This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Iron Man - the movie

124»

Comments

• edited May 2008
    I saw the film this last weekend with my family (my mother wanted to go to the movies for mothers' day and there was nothing really up her alley, so she picked Iron Man because of RD, Jr.). It was okay, but I really don't see what the fuss is about.

BTW, you know how I know you are NOT gay? Because gays have a good sense of humor. This gag is old, let it die.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I finally seen it last night and it lived up to all the hype I've been hearing from people. Epic.
  • BTW, you know how I know you are NOT gay? Because gays have a good sense of humor. This gag is old, let it die.
    This is the first post you have written that I do not agree with. That joke is classic. It will always be funny. It will never die.
  • BTW, you know how I know you are NOT gay? Because gays have a good sense of humor. This gag is old, let it die.
    This is the first post you have written that I do not agree with. That joke is classic. It will always be funny. It will never die.
    Sorry, I am really sensitive on the "being gay is a funn/wierd thing" lately.
  • edited May 2008
    BTW, you know how I know you are NOT gay? Because gays have a good sense of humor. This gag is old, let it die.
    Sorry, I am really sensitive on the "being gay is a funn/wierd thing" lately.
    I have carefully considered it, and I can see no ill will that would arise from this specific joke. I think this specific joke is pretty funny, and yet I bear no ill will towards anyone for their sexual orientation. I think it is funny in the way that lots of other jokes about sex are funny. Sex is a gold mine for the funny, and that's the way I see this joke - not as a "being gay is funny/weird thing" way, but in a more general "sex is funny" way.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • edited May 2008
    I have carefully considered it, and I can see no ill will that would arise from this specific joke. I think this specific joke is pretty funny, and yet I bear no ill will towards anyone for their sexual orientation. I think it is funny in the way that lots of other jokes about sex are funny, without appealing to ill will in any manner.
    You are absolutely right, I just lost my sense of humor for a day or two. My bad, not yours.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited May 2008
    You are absolutely right, I just lost my sense of humor for a day or two. My bad, not yours.
    No, you're cool. People have different senses of humor. My wife hates the Three Stooges, but we find other things we can laugh about, like the way McSame acts like he thinks he has a chance of winning in November.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • You are absolutely right, I just lost my sense of humor for a day or two. My bad, not yours.
    No, you're cool. People have different senses of humor. My wife hates the Three Stooges, but we find other things we can laugh about, like the way McSame acts like he thinks he has a chance of winning in November.
    Yeah, that one is pretty funny. The real funny part is that he thinks the media likes him! That one always cracks me up...