This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The ultimate sandwich

2»

Comments

• I forgot about my after thanksgiving sandwich. I love it! Carved turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce (the non jello kind is preferred) and some gravy between two potato hamburger buns. Yum!
  • My favorite would have to be a BLT in a Tomato/Basil wrap with chipotle dressing. They sell them in the food court at college and man they are great. It's my favorite though so I think this for me anyway would have to be a bias answer.
  • You all could try my Family's special breakfast of champion!

It is simple, take 2 slices of white bread and toast them until they are brown, then take 2 slices of bacon freshly cooked and crisp and drain the grease of them. Once the toast is done, spread it with Peanut Butter, creamy is best, but crunchy is ok too. Break bacon in half and layer it on on side of bread, place the other side of bread on top and enjoy. Make sure you have a glass of whole milk with you to wash it down.

Now who wants some?
  • Peanut butter and bacon is actually really really tasty.

So is fried bologna.
    I am disgusted and oddly intrigued.

So is fried bologna.
    So says the person who got deep fried pizza for the crew.
    I am disgusted and oddly intrigued.
    That is the normal reaction, my family forces you to try it when you are on a family vacation, it is like a bizarre right of passage. However I do agree it is good, however I eat it once in a blue moon, not everyday.
  • WIth a sandwhich it's more important how high quality the ingredients are, and not so much what ingredients you choose. If you have awesome fresh bread made from scratch, it doesn't really matter what type it is.
    Rym knows all too well about that fact since he got food poisoning by eating a rotten sandwich.
  • edited April 2008
    Peanut butter and bacon is actually really really tasty.

So is fried bologna.

They both most certainly are delicious. You don't so much taste the bacon with the peanut butter. I find it actually makes the Peanut Butter taste much more smoky and salty. It just adds a whole new layer of depth to the taste.

As for fried bologna, it really is delicious. You have to make sure you make 4 small slices, one each at 3, 6, 9 and 12 o'clock on the round meat, sort of making it look like an Iron Cross, otherwise it curls all up. Also you want to make sure you brown it a bit when you cook it, that's where the great flavor comes from.
    Post edited by edifolco25 on
  • I'm definitely with Ro on the Vietnamese sandwich. I really love the picked carrots and daikon in it.

I'm also quite partial to liverwurst with whole grain bread.
  • I just made the BLT + egg on the video with some left over bread I made yesterday, it is AMAZING, the runny egg really adds a lot to the game.
  • I have a little bakery that has different bread that they bake each day of the week, with specials each month. I went in on Saturday and the manager had baked a new bread to show the customers; a sourdough rye. Being a fan of both sourdough and rye breads, I tasted a sample and then bought a loaf. So far it has worked well for three uses.
    1. Toasted with a fried egg sandwich (bit of mustard for tang)
    2. Spoonful of Garlic mixture on top
    3. Toasted with garlic mixture and meatloaf sandwich
    I also bought a loaf of their "cinnamon burst" bread. Basically a very sweet cinnamon-sugary bread. I love to make PB&J, PB&Nutella, and PB&N&Banana sandwiches with it.
  • PB&J;, PB&Nutella;, and PB&N;&Banana; sandwiches with it.
    Nutella = bargle. Same goes for fluff, ovaltine, vegemite, etc.
  • edited April 2008
    I got a taste for Nutella after my month-long school exchange/vacation to Germany back in high school. I would have it every day on a hard roll for breakfast. By 'hard roll' I mean that I had to tear the crust with each bite. It was like a mouth workout.
    Another sandwich from that trip: "Hawaii Toast" An open-face sandwich consisting of Canadian bacon, a pineapple ring and cheese, then toast.
    Post edited by ColdfireSerge on