This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Legend of Zelda : Phantom Hourglass

2»

Comments

• Well, I have finish the game, it was kind of easy, but still great fun, I will definately will comeback to unlock all the treasures. There is still one island I have not gone yet. It is the one next to the Ocean King's temple. Also the ending was kind of weird
  • edited October 2007
    I haven't been able to blitz this game straight through. I get to play it for a few hours every three days or so because things have been busy.

That said, I just got the go-go-gadget grappling hook, and it's rocking my world -- it slices, it dices, it's a zipline AND a tightrope. But wait, there's more! It's a giant slingshot, too!(Also makes julienne fries.) It was really pissing my off that I didn't know what to do with all of those pegs scattered through the maps.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • clxclx
    edited October 2007
    I'm considering getting a DS just for this game (and maybe a few others) but I really cant justify it as I dont have that much time when I can just sit and play :(
    Post edited by clx on
  • I'm considering getting a DS just for this game (and maybe a few others) but I really cant justify it as I dont have that much time when I can just sit and play :(
    You don't have a DS? Don't worry about time to sit and play, you carry the DS with you and play in the cracks of your life. 5-10 minute bursts. You can save the game at any time, and you can close or open the lid to quickly suspend/resume any game. I am approaching the point where I might say the DS is the best console ever.
  • I'd say the DS is a bit like the iPod. It just fills a gap you needed filled and does so very well.
  • edited October 2007
    The only gripe I have about the game is that freaking Ocean's King Temple... That aside, great game, lots of side questing to do and mini games to win.

The island next to the oceans king temple is a feature to trade items with people via wireless
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • The only gripeIhave about the game is that freaking Ocean's King Temple...That aside, great game, lots of side questing to do and mini games to win.

The island next to the oceans king temple is a feature to trade items with people via wireless
    I agree with you entirely about the Ocean King's temple being a sore spot on an otherwise great game. Goron's temple made up for it.
  • I'm considering getting a DS just for this game (and maybe a few others) but I really cant justify it as I dont have that much time when I can just sit and play :(
    You don't have a DS? Don't worry about time to sit and play, you carry the DS with you and play in the cracks of your life. 5-10 minute bursts. You can save the game at any time, and you can close or open the lid to quickly suspend/resume any game. I am approaching the point where I might say the DS is the best console ever.
    Buy me one please? :) I promise I will stop posting in "that thread" for a whole week! MONTH!
  • As you advance on the game the Ocean's King temple gets uber easy. Also the hook is one of the best weapons out there. I am still sad there is no triforce on this one. Well I haven't seen it yet :(
  • As you advance on the game the Ocean's King temple gets uber easy. Also the hook is one of the best weapons out there. I am still sad there is no triforce on this one. Well I haven't seen it yet :(

There will be triforce action at the end. I mean, seriously. Is this Zelda or not?
  • As you advance on the game the Ocean's King temple gets uber easy. Also the hook is one of the best weapons out there. I am still sad there is no triforce on this one. Well I haven't seen it yet :(There will be triforce action at the end. I mean, seriously. Is this Zelda or not?You do the "Tri-force" action with the 3 sprites. And the few puzzles in the Ocean King Temple that have some triangle action.
  • Ok, so I need to find all 60 gems in order to do the tri-force?
    But seriously with level one of each one of them you can beat the game very easily.
  • No, I just mean that there's no Tri-force, just the 3 spirits that share the names of the the Tri-force components.
  • I was just reading on Kotaku that there will be a Gold Zelda themed DS Lite released for the holidays.
  • I was just reading on Kotaku that there will be a Gold Zelda themed DS Lite released for the holidays.
    Me want silver!
    Me want silver!
    Silver = win. Gold = okay. Still gotta get a DS, or Wii. *grumbles*
  • When I was in japan I saw this tall doing crazy custom art work on DSs and phones. So want one.
  • OK, I am taking out the Gannon Style "four part monster" (don't want to spoil anything) and I have to say that this is annoying with the stylus. I got this beast down to the the last one but I keep screwing up my swings to bounce the one ball back.

What I want to know is how far into the game am I at this point? 25%, 50%, 75%?

I am glad to see that the game has gotten harder as I have gotten further into it (invisible scorpion, what a bitch getting around to his backside!) but I am curious to know how much more game play is ahead of me.