This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I'm going to buy this since I wont be going to PAX. But you know what would make it perfect? Minecraft. I wonder if there is a JRE for ARM chips.

Oh goody! There is! Pocket Minecraft, ho!
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I think I may need to buy this. If only its wasn't so goddamn expensive. If anyone wants to buy me one I'll repay you with sexual favors.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm probably getting a Thinkpad X220 soon, which has 23hrs of battery life (more with the outboard accessory battery) and only weighs 2.9lbs, so it's not really worth it. I can get an order of magnitude more power and capability for less than twice the price of a Pandora, and the only thing I need to do is carry around Dicota Beat Mini gamepad to round out the package. You could achieve the same thing with a Beat Mini and an Eee.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I'm probably getting a Thinkpad X220 soon, which has 23hrs of battery life (more with the outboard accessory battery) and only weighs 2.9lbs, so it's not really worth it. I can get an order of magnitude more power and capability for less than twice the price of a Pandora, and the only thing I need to do is carry around Dicota Beat Mini gamepad to round out the package. You could achieve the same thing with a Beat Mini and an Eee.
    Yeah but the whole point it that its a pocket sized pc. Yeah you could get a laptop and noone would blame you but its not the same thing. I really just want one as a general nifty little device to mess around with. Though for the price that looks like a pretty decent thinkpad. I'll probably just stick with my el-cheapo thinkpad SL410 and upgrade it and whatnot when the schools lease runs up and I can get it for dirt cheap. That controller looks sweet though. I've been looking for that kind of thing.
  • One possible use I can see for this is to analyze the input from a webcam and control an arduino. Better still, use it to debug/program an arduino on the go.
  • Personal win: turning 18. It also doesn't hurt that I got Pokemon White and that Die Hard's on in a few minutes.
  • Just saw FLCL is on AS!! Made my day!
  • I still get a little giddy whenever it gets put back on the schedule.
  • video
    It's evolving! NOooooo!
  • It's evolving! NOooooo!
    Win! I was waiting for someone to do this!
  • edited April 2011
    Sorry for the double post, but I found a perfect thing for today!
    Usagi to Cafe, in Nagoya, is a coffee shop where you can eat a nice curry lunch and socialize with bunnies! It's also a rabbit goods specialty shop, with little items for both people and their rabbits! There's also a BYOB (Bring your own Bunny) policy, where if you want to take your bun out to meet other buns while you relax with some tea, you can!
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited April 2011
    WRC is for Boys. Group B rally is for MEN. - Juha Kankkunen

Also, For my fellow gearheads - The cars, with much better music. Seriously, these dudes are fucking mentalists.

From those videos, you can kinda figure out what happened to it - Eventually, it had to happen, someone came off the track, and plowed through the crowd, killing three and injuring dozens. Didn't last long after that.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • God, I fucking love rally. Group B was a wonderful time for racing.
  • Hamster is my favorite for a reason.
  • How can a nerdcore rap about Penguin Adventure be so awesome? Listen and find out.
  • So did you buy it?
  • Hmmm...seems somewhat legit.
    Yep, But it doesn't mean what pretty much 100% of UFO believers think it means.
  • edited April 2011
    Hmmm...seems somewhat legit.
    Yep, But it doesn't mean what pretty much 100% of UFO believers think it means.
    Oh no its probably just some ex-Nazi/Soviet/some other country prototype plane or something but its interesting nevertheless.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • edited April 2011
    Oh no its probably just some ex-Nazi/Soviet/some other country prototype plane or something but its interesting nevertheless.
    It straight up says what the deal is - To translate from fed-speak, It says "Eighth airforce headquarters reported on the phone that an object falsely appearing to be a flying disk was recovered near Roswell. The disk was hexagon shaped and hung below a balloon from a cable, and the balloon was 20 feet in diameter. It appears to be a weather balloon with a radar reflector attached, but the telephone conversation had not confirmed this belief. Both the balloon and disk were transported to Wright Field for further examination, and this information was provided because of possible National Interest in this case, and because a number of press organisations tried to break the story of the location of the object today. Results of examination were requested, and no further investigation will be conducted."

All this says is a reporting of part of an investigation, most likely over something possibly criminal or espionage related in nature, which was found to be not worth the FBI's time, because there was nothing happening. Remember - this memo came out in 1947, very close to the end of World War 2, where the FBI was primarily about Crime and Counter-espionage. Also, why is Eighth Air force being contacted, if they're in Louisiana, when the coverup is supposedly being conduced in Roswell? Wouldn't they contact Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico? Or why wouldn't they Contact Edwards Air Force Base, of Which Area 51 is a satellite Facility?

It's not an outright Denial of anything, but it doesn't point to what they've been saying it points to since it came out, once you put the facts together. It's the worst kind of interesting - It's interesting on the surface, but when you examine it, it's just ho-hum.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • We'll find the space Nazi's soon enough.
    Those wily fucking space nazis.
    Those wily fucking space nazis.
    Space Orb: THEY'RE IN SPACE?!