This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pen, Pencil or Funtain Pen?

2»

Comments

• It real improved my hand writing, but the second day of using a normal/ gel pen ruined it.
    With my mom being a teacher, I got her handwriting skillz, so (if I try) I can fool her kids when I go to her classroom and write on the board. It was really fun when I was taking Algebra, so I'd write equations that would be warm-ups for her kids, make up crazy pop quizzes, and all of the sort. Now I don't hang out there as much.
  • I do all my lessons with the computer and a beamer. No one would be able to read my writing on a chalk board.
  • I do all my lessons with the computer and a beamer.No onewould be able to read my writing on a chalk board.
    I don't understand how it's so hard to write on a chalk/dry-erase board. It seems so comfortable to me, like writing on a desk. Maybe I'm just really used to it.
  • No one could read it if I would be writing it on paper on a desk. :)
  • Gel pens are teh suck. They smear and get all over your hands. They also make my writing really sloppy. Bic ballpoint FTW.
  • No one could read it if I would be writing it on paper on a desk. :)
    Sounds like this one kid who was in my science class, who brought his own laptop to school, because he writing was so bad the teachers couldn't read it.
  • Gel pens are teh suck. They smear and get all over your hands. They also make my writing really sloppy. Bic ballpoint FTW.
    Maybe you get the wrong ones, because my Cheap-o $1-for-3 gel pens never smear, and make things look great.
  • Well somehow my teacher and a few people can read it, but by far not everyone.
  • Well somehow my teacher and a few people can read it, but by far not everyone.
    That seems like it really sucks for you. But I guess with the help of this new-fangled Tech-no-mology, you can do anything!
  • I could write "nicely" but it just takes to long.
  • If I use a pencil, it must be a mechanical .7 pencil, and I use an external eraser of some sort. Usually the rectangular erasers with a cardboard sheath. If I must use a pen, the Pilot GX300 is preferred, but discontinued. Thus, the Pilot G2 is the next best thing.
  • edited October 2007
    Gel pens are teh suck. They smear and get all over your hands. They also make my writing really sloppy. Bic ballpoint FTW.
    I remember in middle school gel pens were the trend. Even then I didn't like them.

What about pens, pencils and stuff for drawing? I perfer my HB - 7B pencil set and a eraser pen for that. With chalk and charcoals it's messy, but I like the effect they make. I always liked how it smudges too.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • ...and I use an external eraser of some sort. Usually the rectangular erasers with a cardboard sheath...
    Oh! I just remembered! I always carry around 2 gum erasers with me, no matter what.
  • ...and I use an external eraser of some sort. Usually the rectangular erasers with a cardboard sheath...
    Oh! I just remembered! I always carry around 2 gum erasers with me, no matter what.
    I never liked how gum erasers erased.
    I never liked how gum erasers erased.
    Mine are always awesome, they get rid of everything except the ink. It makes me tear up thinking about it... :P
  • I prefer to use mechanical pencils. I used to time myself taking them apart and putting them back together whenever the class was boring.
  • My writing's so horrible, it was either become a doctor or go into computers. I had too much fun playing with computers to get a degree in medicine.
  • Keyboard, like most here have already stated, however, if I am in need of having to write something, I prefer pens.

Before, I was a big fan of collecting all sorts of writing utencils. From mechanical pencils (0.5) to fine tip ball point pens. I would purposely purchase any cute mechanical pencil of pen that had some cute Japanese cartoon character on it, such as Badtz-Maru, Tare Panda, or Pochacco. Also if the pen/pencil can be twirled between my fingers or on top my thumb, then it became a favorite.