This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Gamestop won't sell games to "stupid kids".

2»

Comments

• So my next question is do you ask fat people if they have a thyroid condition before making fun of them?
    No, I can tell.
  • So my next question is do you ask fat people if they have a thyroid condition before making fun of them?
    No, I can tell.
    Haha. Actually, my ex-girlfriend's mother had one; she looked just like any other fat person.
  • edited September 2007

This is actually something that bothers me a little. What is the line between someone who is just dumb, and someone who is mentally disabled? At what point does it become ok or not ok to ridicule a person for their stupidity? Why do people feel little sympathy for someone who just does something stupid, but much more for someone who does something equally stupid, yet has a lower overall intelligence due to neurological problems? Is it the "he should have known better" response?

At what point does disdain for stupidity become sympathy for the troubled, or vice versa?

Well, legally, if I remember correctly, at an IQ of 75, you are stupid, and at an IQ of 74, you are retarded.
    Post edited by Andrew on