This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Reasons to hate Vista that are Microsoft's fault.

2»

Comments

• The one thing that annoyed me the most when moving to Vista is the way they changed the names of some things that had been ingrained in the user base. For example "Add and Remove" programs is now called "Installed software" (I think).

When I got my new machine with Vista preinstalled it took me about a week to find where they put everything. I still can not easily find some things when I need to.
  • The one thing that annoyed me the most when moving to Vista is the way they changed the names of some things that had been ingrained in the user base. For example "Add and Remove" programs is now called "Installed software" (I think).

When I got my new machine with Vista preinstalled it took me about a week to find where they put everything. I still can not easily find some things when I need to.
    You need to learn to use that little search box that's on every window. It makes your life so much easier.

You need to learn to use that little search box that's on every window. It makes your life so much easier.
    I'm not referring to files, I'm referring to options and settings.
  • I'm not referring to files, I'm referring to options and settings.
    I know, there's a search on the Control Panel window, seriously the best thing they ever did.
  • Only problem is, is that if you're searching for something that got renamed, you're fucked. If you search for "add or remove programs", you'll come up with nothing.

Either way, I think the name changes they made were for the better, for sure. It took some getting used to, but still.
  • Only problem is, is that if you're searching for something that got renamed, you're fucked. If you search for "add or remove programs", you'll come up with nothing.

Either way, I think the name changes they made were for the better, for sure. It took some getting used to, but still.
    Agreed, they make more sense now, ESPECIALLY in translated versions of windows (the ones I've encountered).

Also, the search box in the start menu/control panel is the best EVER.

I'll agree with you, I was banging my head against the wall for several months. The trick is instead of typing "add remove programs" you just type, "programs." Results! ;)
  • There is a "Uninstall or change a program" button in the "My Computer" window, along the blue tool bar.
  • edited April 2008
    There is a "Uninstall or change a program" button in the "My Computer" window, along the blue tool bar.
    It's not "my computer:" it's "computer."
    Post edited by Rym on