This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited February 2016
    I would go pretty much anywhere that played the THPS2 soundtrack.
    Edit: It just generated a GREAT bar idea.
    YOU SHOULD START A SOUTH PARK THEMED BAR THAT SELLS BACON TOPPED DONUTS AND PLAYS MUSIC FROM THE TONY HAWKS PRO SKATER 2 SOUNDTRACK.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • So, our group was discussing shows which have the entire world revolve around a single concept. This lead into what concept would be most disappointing in real life. We have a winner.
  • I would go pretty much anywhere that played the THPS2 soundtrack.

I was just about to say the same thing.

• Dazzle369 said:

Twitch watches Pokemon

Watch live video from twitchwatchespokemon on www.twitch.tv

Comment section is mental

Twitch often mutes copyrighted material. How did this get through?
  • Daikun said:

Twitch often mutes copyrighted material. How did this get through?

Official Pokémon Twitch account
  • Pretty fun PC build, upgrading a 1995 486 to current hardware.
  • Thing of beauty, that.
  • This one might tickle @Victor Frost 's fancy -

The opening is kind of a play on Talladega Nights and the falcon was most likely from the Prince's own collection in an attempt to give some identity (shaky at best).
  • I ain't afraid of no ghost!
  • I was really hoping for at least half a smile at that Ghostbusters trailer, but it was entirely humor-free for me. That's a real pity, as I was hoping for good things from a female reboot.

Then YouTube played the next movie trailer automatically, and it was for the Angry Birds movie:

I'm not kidding, the last section of that trailer made me laugh more than anything in the last month. I know trailer editors often put the best joke/moment in the trailer, and nothing else in the movie comes close, and that the final movie won't sustain that high... but why didn't an editor put any jokes in the Ghostbusters trailer?
  • I almost never watch videos online anymore but you gotta watch this one. Thanks to Pegu for finding it.
  • Thank Boing Boing :P
  • edited March 2016
    Greg said:

I almost never watch videos online anymore...

What the... How the...

I can't even with that.
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • Dromaro said:

Greg said:

I almost never watch videos online anymore...

What the... How the...

I can't even with that.
    Record sample, program a sequencer.

• Is Reggie Watts actually funny and I just don't get it? I feel like it's either that, or there is a laugh track, or people are laughing because they also don't get it, but don't want to be left out. I hope it's the latter so I am not alone.
  • Belliger said:

Is Reggie Watts actually funny and I just don't get it? I feel like it's either that, or there is a laugh track, or people are laughing because they also don't get it, but don't want to be left out. I hope it's the latter so I am not alone.

Just remember how to make a fuck shit stack and you are good. Not my taste directly but grok the appeal.
  • Belliger said:

Is Reggie Watts actually funny and I just don't get it? I feel like it's either that, or there is a laugh track, or people are laughing because they also don't get it, but don't want to be left out. I hope it's the latter so I am not alone.

The guy has some pretty great showmanship.
    He really finds Australian indigenous words interesting whether they be town names or animals.

Beyond that he makes a real stage audio presence different to other comics and has multiple facets of humour. Once again they can be hit and miss.

Attending one of his shows is completely different to watching him on Youtube.

• Sometimes a failure becomes so spectacular that it loops into glory.
  • To Catch a Tortimer.
  • ThatGent said:

Sometimes a failure becomes so spectacular that it loops into glory.

There was so much wrong with that.
  • Funny, I have no trouble reading this dyslexia simulator. Though at times I do have trouble reading in general, especially if I'm trying to read faster.

http://geon.github.io/programming/2016/03/03/dsxyliea
  • Wait.... Are they reporting on the game's NPC like he's a real person out to corrupt your kids?