This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What was the first game you beat?

edited March 2008 in Video Games
There was a thread about this on Kotaku, so I decided to copy them.

The first game I beat was Mega Man 2.

Added Note: I beat it on an actual NES in the '80s you punk kids. I beat The Legend of Zelda next.

Comments

• A Bugs Life for the Game Boy Colour (using codes to skip levels), first game I beat without codes was Final Fantasy.
  • Super Mario World. I started gaming relatively late.
  • I'm not entirely sure, but I think it was FFV Advance. I'm not much of a gamer.
  • Super Mario Bros. on the NES and then Dodgeball. My proudest game beating was Legend of Legaia on PS1.
  • Pokemon Blue. Only needed 5 more pokemon to get 150, but my friends were assholes and now I don't care.
  • Golf for the NES. A combination of only renting games and a ration system for using the NES meant I couldn't finish longer games.
  • Zelda: Link's awakening. My Nintendo logic was so underdeveloped that I had it for a whole year before I realized how you used the magic powder.
  • It may have been TMNT for the NES. Not the arcade version.

If it wasn't that, well it certainly was the first one I remembered.
  • The First game that I remember to have beaten was Nintendo World Cup.
  • edited March 2008
    Super Mario Land 2 for the GameBoy. Second one was Pokemon Red. Third one was Wario Land, I think, which is one gem of a game that I think a lot of people missed.
    A Bugs Life for the Game Boy Colour (using codes to skip levels)
    Haha, I had that game too. And I also skipped through levels to beat it.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited March 2008
    Legend of Zelda
    Final Fantasy I
    Megaman III

All on the NES
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Probably Kirby's Adventure. If not, it might've been Arkista's Ring. I don't think many people know what the latter is (NES game).
  • I think it was Pokemon Red. I didn't beat a game for a long time because I tended to jump around a lot between games and never got incredibly far in most of them. ^^;; Second one after that was Spyro the Dragon for PS1. Both of those games I managed to get to to 100% completion with.
  • First one was probably Pokemon Blue.
  • Super Mario Bros on the NES along with Mike Tyson's Punchout. I also remember beating Kid Icarus on the Gameboy.
  • Alex Kidd in Miracle World, after that it's all a blur.
  • A Bugs Life for the Game Boy Colour (using codes to skip levels)
    Haha, I had that game too. And I also skipped through levels to beat it.
    That game was almost impossible to beat (at least for me and my crappy gaming skills...)
  • Pokemon Blue. I was so proud of myself.
  • Mine was Pokemon Red. God damn Gary Oak . . .
  • edited March 2008
    "Smell ya later!"

I actually really like Gary/Blue/Shigeru. Ash/Red/Satoshi was kind of a loser. I'm surprised he hasn't achieved more of an internet fanbase.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • The first MegaMan game on the original GameBoy.

And MegaMan 3 on the NES.

I can't remember which one was first. Probably the GameBoy one.
  • Final Fantasy VII.
  • Hmm...GBC was pretty much my first system of any sort....so I wanna say Pokemon Gold....but I think it was probably more likely than not some shitty game that I got since I had little knowledge of good games back then...
  • Super Mario Land 2 for the GameBoy.
  • Oh mans. I've sort of forgotten about the Super Mario Land games. 6 Golden Coins is a classic, and the first appearance of Wario. Super Mario Land 3 was actually Wario 1. Wario 2 is one of the greatest platform games ever. Wario 3 and 4 were mediocre, but I bought and beat them anyway. I'm still hoping for Wario 5 on the DS as a return to glory.
  • edited March 2008
    Full Throttle, I can't remember exactly if I actually beat it by myself though. My brother, dad, and I were playing it together.

First game I beat completely by myself was Max Payne, I think I'm gonna go get that running in Wine. No, I'm not 15, I'm 23 actually, I just have ADHD and lose interest in the majority of games I play.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • edited March 2008
    Commander keen 4 for the PC when I was like 6. I didn't really have a console until the ps1, but i've made up for it since.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • Sonic 3 or Doom 2, I honestly can't remember which one was first.