This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What elemental bender would you be? (not a quiz)

Comments

• hmm... according to 2 independent online quizzes (the topic made me curious) I am an earth bender and not a fire bender.
    It's the skill of the "elemental" bender that matters (take that stupid Bender jokes). It's true that water and fire cancel each other out, but sometimes a bender's power can overwhelm a bender of the opposite affinity
  • Anybody realize that each of the elements have a secondary EXCEPT air.
    Water leads to Ice and Blood
    Fire leads to Lightning
    Earth leads to Metal.

Air should lead to...air conditioning.
    That must be why they were wiped out so easily.
  • Water bending would be awesome because, assuming bloodbending is what it sounds like, I could effectively be Legato Bluesummers.
    On a less evil note, Air bending would also be great, if only to be able to fly.
  • edited April 2008
    Anybody realize that each of the elements have a secondary EXCEPT air.
    How about Air Bending leads to breath? What do you do when the Air Bender ten feet away sucks all of the air out of your body or expands the air inside your lungs? I would imagine that a skilled Air Bender could drop sonic attacks.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
    How about Air Bending leads to breath? What do you do when the Air Bender ten feet away sucks all of the air out of your body or expands the air inside your lungs? I would imagine that a skilled Air Bender could drop sonic attacks.
    A powerful Air Bender could have the ability to create an almost total vacuum. I would like to see someone survive the semi-explosive decompression that would cause .
    A powerful Air Bender could have the ability to create an almost total vacuum. I would like to see someone survive the semi-explosive decompression that would cause .
    Or... y'know... the lack of breathable air.
  • The decompression would kill you first.
  • The decompression would kill you first.
    It depends on the circumstances. If one tries to hold one's breath, one's lungs would rupture, causing instant death, but otherwise one can survive about 5 or 6 seconds after having been rapidly exposed to a vacuum. Being exposed to a vacuum after having been in a highly pressurized environment, however, would be much, much more explosive.
  • A powerful Air Bender could have the ability to create an almost total vacuum. I would like to see someone survive the semi-explosive decompression that would cause .
    How will this defend against robots?!
  • A powerful Air Bender could have the ability to create an almost total vacuum. I would like to see someone survive the semi-explosive decompression that would cause .
    Blow them off a cliff? Into a wall? Repeatedly. Just be creative.
  • Blow them off a cliff? Into a wall? Repeatedly. Just be creative.
    Have you seen the episode "The Northern Air Temple"? That didn't work too well.
  • Blow them off a cliff? Into a wall? Repeatedly. Just be creative.
    Have you seen the episode "The Northern Air Temple"? That didn't work too well.
    I did not. I have barely seen anything from Avatar. It was on TV, saw a few episodes here and there, saw all the bending styles in action. And why wouldn't it work? As long as the person preforming the act is a strong enough bender why not be able to push and shove and fly a few hundred kg through the air?
  • Eh, true. If they're strong enough to have the power of a tornado, they should be able to.
    Assuming the pressure inside the robot is constant, if the pressure drops sharply, the system tends to move towards equilibrium. Thus, to equalize the pressure, the inside of the robot must lose pressure sharply as well, causing it to rupture, and probably explode or stop functioning.
  • I wonder if I would even use the powers.
    It's surprising that the water tribes aren't attacked for their healing powers. Hell even taken as slaves and forced to heal the fire nation.
    I mean if you had the REAL power to heal people, not the "Praise Jesus, Laying of hands on your forehead and pushing type", you would become so popular your life would be a total mess. You would be constantly moving from place to place, being attacked psychically/socially for not helping certain people, for you can;t get to everyone.
    This then would lead to war on who keeps you/gets your healing... while others may even take the approach of, "If we can't have you, no one can." And Poof life became worse for not only you, but billions of people.
    Life would be crazy difficult for anyone with super powers... and me, I dunno if I could handle that kind of shit... though doing nothing isn't an option either, is it?
  • I wonder if I would even use the powers.
    It's surprising that the water tribes aren't attacked for their healing powers. Hell even taken as slaves and forced to heal the fire nation.
    I mean if you had the REAL power to heal people, not the "Praise Jesus, Laying of hands on your forehead and pushing type", you would become so popular your life would be a total mess. You would be constantly moving from place to place, being attacked psychically/socially for not helping certain people, for you can;t get to everyone.
    This then would lead to war on who keeps you/gets your healing... while others may even take the approach of, "If we can't have you, no one can." And Poof life became worse for not only you, but billions of people.
    Life would be crazy difficult for anyone with super powers... and me, I dunno if I could handle that kind of shit... though doing nothing isn't an option either, is it?
    Just sit back, relax and chant, "it's just a cartoon" over and over again.
  • edited April 2008
    I beg to differ dear sir, clearly my post shows that Avatar has greatly surpassed a cartoon and has in fact influenced my life for the better. Not only has Ang saved the essence of my well being, but he has shown me what it is like to feel. If Avatar had not spread it's magic throughout the world, my feelings, my soul, and my life would be a sham and a joke. Avatar is not a cartoon, but a relic that time itself can not diminish.

Ptsshh shows how much you know Mr. HMTKSteve, if that is in fact your real name.
    Post edited by Mosquitoboy on
  • ack, relax and chant, "it's just a cartoon" over and over aga
    Now if you're wondering how the characters eat and breathe and other science facts. Just sit down and repeat to yourself that it's just a show, and you really should just relax.
  • Earthbending!

A tactic I've not seen explored in Avatar is burrowing Earthbenders. I mean there was one guy who burrowed around but he was so lame, just throwing rocks at people. General Fong had the right idea, when it came to dragging people under.

Also bloodbending is a full moon effect - You can't assume you can do it all the time. That's overkill.
  • A tactic I've not seen explored in Avatar is burrowing Earthbenders. I mean there was one guy who burrowed around but he was so lame, just throwing rocks at people. General Fong had the right idea, when it came to dragging people under.
    You should call youself the underminer.
  • I would prefer to be an Airbender. Mostly because since I was young, I have always wanted to have the ability to fly.
  • If I were a bender... I'd have to say I would be a Firebender.
    The reasons being :
    1. You make Fire, and
    2. You have awesome technologies like tanks and airships.
  • Can I bend Physics?

Cause I'd totally change to the speed of light to 1 mph and watch the chaos ensue.
  • Can I bend Physics?

Cause I'd totally change to the speed of light to 1 mph and watch the chaos ensue.
    While it doesn't technically fit into the canon, you can't do that. But if you are looking at the Avatar in the realm of fanfiction, than anything is possible.
  • Can I bend Physics?

While it doesn'ttechnicallyfit into the canon, you can't do that. But if you are looking at the Avatar in the realm of fanfiction, than anything is possible.
    I haven't seen Avatar yet so I didn't really know what would fly. :P
  • Can I bend Physics?

While it doesn'ttechnicallyfit into the canon, you can't do that. But if you are looking at the Avatar in the realm of fanfiction, than anything is possible.
    If you wanna watch the Avatar episodes for free (with literally no strings attached, no downloading, no hidden scams, and no paying money for anything) go here. This goes for everyone else as well.
  • If you wanna watch the Avatar episodes for free (with literally no strings attached, no downloading, no hidden scams, and no paying money for anything) gohere. This goes for everyone else as well.
    That's the second thread you've linked to this in. tsk tsk.
    As I said in the other thread, I'd think most people stick with torrents, although they can be slow.
  • edited April 2008
    Can I bend Physics?

If you wanna watch the Avatar episodes for free (with literally no strings attached, no downloading, no hidden scams, and no paying money for anything) gohere. This goes for everyone else as well.
    Many thanks kind sir/madam, I've been meaning to check this out, heard good things.
    If you wanna watch the Avatar episodes for free (with literally no strings attached, no downloading, no hidden scams, and no paying money for anything) gohere. This goes for everyone else as well.
    That's the second thread you've linked to this in. tsk tsk.
    As I said in the other thread, I'd think most people stick with torrents, although they can be slow.
    Torrents for materials copyrighted in my country (USA) are illegal and I try to stay away from them.
    Post edited by George Patches on