This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080415 - Games Only Rym Likes

2»

Comments

• Mega Man 2 doesn't fit the pattern though, does it? Isn't it just like every other Mega Man game?

I'm throwing in on Mario 2 here also.
  • Mega Man 2 doesn't fit the pattern though, does it? Isn't it just like every other Mega Man game?
    It's the exact opposite pattern. Zelda 2 and Mario 2 were weird games that were nothing like the rest of the series. I don't think they are bad, they just aren't as good as the others. Mega Man 2 is actually the best Mega Man game. It defined the Mega Man series rather than defying it.
    It's the exact opposite pattern. Zelda 2 and Mario 2 were weird games that were nothing like the rest of the series. I don't think they are bad, they just aren't as good as the others. Mega Man 2 is actually the best Mega Man game. It defined the Mega Man series rather than defying it.
    I agree. Most people that hate Zelda 2 hate it because of the Zelda name.The public was just expecting a game much more like the first one. If it weren't a Zelda game then It would probably be much more popular.
  • I agree. Most people that hate Zelda 2 hate it because of the Zelda name.The public was just expecting a game much more like the first one. If it weren't a Zelda game then It would probably be much more popular.
    Well, it isn't a bad game, that's for sure. And yes, if it didn't have a Zelda name, it wouldn't be compared to the other Zelda games which are nothing like it. However, in terms of overall goodness, it's a step or two below the top-tier of games.
  • I agree. Most people that hate Zelda 2 hate it because of the Zelda name.The public was just expecting a game much more like the first one. If it weren't a Zelda game then It would probably be much more popular.
    Well, it isn't a bad game, that's for sure. And yes, if it didn't have a Zelda name, it wouldn't be compared to the other Zelda games which are nothing like it. However, in terms of overall goodness, it's a step or two below the top-tier of games.
    I know is isn't top-tier, I just meant that it wouldn't have gotten as much hatred if it weren't Zelda. It's like ordering a steak and getting a burger. The burger might be good, but you wanted the steak.
  • Yoshi's Cookie! I only got that game because it was the cheapest game at the store and my parents had just dropped $100 or whatever it was for my original brick of a gameboy. xD Totally worth it for a measly $20! Oh, inflation, look at what you have wrought. Nowadays a DS is more like $200 and most games are at least $50. Shmans.
  • I know is isn't top-tier, I just meant that it wouldn't have gotten as much hatred if it weren't Zelda. It's like ordering a steak and getting a burger. The burger might be good, but you wanted the steak.
    I think this is the reason Mega Man Legends has a negative reputation among many Mega Man fans. It was just a different kind of game than what was expected and desired at the time, but it's good in its own right. Interestingly enough it's more like Zelda than Mega Man.
  • Simon's Quest sort of holds up!