This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Abstinence Pants

edited June 2008 in News
Would these persuade you at all? Notice the bit about "doing her chores". Does Kmart think they're selling pants to Laura Ingalls?

Comments

• In my experience, the girls most likely to need abstinence aren't shopping at Kmart. They're shopping at Abercrombie or Hollister.
  • edited June 2008
    Feh, all too easy. I'll just take love out of the equation. Problem solved!
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • One Feministing commenter adds, “Because nothing says ‘I plan not to have sex until marriage’ like plastering text across your ass.”
    Best line in the entire article.
  • I'd love to see Scrym in a pair. :P
  • Why? It's already too late.
  • How about a pair of involved parents? I think those would work better than these pants.
  • How about a pair of involved parents? I think those would work better than these pants.
    Please, those will never sell!
  • edited June 2008
    Those guys are a few centuries to late.
    And don't ask what I waded through in google image search because I used that before I checked wikipedia.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Oh please...
  • Those guys are a few centuries to late.
    And don't ask what I waded through in google image search because I used that before I checked wikipedia.
    Reminds me of Teeth.
  • Reminds me of Teeth.
    Wicked City?
  • Reminds me of Teeth.
    Wicked City?
    I thought the anime with teeth sticking out of a vag was Apocalypse Zero?
  • [Insert Robin Hood: Men in Tights reference here]
  • I would think abstinence pants would be pants that you couldn't take off. Sort of like how its kinda hard for (some) guys to unhook bras.
  • *cough* I think sweatpants are ugly as all hell get out. Maybe that's why they'll be abstinent? ..No, wait, I'd screw a chick even if she only wore sweatpants - as long as she was cute otherwise...
  • Those pants, on a horribly unappealing man, would be very hilarious.
  • edited June 2008
    *cough* I think sweatpants are ugly as all hell get out. Maybe that's why they'll be abstinent? ..No, wait, I'd screw a chick even if she only wore sweatpants - as long as she was cute otherwise...
    That way a kid could tell her parents that she was abstinent . . . with the opposite sex.
    Those pants, on a horribly unappealing man, would be very hilarious.
    Yes they would. We should buy a pair for Steve.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Ha. Ha ha ha ha, ha. And furthermore, HAH.
  • I think these pants are just as stupid as pants and shirts that say things like "Juicy", "Easy", "Slutty", "Too Hot", etc. Stop advertising your sexual choices. No one cares except you and your partners. Also, women are more than their hymens and their sexuality, and I am disgusted with my own gender when they reduce themselves to the sum of ONE part.
  • Why would they try to distance themselves from the concept of abstinence? The problem isn't that Kmart is promoting a social ideal, it's that the pants are tacky as hell.
  • Kmart is against abstinence!
  • The problem isn't that Kmart is promoting a social ideal, it's that the pants are tacky as hell.
    All pants are tacky as hell. In the name of taste, I renounce pants! Pantsless is the new pants.
  • Allpants are tacky as hell. In the name of taste, I renounce pants!Pantsless is the new pants.
    As much as I love this idea, what happens if our legs get cold? :P
  • Allpants are tacky as hell. In the name of taste, I renounce pants!Pantsless is the new pants.
    Kilts and skirts!
  • I think someone on my forums said something pretty funny that deserves to be added here:
    The gray pair is pretty slutty though. The irony hurts me :(
    Kilts and skirts!
    Those things can be pretty expensive.
    That would be an hilarious trend.
    Kilts and skirts!
    Those things can bepretty expensive.
    So can pants. Have you ever heard of the $300 to $500 jeans that are so popular the past 6 years?
  • edited June 2008
    Allpants are tacky as hell. In the name of taste, I renounce pants!Pantsless is the new pants.
    Kilts and skirts!
    Those things can bepretty expensive.
    So can pants. Have you ever heard of the $300 to $500 jeans that are so popular the past 6 years?
    Besides, there will be mass production pretty much everywhere if this would catch on.
    Post edited by Anastius on