This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Introducing the HTML5 Hard Disk Filler™ API:
    http://feross.org/fill-disk/

Features:
    • Fills up the user’s hard disk on Chrome, Safari (iOS and desktop), and IE.
    • Fills up 1 GB every 16 seconds on my Macbook Pro Retina (with solid state drive)
    • Tested with Chrome 25, Safari 6, IE 10.
    • For 32-bit browsers, like Chrome, the entire browser may crash before the disk is filled.
    • Does not work on Firefox, since Firefox’s implementation of localStorage is smarter.
    • Includes a button to reclaim your disk space ;)
  • edited February 2013
    Livin' on a Prayer Goat Edition
    This is the first instance of that where I've recognized the song. I watched a whole compilation and just went "Well, I think that was music. It may have just been goats screaming the whole time with synths as instrumentals, but I think there was also some humans screaming." The only one I laughed at was a King Kong one, but that's a movie so it's a bit different.
    Post edited by Greg on
    Why would you do that.
    It's adorable! <3 <3 <3</p>
    image Isn't it?
  • There is no way I would win that.
  • The Newest TeeFury Shirt is made of total awesome and is so cute.

Instabuy
  • Everything needs a little Kiki.
  • This Pokemon fanfic, which is jsut a bunch of extended Pokedex entries. A lot of them are badass.
    After they evolve from Grotle, Torterra quickly get used to Sudowoodo impersonating the trees on their back, or Starly nesting in the real trees, and as they grow in size they become home to a wider and wider variety of pokemon. There is no known limit to a Torterra's natural lifespan, but when they reach a sufficiently colossal size they cease to reproduce, become unable to eat, and must survive on photosynthesis. Often, bereft of energy, they go into periods of hibernation which can last for millions of years.

Pioneers have often tried to avoid building their cities on the backs of Torterra, but these pokemon have grown so large and covered in dirt, rock, and vegatation there they are impossible to avoid. Whole cities have been found relocated after a night of the ground shaking and moving beneath them, or dug deep into the ground to be confronted with a telltale white spike or green shell, and travelers have often been knocked over by powerful roars, then watched the Torterra on whose back their destination rested walk briskly away. At times, the Torterra do battle with one another, the world begins to shake, and people fall to their deaths off the rounded sides of its shell or are trampled by a pokemon which dwarf even Wailord in size. Snorlax may block the road, but Torterra are the road, and often the destination as well.

Torterra are adept swimmers and perfectly buoyant, and many a Torterra has been mistaken over the years for an uninhabited island. Yet nothing could have prepared us for the relevation that one of the most terrifying parts of our foundation legend was absolutely true. One can only wonder what will happen to the civilization on its back when the Torterra named Sinnoh awakens once more.
    Some are kinda sad.
    The volcano of Cinnabar Island, because of its great height and useful location, is popular as a resting spot for migratory birds and has a local population of Pidgey and Spearow as well. These birds are cautious to avoid flying over the volcano's center, a crater of fire, for although warm air rises there are a surprisingly high number of birds who lose their energy over the magma and fall in.

It was once believed that these birds were incinerated so thoroughly that not even their bones could be found. It is true that this happens to their wings, but not true of the body: they instead burn eternally, the fire melting away their feathers and merging with their skeleton until it hardens into a new form. This, not Magby (who are only found in captivity) is how most Magmar are born. Once alive, they are a vicious pokemon which in the wild burns everything it can, wishing others to know their pain, for the fire sears them even as it bonds with them.

There is only one known case of a bird emerging from the Cinnabar volcano, and it is often thought to belong to myth, not reality. Nonetheless, all Magmar envy Moltres, and many leave offerings at its shrine on Cinnabar, wishing it could teach them to rise from the ashes to touch the skies once more.
    And some are kinda creepy.
    Although Beedrill and Vespiquen honey is harmless, one must be careful when eating honey, for the honey concocted by Teddiursa contains a powerful spell. In small quantities, it only means extra body hair and a somewhat plush-like appearance, but if too much is eaten, one must be careful not to go outside on the night of the crescent moon, lest they turn into a Teddiursa.

Parents have often warned their children of the dangers of eating too much honey, but the children seldom listen; surrounded by Teddiursa toys and obsessed with pokemon training, it encourages them as often as it discourages them. Nor is a Teddiursa's life a harsh one; it is spent climbing trees and making and eating honey, and the paw over their face hides a smile. Most Teddiursa continue to live in their old homes, their horrified and loving parents pretend they had captured these pokemon, and that their children had run away. Others whose families are not so kind flee for the forest and for the most part live peaceful lives, but must dodge avian predators such as Fearow and find shelter to hibernate in during the winter.

It is not only children who choose to become Teddiursa, nor who change into it by accident. Many an adult can find grave sorrow even in this world of pokemon training, and choose to start over as a pokemon, or simply have a sweet tooth and eat the wrong honey. They are distinguished from younger Teddiursa only in that the crescent moon on their chest is far less open and more circular, a sign of the pokemon's experience: when it closes completely, they evolve into Ursaring.
  • Mouse Guard
    I was thinking about picking that up the other day until I realized how much it cost at the moment. I will wait until I can find it for under $100.
  • Mouse Guard
    I was thinking about picking that up the other day until I realized how much it cost at the moment. I will wait until I can find it for under $100.
    It reminds me of Redwall.
  • Mouse Guard
    Is this your first exposure to Mouse Guard?

• Mouse Guard
    Is this your first exposure to Mouse Guard?

Besides the random mentions on Geeknights, yeah.
  • edited March 2013
    This is pretty well done.

Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • The landlord apparently finally had that abandoned car towed out of my neighborhood after a year.
  • Rym's recent TotD is not the only homemade Sailor Moon transformation out there that is awesome(ly creepy):

The same channel also has something for Scott (and also everyone):

• I know most people on this forum don't care much for basketball, but my TOTD is that my alma mater's men's basketball team is #1 in the nation for the first time ever! I really hope this bodes well for a strong showing in the tournament.