This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WoW = 9/11?

124»

Comments

• kenjura said:

Rochelle said:

WotLK was the best. Still have fond memories of being a hardcore raider.

Did you play on Argent Dawn? I'd be disappointed if you didn't; it just seems so you. We may be small, but we're fierce, dangit!
    My main was a troll Shaman on Daggerspine. I played the next xpac but only leveled up. I never did any raiding and stopped after that.

Jeremy still plays, but isn't raiding or anything. He tells me some of the stuff that's going on and how much the game has changed. It's cool he gets to be able to do some of the old school raids.

I really loved the lore of WoW. I want to look into the books but don't know where to start. If anyone has suggestions, I'm up for it.

• Rochelle said:

I really loved the lore of WoW. I want to look into the books but don't know where to start. If anyone has suggestions, I'm up for it.

Nobbel's channel has a ton of great videos that summarize lore, including books:
  • I enjoyed the exploration and unknown parts of Wow, since it was such a large world. I loved going on dungeons and raids but as soon as I had to do something more than a few times I would get bored and move on.
  • Rochelle said:

My main was a troll Shaman on Daggerspine. I played the next xpac but only leveled up. I never did any raiding and stopped after that.

Daggerspine? Small world, even if we weren't the same faction.
  • Man, reviewing that Lich King farm kill six years later, I'm nitpicking some of these tank transitions. Bluedrank taunts an add off of me, turns it around, and 3-4 people eat the silence cone...

Also Sunako (the one taking the vid) runs straight through a defile.
  • kenjura
    kenjura
    WOW
    kenjura
    What year did I wake up in?
  • I get the impression that a lot of kids today would "explore" games like this on wikias/livestreams but not actually play them.
  • I'd probably casually play wow now if it was Free to play, no way I'm buying expansions and paying a monthy fee.
  • This is the saddest thing about Borderlands. I could have been basically raids without the grind, but they enforced the leveling/loot regime.
  • pence said:

Rochelle said:

Daggerspine? Small world, even if we weren't the same faction.
    LOL whut? Dspine! How long where you there? I was there since almost the beginning!
    kenjura said:

Rochelle said:

Nobbel's channel has a ton of great videos that summarize lore, including books:
    Danke

• edited June 2016
    Rochelle said:

LOL whut? Dspine! How long where you there? I was there since almost the beginning!

Daggerspine Alliance from 2006 until 2010, when we jumped servers. If we met, it was probably fighting at the orb to Blackwing Lair or the entrance to Molten Core.
    Post edited by pence on
  • Rym said:

I get the impression that a lot of kids today would "explore" games like this on wikias/livestreams but not actually play them.

Interacting with younger kids as of late you are 100% correct.