This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Sounds like the debate over evolution. Blue bunny is scientists, pink is fundamentalist religion.
    Groan.
  • Sounds like the debate over evolution. Blue bunny is scientists, pink is fundamentalist religion.
    Groan.
    thatsthejoke.jpg
    You can extrapolate it out to also reflect on skepticism in a more general sense.

• Very mean, but far more funny than mean.
  • I just learned that Krokodil exists. Basically its like hardcore version of heroin made really shittily from codeine in a way similar to meth, that has so many impurities and acids in it that it makes peoples flesh fall off. Seriously, its worse than you think. Don't look it up. What has been seen cannot be unseen.
  • For what might be the first time ever, I drove to Albany through prevalent road work, accidents, and lane blockages, and NOT ONE PERSON around me drove like an idiot. Holy fuck. I think my mind has been blown.
  • Good news? I had a job interview. Bad news? Felt like I bombed it.
  • Go to google, type in "Google Gravity," hit "I'm feeling lucky."
  • edited November 2011
    My god. Cheese and pickle sandwiches. Holy Christ on high, cheese and pickle sandwiches.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • That sounds awful.
  • I took the elevator with a neighbor and her pet Golden Retriever, but the poor dog's tail was caught between the elevator box and the wall (there's no real door). I think his tail may have been fractured, but I'm hoping nothing serious happened. His wails of pain still echo in my head :(
  • I took the elevator with a neighbor and her pet Golden Retriever, but the poor dog's tail was caught between the elevator box and the wall (there's no real door). I think his tail may have been fractured, but I'm hoping nothing serious happened. His wails of pain still echo in my head :(
    I know how you feel. Me and my mom were at a garage sale during the summer and hit their dog :( It's whimper haunted me for days.
  • I feel terrible for Lucas (the dog). I'm thinking about asking how he's doing tomorrow.
  • He should be alright. I know at home we've stepped on cat's tails and shut them in doors a few times (we're not abusive, they're just really dumb cats that walk UNDER our feet), and they were always ok. Hopefully if it was just his tail he should be fine.

• I cannot stop listening to this.
  • edited November 2011
    That sounds awful.
    You use Branston pickle, not the cucumber pickles which are the only type of pickle you get in the States. It's this kind of thick, tangy sauce with a bunch of spices and big chunks of all sorts of pickled vegetables. The tanginess and the crunch of the pickles complements the fattiness of the cheese nicely.

Seriously, this shit is off the hook.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited November 2011
    Don't think this has been posted yet...
    First watch:

Then watch:
    Post edited by Ikatono on
  • Eeyup it has. But still cool.
  • You sure you didn't mean to post that in the WTF thread?
  • You sure you didn't mean to post that in the WTF thread?
    Yes and no. It's both the coolest and WTFest thing I've seen all day.
  • It's both the coolest and WTFest thing I've seen all day.
  • He should be alright. I know at home we've stepped on cat's tails and shut them in doors a few times (we're not abusive, they're just really dumb cats that walk UNDER our feet), and they were always ok. Hopefully if it was just his tail he should be fine.
    Thankfully, nothing happened. The dog's all right.
  • So you just stepped on his tail? The way it was said orginally sounded like you hit him with a car as you were pulling up.
  • That was one hell of a curb he fell off.
  • There's a chance I felt an earthquake a few minutes ago. Seems highly improbable though. Apparently one happened in Oklahoma, and it should be extremely unlikely that I'd feel that in the middle of missouri. Other options: My apartment building is really shoddy.
  • Look it up on the USGS site.