This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Indie Game Developer Meme
    It's like courage wolf, only instead of giving you courage it makes fun of you. (We made 3D pong to learn Unity at one point.)
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • It's like courage wolf, only instead of giving you courage it makes fun of you. (We made 3D pong to learn Unity at one point.)
  • edited April 2011
    Indie Game Developer Meme
    It's like courage wolf, only instead of giving you courage it makes fun of you. (We made 3D pong to learn Unity at one point.)
    If anyone ever proposes a partnership with you and they EVER say this, they are expecting YOU to do all the work. If it's a good idea, punch them in the balls, then go do the idea, and keep 100%.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • f anyone ever proposes a partnership with you and they EVER say this, they are expecting YOU to do all the work. If it's a good idea, punch them in the balls, then go do the idea, and keep 100%.
    Ideas aren't worth much. I have a bundle myself. If someone wants in on a project, they have to be able to help in a meaningful way.
  • I have a theory that the term freerunning was created by men who want to do gymnastics but don't want to be accused of being a homosexual.
  • I have a theory that the term freerunning was created by men who want to do gymnastics but don't want to be accused of being a homosexual.
    After reading this, I asked a parkour guy I know on campus. He says "Yes."
  • edited April 2011
    I have a theory that the term freerunning was created by men who want to do gymnastics but don't want to be accused of being a homosexual.
    Asking a parkour guy about freerunners is like asking a violinist about rock drummers. :P
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I think I'm at a lost for words.

Asking a parkour guy about freerunners is like asking a violinist about rock drummers. :P
    I thought they were the same thing and they call it freerunning instead of parkour so that people won't say "What the fuck is parkour?"
  • edited April 2011
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • edited April 2011
    I thought they were the same thing and they call it freerunning instead of parkour so that people won't say "What the fuck is parkour?"
    Parkour is about moving from one place to another as quickly as possible; it's a discipline of efficiency and quiet finesse. Freerunning takes parkour, completely undermines its core philosophy by adding flips, and, admittedly, makes it look way cooler.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • So just a few mins ago I told my friend I was a robot. We then had this convo. Enjoy.

Tim Strunck lets build a baby bot
    Nikki Klepka i'm all in for building a baby bot
    Tim Strunck ill supply the electronis. you supply the womb
    Nikki Klepka but if your already a robot, dont u need a female robot for that? last i checked, im def not a robot
    Nikki Klepka oh so we're talking species mixing? cool
    Tim Strunck yeah. so how many computers can you fit inside of...well. ummm.
    Tim Strunck idk what humans call it
    Tim Strunck baby sack?
    Nikki Klepka lmao tim. lmfao.
    Tim Strunck oh the lolz we have
    Nikki Klepka indeedy. im sure it will be a barrel of laughs trying to figure out how to breed a robot with a human
    Tim Strunck Ill send an email to the robo stork
    Tim Strunck im sure he has a .pdf
    Tim Strunck now do you want the top half baby and bottom half robot? Or the otherway around. Or split verticaly?
    Nikki Klepka brilliant. everyone has pdfs these days. forward me the response, thanks
    Nikki Klepka striped layers of baby bot goodness
    Tim Strunck nice. can he have one robo eye that glows? Difrent colors for differnt emotions
    Nikki Klepka YES!
    Tim Strunck Also a baby jet pack?
    Nikki Klepka one human hand bc touch is the best sense. and one robot hand to take care of all the hard stuff. will the baby jet pack be built in or separate? i kinda dont want to give birth to something with a jet pack attached...
    Tim Strunck its detachable. but not like a backpack. more like legos
    Nikki Klepka interesting
    Tim Strunck he will build it after he is borned
    Tim Strunck or activated
    Nikki Klepka its def a he?
    Nikki Klepka what about twins - one girl and one boy?
    Tim Strunck no
    Tim Strunck no girls
    Nikki Klepka no boys
    Tim Strunck they would drive me crazy with me worring
    Nikki Klepka boys would drive me nuts while growing up
    Tim Strunck i would treat them like robo princesses but id be too worried about the boys and stuff
    Tim Strunck hey brb.
    Tim Strunck Think about how much you would have to worry about boys touching their roboobs
    Tim Strunck Your cyborg daughters will have their innocence hacked
    Tim Strunck And what if heaven forbit you die before they reach robopuberty? I would have to take them robra shopping? How do I expleain mechainical mensstration?
    I AM MRS. NESBIT!
  • 1/100 Master Grade Epyon in June.
  • edited April 2011
    Mark Brooks Draws a damn fine Black Cat.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Black Mesa Release Date
    *trollface*
    Funny, when you input the correct answer it sends you to the Friday video...

• I want to lose a bunch of weight and start learning this shit. It would be SICK!

Step 1 : Acquire bike and bike everywhere. Not that easy in SoCal...

Step 2 : Eat better food. Already on this to a degree. Ive greatly reduced the fast food visits per week and am cooking more.

Step 3 : Profit!

• Step 1 : Acquire bike and bike everywhere. Not that easy in SoCal...
    If biking becomes difficult, jump rope. 10 minutes of jumping rope is the equivalent of an eight minute mile, and it also builds arm and shoulder stamina and strength--a MUST if you want to start working on the vaults and grabs associated with parkour.
  • Not difficult that I cannot physically do it but because of the scale of things. Example, I live 13 miles from work. Now, SoCal miles are not normal miles. They are more difficult to traverse due to traffic and whatnot. The system is designed for cars and bike trail support is minimal. The time it takes is borderline prohibitive but I see that as a way to test my resolve.

I will keep the jump rope in mind. I'm a wee too out of shape for that presently. =D
  • That's what I'm saying. It burns a ton of calories, and you don't need to leave your apartment.
  • If I tried now, I don't think I could do it for 10 minutes. Just do as much as I can AKA pass out. =D

I might also add that I was born with malformed cartilage in all of my major joints which was lead to some interesting medical issues. High impact stuff tends to be a day to day type of thing. Biking is something I can do no matter what. Even if my joints are in pain that day, I can push through it where jumping and running may not always be the best.

Let me throw out there that I'm presently over 330 lbs. My ideal weight is about 280 lbs. Weight doesn't help my knees at all. I used to be about 40 poinds lighter 3 years ago and then I went into a really bad, multiyear bout of depression and it spiraled down. I'm finally pulling up, as it were. Just trying to keep the good vibes going and keep the positivity rollin'! =D
  • I might also add that I was born with malformed cartilage in all of my major joints which was lead to some interesting medical issues. High impact stuff tends to be a day to day type of thing. Biking is something I can do no matter what. Even if my joints are in pain that day, I can push through it where jumping and running may not always be the best.
    My advice is go with a dorky, wide, padded seat with a groove up the center. I use this sort of seat for any long-distance ride. Get an awesomely comfortable seat no matter what it looks like or costs.
  • edited April 2011
    I can push through it where jumping and running may not always be the best.
    Running is definitely a no-no, but jump rope is actually pretty low impact since the balls of your feet absorb all the impact instead of your heels; when your heels absorb energy, it gets transmitted directly to your ankles and knees, eventually fucking your shit up. Cycling definitely won't do that, but like Rym said: get a comfortable seat and grips, and make sure you're fitted to the frame to avoid push-push injuries or overuse/nerve injuries due to undue pressure on parts of your body. I've got a Serfas RX saddle on my old junker Raleigh that I use on the street, and it is awesome.

Also, don't ride more than 186 miles per week or your sperm will get all fucked up. But probably only if you ride the extremely uncomfortable racing bikes.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • My advice is go with a dorky, wide, padded seat with a groove up the center. I use this sort of seat for any long-distance ride. Get an awesomely comfortable seat no matter what it looks like or costs.
    I learned this the hard way. When I rode as a kid, I'd get this "mysterious" pain in the space between my balls and butthole. My family wrote it off but I knew better. Once the internet came along, I showed them! I want to have baby me's one day!
    Also, don't ride more than 186 miles per week or your sperm will get all fucked up. But probably only if you ride the extremely uncomfortable racing bikes
    I'm looking for a road bike of some sort. I don't forsee much mountain biking and as Scrym (Mostly Rym) said on many occasions, you don't need a mountina bike unless you're super hard core into that, which I'm not. As far as that distance, I'm not sure where you got that from but I doubt that will be a danger, at least not right away. I'll agree out of temporary irrelevance. =D

I may be terribly out of shape but I was gifted with stupid willpower and astounding endurance. When I set my will to it, my body can be quite strong. Fucking depression...

Is there a better place to put this? Kinda feel like we are jacking the ToyD thread.
  • @Dromaro: Have you tried distance swimming?
  • edited April 2011
    Black Mesa Release Date
    *trollface*
    Funny, when you input the correct answer it sends you to the Friday video...
    Which is like a sign in a bar that reads "Free Beer Tomorrow".
    Post edited by Walker on