This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Legend of Zelda : Phantom Hourglass

edited October 2007 in Video Games
I must say that this game is pretty good, also if you like the stylus this is the game for you :P

Comments

• Downloaded the American version and I must say this is definitely a return to form. Reminds me a lot of the puzzles from links awakening.
  • Downloaded the American version and I must say this is definitely a return to form. Reminds me a lot of the puzzles from links awakening.
    Downloaded? You ass. I'm waiting for it to come in the mail from Amazon.
  • I also downloaded it. They really made this game to easy.
  • Same here. I would have to wait ages for some games to come out in Germany. ;)
    Downloaded? You ass. I'm waiting for it to come in the mail from Amazon.
    Yes downloaded. I sense an hypocritical anti piracy rant.

Does seem easy but isn't frustrating in the way some of the old Nintendo logic Zeldas were.
    I spent months stuck at the very beginning of LoZ:LA where it didn't occur to me that sprinkling the magic powder on the raccoon would make him sneeze and turn back in to the dude who would let me pass.
  • The controls take a little to get used to them, I guess. I shoot him across the screen on accident every once in a while.
  • I wish I liked the series like I did back in the day. I loved Zelda II and A Link to the Past, but after that I hated them all. Damn it, what's wrong with me!
  • So, how do I download these games?
    DS emulator and ROMs.
    DS emulator and ROMs.
    Also you can play roms on your ds if you have a flash cart such as the R4 or Cyclo Ds.
  • I guess I would have downloaded the game if I were to still living in a thrid world country but know the I work and have saved money for it I should definately getting the game. I am thinking on renting games through the internet but I have to be truth to myself "Am I gonna have time to play the game at any time and finish it in a month" I do not think so, I know it would take me a long time to finish it and then if it good enough I would go back to finish special quest and stuff.
    I guess the same goes with anything in general, if it is good enough you would go back and see it and find new things all the time. I know that after reading Phoenix vol 11 I found out that even Tezuka has made mistakes in his own work :P
  • I just got my copy from the store, I guess I wont be sleeping tonight
  • Or with an M3 Simply: Topic
  • Ok, let's not say HOW we got the game. Let's just discuss the game ITSELF.

This game is fun, and the Battle mode is surprisingly deep!
  • Yeah , the game is pretty good and graphics are superv also.
  • edited October 2007
    The only complaint I have is that the stylus sensitivity is not high enough. You have to drag too far to run.

OK, I just got the boomerang, and it's REALLY REALLY fun.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • I was thinking on buying the collector's edition guide but as I advance on the game I think I am not gonna need it, I got the the first elf and that boss was relatively easy :P
  • The only complaint I have is that the stylus sensitivity is not high enough. You have to drag too far to run.

OK, I just got the boomerang, and it's REALLY REALLY fun.
    I had trouble picking up and throwing rocks on the demo copy in the store.
  • Free Zelda stylus for answering nintendo survey and after registering the game :P
  • I'm in ur ghost ships, fightin' some Reaplings.
  • edited October 2007
    Man, I have not played Wind Waker, but how does it compare to that one?
    And do you guys think Nintendo would remake Ocarina of Time for the DS?
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Oki, I am stuck on the ice island, how to hit eyes that close every they see you?
  • edited October 2007

Oki, I am stuck on the ice island, how to hit eyes that close every they see you?

Boomerang? I'm not there yet. I just got the fishing rod, and have been just sailing around for about three hours fishing. I don't know how it's going to be useful, but it's fun and I can do it while watching TV.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Ive given up bothering. Can't figure out what I'm supposed to do to get into gust island. Found all the other islands in the north west and got the rod but still can't get a clue.
  • What do you mean "get into" Gust Island? You mean into the cave? You just have to activate the three windmills.
  • Also you have to use the wind in order to get a long jump.
  • I'm liking this one a lot. It has a lot of polish. It also uses the DS to it's fullest potential. You know how when designers really get to know a platform and games start to exploit the platform hardware to the fullest? That's the feeling I get from this game. I've got Phoenix Wright going and Puzzle Quest too and my daughter is also playing Hourglass. Lots of competition for the unit.
  • Beat it yesterday. The ending is really good and the boss fight was tough but enjoyable.
  • How dependant on stylus accuracy is this game? Is it forgiving or does it screw you if you are off by a few pixels?
  • How dependant on stylus accuracy is this game? Is it forgiving or does it screw you if you are off by a few pixels?
    It's about as good as it can be. However, I sometimes finding myself having to rechart sea routes, but that's because the train is shaky.