This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Obama in Iowa

13»

Comments

• Actually, Obama did extremely well amongst independents. It's the Democrats that didn't vote for him.

This will make South Carolina very interesting.
  • This will make South Carolina very interesting.
    Yes indeed. I'd bet big money on whoever wins SC now. (Unless Edwards wins. Then it's all up in the air again....)
  • edited January 2008
    (Unless Edwards wins. Then it's all up in the air again....)
    Which is entirely possible considering he's from NC.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • (Unless Edwards wins. Then it's all up in the air again....)
    Which is entirely possible considering he's from NC.
    Edwards has not won his own state since the first (and only) time they elected him.
  • Obama has a rally in Hartford on Monday. I plan to attend, unless something comes up.
  • He has an event at the Meadowlands center in NJ on Monday. I would love to go, but stupid work. I was really hoping to hear him speak, but I guess I won't be able to anytime soon.
  • He has an event at the Meadowlands center in NJ on Monday. I would love to go, but stupid work. I was really hoping to hear him speak, but I guess I won't be able to anytime soon.
    You can hear him on YouTube.
  • I meant hear him speak in person. I've heard him speak on TV, but I get the feeling that it is truly a whole other experience to hear him in person.
  • I meant hear him speak in person. I've heard him speak on TV, but I get the feeling that it is truly a whole other experience to hear him in person.
    How would it be different?
  • How would it be different?
    Scott doesn't understand context. ;^)
  • edited February 2008
    Scott doesn't understand context. ;^)

Scott Rubin is a genius. Seriously.
    Well, I guess everyone has his or her weaknesses. ^_^
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Scott doesn't understand context. ;^)
    Apparently.
    This from a guy who has paid to go to concerts? Why not just download the bootlegs?
    This from a guy who has paid to go to concerts? Why not just download the bootlegs?
    Live music is completely different from recorded music. Live talking is not.
  • edited February 2008
    Live music is completely different from recorded music. Live talking is not.
    Of course it is because of the atmosphere with all the people getting excited and cheering because they believe in this guy, just as the crowd adds to the enjoy of live music. You wouldn't enjoy a concert so much if you were the only one there.

In reality i doubt that much will change but it feels good to be swept up in the emotion of it all.
    Post edited by Linton on
  • Of course it is because of the atmosphere with all the people getting excited and cheering because they believe in this guy, just as the crowd adds to the enjoy of live music. You wouldn't enjoy a concert so much if you were the only one there.

In reality i doubtthatmuch will change but it feels good to be swept up in the emotion of it all.
    I don't mind being swept up in a crowd for purposes of entertainment, be it sports or music. I do mind being swept up in a crowd for purposes of political propaganda.
  • So your saying you would not want to be in the crowd during the "I have a dream" speech by King?
  • So your saying you would not want to be in the crowd during the "I have a dream" speech by King?
    It's no different than watching the video.
    It's no different than watching the video.
    Except it would be in colour.
  • Except it would be in colour.
    Ok, so anyone who went to a speech prior to modern video technology has an excuse.