This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I almost bought one of those the other day, but I didn't have the courage.
    I bought one and ate it. It was like eating two pieces of chicken with some bacon and cheese inbetween. In other words, if you ever ate two pieces of fried chicken you already ate a double down. Stop your hating.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • US Cadbury eggs taste like they are made from crappy plastic chocolate now.
    Oh, there's a difference between US Cadbury and UK Cadbury? I'll need to test to make sure.

But I know that US Hershey and US Cadbury also taste very different. US Hershey is...waxy? US Cadbury is significantly creamier.
  • Takin' it to the next level. Watch this, eat your double down and get out. =D

• Epic Meal Time is the greatest thing on the internet.
  • edited April 2011
    I made an epic meal in their style. Pics are posted but I haven't posted them to this forum yet. It was friggin astounding.

*EDIT*
    This is the money shot. I suppose I could post more if you're interested. Whisper me if you're keen.

Post edited by Dromaro on
    I actually gagged a little when I saw that.
  • I actually gagged a little when I saw that.
  • I actually gagged a little when I saw that.
    Oh ye who judges books by their covers (or at least by shitty, low rez pictures)! Everyone who ate the beast said it was amazing and if you saw what was in it, I'm sure you'd agree!

Group photo

Now bear in mind this was not a "serious" culinary effort. Rather, just an epic meal time style dish for a party I threw celebrating the release of TRON Legacy on DVD. =D I can cook some goodness if the situation demands.
  • You know you could have posted in the Cooking Mama thread :P

As for my TOTD: Oatmeal's ネコ vs インターネット.

I could understand and read about everything on there. :3
  • I like the obligatory magnum of Jack Daniels.

As for my TOTD: Oatmeal's ネコ vs インターネット.

I could understand and read about everything on there. :3
    Damn, that is story of my life. SCHTAWBOOK LUVS HIS BELLYRUBS, OH YES HE DOES!
    I'll do a more robust post there, complete with explanations and whathaveyous...
    I like the obligatory magnum of Jack Daniels.
    It wouldn't be an Epic Meal Time meal without Jack. I marinated 3 pounds of bacon in it and drank copious shots during preparation.
  • Damn, that is story of my life. SCHTAWBOOK LUVS HIS BELLYRUBS, OH YES HE DOES!
    That's my life x3.

MAMA, I NEEDZ RUBS ON MAH HEAD, EARS, AND CHIN!
    I feel like I have to eat one of these while I'm still 16 and probably won't die.
  • I wonder why you guys always talk about Hershey's and Cadbury. Am I the only person who eats Lindt, Ghirardelli (Personal Fav), and/or Dilettante?
  • Am I the only person who eats Lindt, Ghirardelli (Personal Fav), and/or Dilettante?
    Uh, no. Decidedly not. Cadbury's Creme Eggs have a special place in the world of chocolate.
  • I wonder why you guys always talk about Hershey's and Cadbury. Am I the only person who eats Lindt, Ghirardelli (Personal Fav), and/or Dilettante?
    The only Cadbury things I eat are the eggs and the drinking chocolate. I also drink Ghirardelli chocolate, though. Aside from that, I like fancy chocolate.
    Lindt and Ghiradelli for the win, but as I said, my childhood home is 30 minutes away from the greatest chocolatier on earth (Vosges). So usually I get chocolate from there.
  • I like Lindt & Ghiradelli every now and then. Dove is my go to as well as the swiss milk chocolate from Trader Joe's. However, the BEST for me is Kinder. So happy I lived in Germany where I discovered it when I was a wee lass.
  • Kinder is god-tier. I have no idea where to buy it, though.
  • Kinder is god-tier. I have no idea where to buy it, though.
    I get mine from the local military base PX/BX.
  • My favorite is Godiva, but I barely get eat it because its so darn expensive. ;-;
    Ordinary Swedish Mealtime is superior.
    After all - It's good for you.
  • Sidepork!

Pork... on it's side.
  • edited April 2011
    I have never seen this before.

Sweden. We have snow.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • [epic meal times]
    I think I died a little bit inside.

I would probably try a double down but to me its not just that its a ham and cheese with fried chicken instead of bread...ok thats a big part of it. I guess the whole thing sounds like it would be better inside of a bun as just a chicken sandwich thats terrible for me instead of that...thing. Its probably really good I'm just afraid of it killing me.
  • Ordinary Swedish Mealtime is superior.
    I have never seen this before.

Sweden. We have snow.
    LIQUID BUTTER. These guys are funnier than EMT, but EMT amazes me a bit more. I asked about the chocolate earlier because I've seen the bashing of Hersheys and talk about Cadbury several times here. Thought I'd bring up the other companies for opinions too.