, stay classy..
    What! It's a Total Recall joke! Nothing?
  • edited November 2009
    Stay classy Funfetus, stay classy..
    What! It's a Total Recall joke! Nothing?
    Ha-HA!
    I've never seen Total Recall, but I am not beneath providing a pitty laugh. :p
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I got your joke, Funfetus. Almost makes me want to listen to the FKFTG podcast on it.