This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• VETO.
    HAHAHAHAHA I'm not the only one.
    Seems to me Pete and Andrew need to talk to Jeremy, and I can talk to Nuri and Lyddi so we all can get on the same page of beardliness. PAX East. We will have to set up a presentation.
    Goatees are sexy. That's all there is to it. Every time I find myself thinking a man is attractive, I subsequently notice that he has a goatee.
  • Goatees are sexy. That's all there is to it. Every time I find myself thinking a man is attractive, I subsequently notice that he has a goatee.
    Indeed. I honestly just want Jeremy to grow the chin part of his goatee to be longer so I can tug on it. :D

On a similar note: Blog of a dude on a quest to try out every beard type.
  • I do not approve a goatee on Andrew. It makes me think of my old band director.
    VETO.
    HAHAHAHAHA I'm not the only one.
    Seems to me Pete and Andrew need to talk to Jeremy, and I can talk to Nuri and Lyddi so we all can get on the same page of beardliness. PAX East. We will have to set up a presentation.
    YES. I will include a diagram of the stages of "I will not kiss you on these days because your beard feels like a thousand needles stabbing my face."
  • T_T Forever cleanshaven.
  • T_T Forever cleanshaven.
    If its any consolation, I'd much rather you have a beard than a goatee.

Disclaimer: Still not saying I condone the beard
  • From my HR forms for my new job; Are you a member of a select society or order (examples include the Freemasons or The Order of Saint Columbus). I feel tempted to write that I am a Illuminati or a member of the Zionic New World Order.
  • From my HR forms for my new job; Are you a member of a select society or order (examples include the Freemasons or The Order of Saint Columbus). I feel tempted to write that I am a Illuminati or a member of the Zionic New World Order.
    Sounds like this might come in handy for you.
  • Seems to me Pete and Andrew need to talk to Jeremy, and I can talk to Nuri and Lyddi so we all can get on the same page of beardliness. PAX East. We will have to set up a presentation.
    YES. I will include a diagram of the stages of "I will not kiss you on these days because your beard feels like a thousand needles stabbing my face."
    Can we make this happen? I would totally be up for a "What Not To Wear: Facial Hair Edition" panel. ;)
  • At least it is not the mooostaaaache. Rym and I made a pact that he can have it back when he turns forty, but until then, I'd rather he didn't.
  • Seems to me Pete and Andrew need to talk to Jeremy, and I can talk to Nuri and Lyddi so we all can get on the same page of beardliness. PAX East. We will have to set up a presentation.
    Can we make this happen? I would totally be up for a "What Not To Wear: Facial Hair Edition" panel. ;)
    I will let you use before and after pictures of my horrible horrible face for this...

My cousin sent me this link.
  • That's sad. :(
  • Click it.
    Bride's Story!
  • It's funny, but I couldn't help but feel while watching it that it could have been funnier, because they sort of over used the punchline/reveal. Had they played it straight up until he gets woken up, and then revealed, it would have been a lot funnier.
    That wasn't meant to be funny, that was meant to be TOTALLY FUCKING BADASS.

THE WIZARD IS UNDETERRED!

And be honest: who doesn't sometimes pretend that they can make things happen with the power of their mind. Waving at automatic doors and pretending you made them open through your awesome powers?
  • So, my roommate has never heard of the Large Hadron Collider. Saying that she's not scientifically literate would be understating the truth of the matter. Tonight, she was wondering about the "large laser tube thing," so we sat down and had a little science lesson.

I explained TeV to her, then went from physical objects down though atoms to quarks. I outlined Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle and Schrödinger's cat, and we briefly talked about gravitons.

My thing of the day is two-fold. I was able to boil down the basics of subatomic physics and persuade her that this was all totally awesome, and she (very much a non-scientist) was able to understand (and got excited about the LHC!).
  • So, my roommate has never heard of the Large Hadron Collider. Saying that she's not scientifically literate would be understating the truth of the matter. Tonight, she was wondering about the "large laser tube thing," so we sat down and had a little science lesson.

I explained TeV to her, then went from physical objects down though atoms to quarks. I outlined Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle and Schrödinger's cat, and we briefly talked about gravitons.

My thing of the day is two-fold. I was able to boil down the basics of subatomic physics and persuade her that this was all totally awesome, and she (very much a non-scientist) was able to understand (and got excited about the LHC!).
    You deserve a medal. Well done.
  • Top work! I run science classes for the CSIRO (effectively 'after school science lessons' where we blow shit up), and it is super satisfying encouraging already enthusiastic minds to get into science. Even more so when the audience moves from "Science - meh" into "ZOMG I made that wind turbine using hard drive magnets as you said, and its powering my bedside lamp!".
  • edited September 2011

I think this guy is on to something here.

Edit; and now something good. (image has been transcribed).

1. Go here https://facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=data_requests
    2. Enter your personal information
    3. Make a reference to the following law: "section 4 DPA + Art. 12 Directive 95/46/EG" (DPA is a British law called "Data Protection Act" from 1988)
    4. Click on send

Facebook has to send your data within 40 days as this is your personal right following Art. 12 from the European Data Protection Directive!
    You will most likely find out that Facebook knows more then it should! And you'll also see Facebook doesn't delete your data the way it should!

And now the annoying part: They will have to send you a CD-ROM with your data on it.
    Imagine them burning billions of CD's.
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
    I love you, Nuri. Where has this been all of my life? :-p

• 1. Go here https://facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=data_requests
    3. Make a reference to the following law: "section 4 DPA + Art. 12 Directive 95/46/EG" (DPA is a British law called "Data Protection Act" from 1988)
    4. Click on send

Facebook has to send your data within 40 days as this is your personal right following Art. 12 from the European Data Protection Directive!
    You will most likely find out that Facebook knows more then it should! And you'll also see Facebook doesn't delete your data the way it should!

And now the annoying part: They will have to send you a CD-ROM with your data on it.
    That doesn't work for US citizens, does it?
  • That doesn't work for US citizens, does it?
    I assume it does, based on the source (artoftrolling.com), which is mostly an American site. Besides that, they could filter out only Brits, but I assume that for the relative few requests they get, they simply do not bother. The law might also say that they must provide this service to ANYONE or they cannot operate in Brittan, I don't know, I'm not a lawyer.
  • 1. Go here https://facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=data_requests
    4. Click on send

There's also an option to simply download all of your data; the link to do so can be found on the same page.
  • There's also an option to simply download all of your data; the link to do so can be found on the same page.
    This doesn't include the stuff that you deleted.