This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• This is so much better than Friday. Also the panda guy is a scary pedophile.
  • Yeah, and also kinda racist.
  • edited October 2013
    Chinese Food
    All that song is missing is a feature by 2 Chainz and Riff Raff and it's a single.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • edited October 2013
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • The thirsty gold digger.
    Was there a joke there?
    this jpg is in green font btw.
  • ...but shouldn't the circle on the left be "bitches" with the intersection with "tricks" being "hoes"? As is, the diagram just doesn't make sense.
  • Bitches ain't shit.

Bitches ain't but hoes AND tricks.

Diagram is fine.
  • Source?

(read as "what are you referencing, I don't get it")
  • edited October 2013
    OMG the setup Venn diagram alleyoop and the Youtube slam. Genius.
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • DevilUknow beat me by 1 hour.
  • This is so wrong, but at the same time, I laughed so hard. Also, I heard that Vince Gilligan himself loved it (via his Nerdist episode).

• To be fair, I'd rather live in an apartment in the Village than any of those castles in the long run.
  • http://opi.mt.gov/users/dougdoty/weblog/d54c8/Surgery_To_Stop_Autistic_Boys_Screaming_Tic_Raises_Ethical_Questions.html

The article is woefully spartan, especially since it says nothing if the kid even consented. What do you guys think?
  • Barenaked Ladies has a new music video out, and it was produced with Rooster Teeth./blockquote>

I ended up being an unintentional extra in that video from going to RTX 2011. I'm part of the zombie horde.

• Got my 80 day eval (a day late). Assuming I don't fuck up the next 9 days, I'm free to finish my 1 year tour!! :-P
  • edited October 2013
    Post edited by Casa Vino on
  • edited October 2013
    http://opi.mt.gov/users/dougdoty/weblog/d54c8/Surgery_To_Stop_Autistic_Boys_Screaming_Tic_Raises_Ethical_Questions.html

The article is woefully spartan, especially since it says nothing if the kid even consented. What do you guys think?
    We live across the street from a family with an adult (mid 30s) child with a traumatic brain injury. He's totally unable to communicate verbally, and needs 24x7 supervision. He goes to school at the high school every day, but it really just amounts to respite care for his parents as I don't think he's physically capable of learning anything at all. Twice a day they walk him around the neighborhood with someone on each side to keep him from pulling away and shambling off. The walks resemble someone walking a badly behaved dog. He gives no feedback and just shuffles along with them wearing his spit bib, then is left on the front porch while they have dinner.

He belts out tremendous, ear-splitting screams every 10 minutes, every day, until he goes to sleep at night (I think they medicate him to sleep). Every day. All week long. All month long. All year long.

At the risk of sounding insensitive, I think that in a case like this, where it's nearly certain that he'll never use his vocal chords for communication ever again, and it's arguable that the value of his ability to express himself by screaming full bore at the top of his lungs every ten minutes is trumped by the rights of the people in the neighborhood to live in a relatively peaceful environment and not have their pets and small children frightened constantly on a daily basis, their sleep interrupted, and so on... I don't see much wrong with this. I can't see how it's torture if general anesthesia is used. If he'll be tortured by his inability to vocalize in this way every day, well, I wonder whether you can really argue that it's worse than his torture at only being able to scream, or the torture of the people who live next door or worse, in the same home.

I feel really badly for the family but I think that cases like this really highlight what a shame it is that humane euthanasia is so stigmatized.
    Post edited by muppet on
  • http://opi.mt.gov/users/dougdoty/weblog/d54c8/Surgery_To_Stop_Autistic_Boys_Screaming_Tic_Raises_Ethical_Questions.html

We live across the street from a family with an adult (mid 30s) child with a traumatic brain injury. He's totally unable to communicate verbally, and needs 24x7 supervision. He goes to school at the high school every day, but it really just amounts to respite care for his parents as I don't think he's physically capable of learning anything at all. Twice a day they walk him around the neighborhood with someone on each side to keep him from pulling away and shambling off. The walks resemble someone walking a badly behaved dog. He gives no feedback and just shuffles along with them wearing his spit bib, then is left on the front porch while they have dinner.

He belts out tremendous, ear-splitting screams every 10 minutes, every day, until he goes to sleep at night (I think they medicate him to sleep). Every day. All week long. All month long. All year long.

At the risk of sounding insensitive, I think that in a case like this, where it's nearly certain that he'll never use his vocal chords for communication ever again, and it's arguable that the value of his ability to express himself by screaming full bore at the top of his lungs every ten minutes is trumped by the rights of the people in the neighborhood to live in a relatively peaceful environment and not have their pets and small children frightened constantly on a daily basis, their sleep interrupted, and so on... I don't see much wrong with this. I can't see how it's torture if general anesthesia is used. If he'll be tortured by his inability to vocalize in this way every day, well, I wonder whether you can really argue that it's worse than his torture at only being able to scream, or the torture of the people who live next door or worse, in the same home.

I feel really badly for the family but I think that cases like this really highlight what a shame it is that humane euthanasia is so stigmatized.
    This kind of thing happening to my son is my deepest terror.