This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Song you can't keep a serious face throughout.

edited November 2007 in Everything Else
...Either because of happinest of sadness.

Mines is "Let it Be" by the Beatles for undisclose reasons.

Comments

• Mambo No. 5, by Lou Bega. I adore that song, and I just want to sing; I also can't help but think of myself as the singer and, well, it makes me smile. XD

The Cat Carol (Can't remember who did it) is also another; it makes me so sad. It's about how a cat and a mouse find each other in the snow on Christmas Eve. The cat curls itself around the mouse to keep it warm, and when Santa comes upon them, he stops. The mouse comes out, saying, "Hooray, you found us, come, friend Cat, we have help!" ...But the cat's dead... so, to honor her, he gives her to the stars. Now, a cat constellation shows up every Christmas Eve.

I don't know if there actually is a cat constellation, but I was really moved by it, and cried the first few times I heard it. If I heard it again now, I'd probably cry again.
  • "You're So Vain" by Carly Simons. About five of my friends performed it for an English project, complete with a jig of their own creation. Now, whenever I hear it, I just start cracking up.
  • Mambo No. 5, by Lou Bega. I adore that song, and I just want to sing; I also can't help but think of myself as the singer and, well, it makes me smile. XD

The Cat Carol (Can't remember who did it) is also another; it makes me so sad. It's about how a cat and a mouse find each other in the snow on Christmas Eve. The cat curls itself around the mouse to keep it warm, and when Santa comes upon them, he stops. The mouse comes out, saying, "Hooray, you found us, come, friend Cat, we have help!" ...But the cat's dead... so, to honor her, he gives her to the stars. Now, a cat constellation shows up every Christmas Eve.

I don't know if there actually is a cat constellation, but I was really moved by it, and cried the first few times I heard it. If I heard it again now, I'd probably cry again.
    I can almost start crying listening to you talk about it. I'm such a sap.

I think mine would be the Super Mario theme. If I ever hear the first measure, I will immediately start singing it. What's worse, I can't sing for crap.
  • @linkigi - It's so sad when it gets closer to Christmas, I'll probably post a YouTube vid... =3
  • Lots of bad German gangster rap songs.
  • edited November 2007
    Whenever I listen to "Fix you" by Coldplay I cry but this is completely unconnected to my expression.
    Are we ok to post Skreemr links in here to songs?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Sure, aslong as it's not a super long song.
  • Albi the racist dragon.
  • edited November 2007
    My-Pace Daiou by Manzo. I only understand about a quarter of the things being said throughout the song, its in Japanese, but for some reason the beat along with the few things I do get crack me up. It might be because the chunks of lines that I cant translate out loud, I just fill in with random lines.
    Post edited by Tripwire on
  • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat's_in_the_Cradle
    Second. I always get a little teary at the last part.
  • edited November 2007
    Any Other Name by Thomas Newman. I cannot listen to that song without getting at least a little bit teary-eyed.

On a lighter note, the theme song for the German Super Mario Brothers Super Show causes me to laugh out loud for extended periods of time.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • "Carousel" by Mr. Bungle makes me smile.
  • "Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot" - Caramba

a nom.
  • "Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot" - Caramba
    Hilarious.
  • "Still Alive" from Portal
  • "Still Alive" fromPortal
    And the Remix Sail showed :D I can never keep my face from grinning when the sentry says "Are you still there?" XDDD
  • Knights of Cydonia by Muse. After seeing that video, I can't help but think of Kung-Fu wielding cowboys with laser pistols and squee with geekish delight
  • "Wham City" by Dan Deacon. I can barely keep from dancing around like an idiot to this song, any serious face I may have Is completely destroyed by the sugary awesomeness of this song.
  • Almost every song on the Neutral Milk Hotel album In The Aeroplane Over The Sea makes me sad. I'm guessing that not many of you have heard of them, so here are a few songs.
  • Two Headed Boy I is certainly a sad song, but I can't see how you can be sad during Holland, 1945 and King of Carrot Flowers I.
  • Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel, ever since I saw this.
  • The Star Wars Gangsta Rap for sure, and White & Nerdy by Weird Al Yankovic.
  • The end theme of Escaflowne (the entire show, not just the episode closer) makes me choke up each and every time I hear it.
  • I can't listen to "God Gave Rock 'n' Roll to You II" without getting a bit teary.

At the same time, I can't hear any of Twisted Sister's Christmas songs without laughing.
  • edited November 2007
    Give My Love to Rose, Johnny Cash

Lyrics:
    I found him by the railroad track this morning
    I could see that he was nearly dead
    I knelt down beside him and I listened
    Just to hear the words the dying fellow said

He said they let me out of prison down in Frisco
    For ten long years I've paid for what I've done
    I was trying to get back to Louisiana
    To see my Rose and get to know my son

Chorus:
    Give my love to Rose please won't you mister
    Take her all my money, tell her to buy some pretty clothes
    Tell my boy his daddy's so proud of him
    And don't forget to give my love to Rose

Tell them I said thanks for waiting for me
    Tell my boy to help his mom at home
    Tell my Rose to try to find another
    For it ain't right that she should live alone

Mister here's a bag with all my money
    It won't last them long the way it goes
    God bless you for finding me this morning

Chorus:
    Give my love to Rose please won't you mister
    Take her all my money, tell her to buy some pretty clothes
    Tell my boy his daddy's so proud of him
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Exerpt from You Never Even Call Me by My Name, David Allan Coe:
    Well, I was drunk the day my Mom got outta prison.
    And I went to pick her up in the rain.
    But, before I could get to the station in my pickup truck
    She got runned over by a damned old train.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • "The Sound of drums"
  • edited November 2007
    Muscle Museum by Muse.

I met this girl at a party and we kept trying to hook up, but I didn't really have the time for her. She played this song on the radio for me.

Pity really, she was awesome. I was a little naive at the time.
    Post edited by dutopia on