This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Good techno.

2»

Comments

• Dubstep represent
  • edited January 2011
    Eh, dubstep just sounds like two transformers fucking.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I hear it's being called "bro-step" now. =/
  • Dubstep sucks.
  • edited January 2011
    I hear it's being called "bro-step" now. =/
    Mostly because "dubstep" originally referred to dark, arty, British electronic music with a two-step rhythm, e.g. Burial, Kode9, and Zomby. The term "brostep" is used to differentiate this artier, less dance-friendly music from the music of more popular DJs, like Flux Pavilion and The Prodigy, that are toting wobbly basslines and 2-step structure but with a dance-heavy club feel.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Mostly because "dubstep" originally referred to dark, arty, British electronic music with a two-step rhythm, e.g. Burial, Kode9, and Zomby. The term "brostep" is used to differentiate this artier, less dance-friendly music from the music of more popular DJs, like Flux Pavilion and The Prodigy, that are toting wobbly basslines and 2-step structure.
    NPR says similar things, however they say that, "Many electronic-music purists call this sound "bro-step," for the fraternity-brother types drawn to it."
  • "Many electronic-music purists call this sound "bro-step," for the fraternity-brother types drawn to it."
    Well yeah, that part was implied xD
  • Eh, dubstep just sounds like two transformers fucking.
    And *how*, exactly, is this a bad thing?
  • And *how*, exactly, is this a bad thing?
    They're born again christian transformers. To paraphrase a meme - Lights off, no items, missionary only.
  • edited January 2011
    I think Transformers fucking sounds more like Rotterdam Gabber:

Now, Nymphomatriarch sounds exactly like two humans fucking. Because that's what all the samples were taken from. VSnares is a psychopathic genius.

(The heavily modulated bends at around 2:20 were accomplished with a waterproof mic inside a condom. Hence the dialog. So yeah.)
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • That reminds me of a video Chris Cunningham did with Aphex Twin (NSFW).

They should show this in sex ed classes.
  • I really like techno and electronic music, but I don't know many good DJs. As of right now, the only ones I listen to are Aphex Twin, Daft Punk, and The Avalanches.

What other good techno exists?
    Are any of those artists actually "techno"? Daft Punk are more house than anything.
  • I just discovered Fukk Off. I'm probably late to the party, but they are way awesome. Apparently this music is techically Electro House. I dig it.

• edited June 2011
    I am pretty sure I discovered Fukkk Offf the same way you did.
    Post edited by Robyn Chaos on
  • From a PMV?
  • Yeah, I posted that in the pony thread before.
  • Techno songs I like come around about once every 5 years. This is one of them.