This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Abstinence Pants

2»

Comments

• The problem isn't that Kmart is promoting a social ideal, it's that the pants are tacky as hell.
    Allpants are tacky as hell. In the name of taste, I renounce pants!Pantsless is the new pants.
    That'd be awesome (I hate pants) but.. dude? Winter would kill us. I dunno how bad it is for you guys, but at certain temperatures, if you have a cheek showing, it'll get frostbite if you stay out for longer than a half an hour.
  • We would just de-evolve a bit and grow more leg hair.
  • edited June 2008
    de-evolve
    Generally speaking, there is no such thing. You could perhaps apply the term to vestigiation.
    However, growing more hair again would certainly NOT count as "de-evolution".

Perhaps your incorrect language stems from the incorrect view that modern-day humanity is somehow the "pinnacle" of evolution?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • de-evolve
    Generally speaking, there is no such thing. You could perhaps apply the term to vestigiation.
    However, growing more hair again would certainly NOT count as "de-evolution".

Perhaps your incorrect language stems from the incorrect view that modern-day humanity is somehow the "pinnacle" of evolution?
    Or maybe it stems from a love of Devo? Hope springs eternal...
  • I was attempting to be silly, because this thread is also quite silly. Thanks.
  • The thread was dying anyway, so criticising someone seemed like the right plan.
    Perhaps it was?
  • Then ...yes. I do believe that we are at the "pinnacle" of evolution. People like this prove it.
  • I'm not so opposed to eugenics anymore.
  • jccjcc
    edited June 2008
    Then ...yes. I do believe that we are at the "pinnacle" of evolution. People like this prove it.
    Why's she hassling that old lady? o_O Ohhh, OK.
    Post edited by jcc on
  • That was frightening.
  • Ohhh,OK.
    What do people here think? Was that a symptom of mental illness? Or are heading to the point where we're willing to label incivility as mental illness?
  • "She's doing very well. She's obviously extremely embarrassed about the fact that this video was so widely seen by so many people. But I think it's also kind of become a stimulus for her to take a little more responsibility in her life," Gage said.
    It's funny, but I think the embarassment is probably a sign that she is actually mentally ill.
  • Hmm... She was embarrassed that everyone saw it on video, but not that she did it.
  • Oh my....

I see people like that on a daily basis. I usually move to the next train car.
  • Meh, I live in the 'burbs so I never see anything that exciting.
  • Meh, I live in the 'burbs so I never see anything that exciting.
    That's not exciting. It's annoying.