This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

One artist.

2»

Comments

• Why disturbed? are people over there really that stiff? whats wrong with a dildo? I find it actually really cool
    Don't forget, and this is the funniest part imho, Kage is our resident lesbian. XD

Anyway, awesome artists here, I have nobody in particular.
  • I have a sister who is an artist....
  • Kage is our resident lesbian. XD
    Sweet! *dances happily* Although I'm the resident lesbian for a lot of places...
  • @ Deviantart: alexds1, eatfun, missmonster, fayrenpickpocket, deadbear, emla, joy-ang, questionstar +more

Other names to google: Jen Wang, Vera Brosgol, Clio Chiang, Dylan Meconis (haha, basically the whole pantspress crew - just look up pantspress maybe), Dave McKean, James Gurney, Jaime Jones, Kekai Kotaki, Paul Kidby + more still

And of course ultra famous dudes like Alphonse Mucha, Leonardo Da Vinci, Michaelangelo... @_@

So many awesome artists abound! <3
  • And of course ultra famous dudes like Alphonse Mucha, Leonardo Da Vinci, Michaelangelo... @_@
    Raphael, Donatello, TMNT. *puts up theme music*

Oooh, I have an artist, some Dutch guy who makes wind animals. Machines made of wood that walk by windpower on the beach, with a few dozen legs. Anyone remembers the guy's name?
  • Oooh, I have an artist, some Dutch guy who makes wind animals. Machines made of wood that walk by windpower on the beach, with a few dozen legs. Anyone remembers the guy's name?
    Theo Jansen link to TED talk
  • Oooh, I have an artist, some Dutch guy who makes wind animals. Machines made of wood that walk by windpower on the beach, with a few dozen legs. Anyone remembers the guy's name?
    Theo Jansenlink to TED talk
    That one yes, I remembered that he appeared at TED, but didn't bother searching for the vid. New anime more interesting.
  • Round 2!

Claire Wendling
    A French illustrator and comic artist who's equally amazing in a bewildering array of styles -- from Frazettaesque ink work, to slick, fashion-influenced illustration, to Disneyesque character design, to that weird hyper-stylized vectory stuff, like Powerpuff Girls on crack.
    I bought a nice big artbook of hers at Comic-Con, and when I look at it, sometimes it makes me absolutely need to draw, and sometimes it makes me want to quit.
    imageimageimage
  • I love Wendling's stuff. One of my animation friends introduced me to the artist. Pretty cool.
  • Just discovered Thomas Shahan. Wow! I love 13th, 14th century wood cutting and the whole macabre/medieval aesthetic.

Some of his other work as well.

• @Andrew

I really like the last picture you posted of the man with the rifle, is this common of his work or is it a stand out piece?
  • Steve Locke. (Fair warning: there's a NSFW image on the "drawings" page, though the home page is fine.)

His Spectators postal mail art is among the most amazing political art I've ever seen.

Steve's also one of my dearest friends. As in, the kind of friend who'll help you shop for your "going away outfit" when you're getting married, and visit you in the ER when you think you're having a heart attack.