This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Kingdom Hearts

2»

Comments

• So how about that Kingdom Hearts 3D? It's got a crazy battle system, a Hunchback world, and a ridiculous subtitle: Dream Drop Distance. You know how Nomura loves those crazy cryptic bullshit subtitles!

Also Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix has three bonus bosses in the Mirage Arena and a bonus episode that features an exclusive world, boss, and another secret ending movie.
  • crazy battle system
    Isn't it based off of Birth By Sleep's battle system?
    a Hunchback world
    Where have you been all my life, Square-Enix?
    a ridiculous subtitle: Dream Drop Distance
    Yeah, that's pretty silly.
  • edited January 2011
    It's Birth By Sleep, but with crazy bouncing around action and also some kind of DROP meter that does something but who knows what. But yeah, Hunchback world!! And since all the Disney worlds in this game will be new, there can only be good things coming.
    Post edited by Diddgery on
  • And since all the Disney worlds in this game will be new, there can only be good things coming.
    I want a Princess and the Frog and a Tangled world. MAKE THIS HAPPEN, SQUARE!
  • edited January 2011
    KH is dead to me after the incomprehensible plot of KH2. One of my students told me that it was all explained in Birth by Sleep and 365/2 Days, but I'll be god-danmed if I'm going to buy a game on an entirely different system, a hand-held mind you, so a company can retroactively explain a plot that made no sense.
    Boo-erns.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • KH is dead to me after the incomprehensible plot of KH2. One of my students told me that it was all explained in Birth by Sleep and 365/2 Days, but I'll be god-danmed if I'm going to buy a game on an entirely different system, a hand-held mind you, so a company can retroactively explain a plot that made no sense.
    Boo-erns.
    Here was the plot of Kingdom Hearts II, after you strip away the "Roxas was Sora's nobody" stuff: Someone told Sora to go fuck up Organization XIII, so he did.
  • KH is dead to me after the incomprehensible plot of KH2. One of my students told me that it was all explained in Birth by Sleep and 365/2 Days, but I'll be god-danmed if I'm going to buy a game on an entirely different system, a hand-held mind you, so a company can retroactively explain a plot that made no sense.
    Boo-erns.
    Here was the plot of Kingdom Hearts II, after you strip away the "Roxas was Sora's nobody" stuff: Someone told Sora to go fuck up Organization XIII, so he did.
    The whole Nobody/Heartless thing made little sense because it is first implied that a body without a soul (Heartless) becomes inherently bad, and a soul without a body (Nobodies) are also inherently bad. Yet they reverse this implication numerous times, and give no clear reason why the Nobodies or Heartless attack anyone. How the hell did they split Sora into like, three different people anyhow? Why do they all have entire histories in their memories that never happened?! What about that one blond chick who was the original girl's nobody?! What the hell happened between the first game and the second?!?! Why were organization XIII all Nobodies but sentient?!?!?! WHY WAS AFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!
  • How the hell did they split Sora into like, three different people anyhow?
    Roxas was his Nobody from when he became a Heartless trying to release Kari's heart in Hallow Bastion toward the end of the first game. Xion from 358/2 is his clone, made by OrgXIII
    Why do they all have entire histories in their memories that never happened?!
    Chain of Memories.
    What about that one blond chick who was the original girl's nobody?!
    Namine. She plays a major part in Chain of Memories.
    What the hell happened between the first game and the second?!?!
    There was a game in between the two: the GBA Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. It sucked, gameplay wise. Here's what happened: OrgXIII traps Sora in a castle with a girl who can change memories, trying to get Roxas back. They fuck up, and Sora kills like half of them. One guy was trying to use Sora to take over the Org or something, and gets his ass kicked by Sora. Then Sora ends up in a pod to restore his original memories that Namine fucked around with, trying to make him a slave to OrgXIII.
  • edited January 2011
    @Neito:
    1. Okay, so his it's his nobody from the first game. Way to not indicate that any such thing could exist. Retcon.
    2/3/4. Convoluted bullshit! Why/how did Roxas vanish in the first place?! Where did OrgXIII come from in the first place? Why are they all nobodies?! Why does OrgXIII seem to exist for no other reason than to fuck things up with no other goal than to fuck things up?!?!

No brushie can stop this ragebat.
  • Why/how did Roxas vanish in the first place?!
    He left the Organization when he found out the truth about Xion
  • SPOILARZ HO!
    Even though he forgot about Xion after he destroyed her, just like everyone else
  • 2/3/4. Convoluted bullshit! Why/how did Roxas vanish in the first place?! Where did OrgXIII come from in the first place? Why are they all nobodies?! Why does OrgXIII seem to exist for no other reason than to fuck things up with no other goal than to fuck things up?!?!
    Answer: Squeenix let a character designer be a director.
  • Birth by Sleep -Volume 2-
    Wow...I...Wow...
    On the plus side, it has epic music, and looks like it'll actually tell us something we all want to know, which is what Aqua does for years and years from the end of BBS to the end of KHII.
  • If by "epic music" you mean "Destati played at a slightly slower speed," then yeah. I'm kind of expecting this to be kind of like Chain of Memories (mainly because of that castle), though one person came up with the idea that maybe Aqua will be visiting the worlds that were consumed by Heartless prior to/during KH1, which I'm totally okay with. I guess it'd be cool to have a game (or at least story) taking place in the Realm of Darkness regardless.

A friend of mine pointed out that this is sort of like how there were a hundred Street Fighter IIs before Street Fighter III came out, but the difference is that these are just all new games taking place at random places in the timeline to explain plot holes, many of which wind up creating more plot holes that need more games to explain.

At this rate I assume that we'll finally get Kingdom Hearts III in 2016, ten years after KHII came out.
  • Yes, I also assumed Aqua was visiting worlds consumed by darkness, and seeing the origin of the heartless. While it seems slightly cool, I still don't think we need a BbS sequel.
  • edited January 2011
    Wait, Xion? Who the fuck is that? Did they even mention this character in KH2? Also, selective amnesia as a plot is UTTER BULLSHIT.

I agree with Diddgery. Making games to fix weak plots is already marginally acceptable, but making MORE plot problems with them is just terrible writing.
    EDIT:
    They meet King Mickey, who reveals that the "Ansem" Sora defeated was actually the Heartless of Xehanort, a student of the real Ansem the Wise. Xemnas, the leader of Organization XIII, reveals himself to be the Nobody of Xehanort.[56][57] The three arrive at the headquarters of Organization XIII, with Kingdom Hearts looming overhead, with Sora defeating all the Organization members as he is finally reunited with Kairi and Riku, who reveals Roxas as Sora's Nobody whom he captured by willingly assuming Ansem's form (Xehanort's heartless) so Roxas would be integrated back into Sora. While this occurred, Mickey finds DiZ, revealed as Ansem the Wise, with a device to digitize some of Kingdom Hearts' power, but a system overload causes the machine to explode with Ansem consumed in the blast as the others arrive, with Riku restored to his original state.[58] At the top of the castle, Sora and his friends battle Xemnas, who uses the remnants of Kingdom Hearts to fight them.[59] Refusing to accept defeat, Xemnas separates Sora and Riku from the others to fight them in a final battle that ends with his demise. Though initially trapped on the other side, Sora and Riku are able to return to their world after reading a letter from Kairi that reveals the door to light.[60]
    I've read this four times and still can't make any sense of it.