This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• That show was terrible, though.
    It was no worse than the original Transformers series.
    I'll have to try and watch it again sometime...
    Speaking as a man who wrecked his happy childhood memories of He-Man, I suggest you avoid this course of action.
  • Legend of Korra seems to be everything I wanted to see in a new Avatar show. Fuck yeah steampunk setting. Almost makes up for the movie.
    What movie?
    Almost makes up for the movie.
    What is this movie you speak of? I do not believe anything like that exists.

Edit: Oz by 9 seconds. :P
    Ah, I see. So it's been banished to the dimension of Superman 3 & 4, Son of the Mask, and X-Men: The Last Stand, has it? Good.
  • Ah, I see. So it's been banished to the dimension of Superman 3 & 4, Son of the Mask, and X-Men: The Last Stand, has it?
    I believe the term is "Son? I have no son."
  • Aang train Korra? Korra is Aang.
    I'm interested in seeing who she finds as her bending master. I thought all of the Monks where wiped out by the Fire Nation. So Aang was the only person alive to teach people air bending.

Is bending tired to genetics? EX: Can someone born in the Fire Nation be taught Earth bending?

Happy thought: Air bending bullets would be bad ass.
  • Is bending tired to genetics?
    It appears to be, similar to magic in the PoN.
  • Aang train Korra? Korra is Aang.
    I'm interested in seeing who she finds as her bending master. I thought all of the Monks where wiped out by the Fire Nation. So Aang was the only person alive to teach people air bending.
    They've said that it is Aang and Katara's son, Tenzin, is the one she is looking for to teach her air bending.

I'm actually more curious as to who taught her the other elements, since at the start she will already have mastered the other three. It's certainly possible that Toph and/or Zuko are the ones that taught her their elements, since it's not inconceivable that they would still be alive.
  • edited July 2010
    Aang train Korra? Korra is Aang.

Is bending tired to genetics? EX: Can someone born in the Fire Nation be taught Earth bending?

Happy thought: Air bending bullets would be bad ass.
    If the plot synopsis is to be believed, she will be learning from Aang's son, Tenzin. Genetics in the avatar universe is an interesting question. Assuming Tenzin's mother was Katara, I guess he also could have been a Water Bender. So far the avatar is the only one who can bend multiple elements, so did random chance decide if he got Air or Water, are elements dominant/recessive or what?

And yeah can't wait to see how bending is applied in this more technologically advanced setting.

Also who else would be in favor of Sokka still being alive and serving in a Master Roshi-esque dirty old man role?
    Post edited by Doctor Barber on
  • Yeah, Tenzin's mother is Katara, Doctor.
  • I would also like to see a 5th Nation make an appearance with another Avatar. ZOMG!!!1! DOUBLEZ AVATARZ ACTIONZ!!!!

We may see the inventor and his son (guy in flying wheel chair) make a reappearance or be referenced. His inventions at the temple were steampunk tech.
  • edited July 2010
    If the plot synopsis is to be believed, she will be learning from Aang's son, Tenzin. Genetics in the avatar universe is an interesting question. Assuming Tenzin's mother was Katara, I guess he also could have been a Water Bender. So far the avatar is the only one who can bend multiple elements, so did random chance decide if he got Air or Water, are elements dominant/recessive or what?
    Maybe it will be like in that one episode where Iroh teaches Zukko the technique he developed from training with water benders. Basically, maybe he'll air-bend with a combination of movements from both benders.

Spoilered just in case.
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • I would also like to see a 5th Nation make an appearance with another Avatar.ZOMG!!!1! DOUBLEZ AVATARZ ACTIONZ!!!!
    From the sounds of it Republic City, where this show is to take place, seems like a 5th nation since its a mixture of all the nations. As for 2 Avatars that is 1) impossible due to the mythology of the world and 2) stupid. There is no point in having two, other then to be like "ZOMG!!!1! DOUBLEZ AVATARZ ACTIONZ!!!!" The job of an Avatar is to keep balance, having two means they Avatars are out of balance.
  • having two means they Avatars are out of balance.
    Yup. That would be a plot twist I would like to see.
  • I would also like to see a 5th Nation make an appearance with another Avatar.ZOMG!!!1! DOUBLEZ AVATARZ ACTIONZ!!!!
    What element would you suggest? ZOMG PLASMA NATION!11!!
  • What element would you suggest?
    DUH! HEART NATION!

Earth, Fire, Air, Water, & Heart!

With those powers combined = ZOMG!!!11!1CAPTAIN PLANET AVATARZ ACTIONS!!
  • Combined = Captain Planet Planet?
  • What element would you suggest?
    MOOLTIPASS!
  • Ah, I see. So it's been banished to the dimension of Superman 3 & 4, Son of the Mask, and X-Men: The Last Stand, has it? Good.
    How has the unspeakable Batman and Robin been overlooked?
  • Ah, I see. So it's been banished to the dimension of Superman 3 & 4, Son of the Mask, and X-Men: The Last Stand, has it? Good.
    How has the unspeakable Batman and Robin been overlooked?
    Batman and Robin pulls off the whole full circle thing. It's so horribly bad that it becomes hilarious.
  • I kind of wish they would finish off the "Zuko's mother" story arc, maybe they could make an animated movie about it. They could call it "Zuko Gaiden" or something like that.
  • I can only hope that the characters from the first series do not have too large of a role in this new series. I want the show to grow from its roots, not be strangled by them.

Many of the kids from the first series could still be alive, just think of King Boomi.
    What element would you suggest? ZOMG PLASMA NATION!11!!
    I think they could make some sort of shadow benders or a nation with no benders and advance technology.

Failing that... Captain Planet!
  • Ah, I see. So it's been banished to the dimension of Superman 3 & 4, Son of the Mask, and X-Men: The Last Stand, has it?
    I believe the term is "Son? I have no son."
    korra:

• You should not be linking to Olgaf without some sort of warning. Like "Very NSFW."
  • You should not be linking to Olgaf without some sort of warning. Like "Very NSFW."
    That's why it's blocked at work! was trying to figure that out :-p
  • I can only hope that the characters from the first series do not have too large of a role in this new series. I want the show to grow from its roots, not be strangled by them.

Many of the kids from the first series could still be alive, just think of King Boomi.
    I think they should downplay the older characters and play up the new ones. I want it to be Zeta, not Seed Destiny.
    ehheheehee sorreee
    I think it's more environment based. I use the swamp guys as an example with plants or the water tribe being surrounded by water. Or perhaps technique based like when Toph said she learned by the moles or Katara said waterbenders learned from the moon pulling the ocean.
    I think it's more environment based. I use the swamp guys as an example with plants or the water tribe being surrounded by water. Or perhaps technique based like when Toph said she learned by the moles or Katara said waterbenders learned from the moon pulling the ocean.
    If that were true then everyone would be able to become avatars.
    Maybe you are born with the ability to bend, but when you bend an element, your bending type solidifies, and from then on out, you can bend only one element. Unless you're the Avatar, in which case it remains open to any bending.
    Maybe you are born with the ability to bend, but when you bend an element, your bending type solidifies, and from then on out, you can bend only one element. Unless you're the Avatar, in which case it remains open to any bending.
    I have a running theory that bending has some link to spirituality, which explains why all the Air Nomads appear to be Airbenders. It probably has a genetic component as well though.