This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How to get rid of smoke

2»

Comments

• Yeah but now my whole house smells like Fabreeze and is about 100 degrees Fahrenheit, so my mom is going to be suspicious.
  • Yeah but now my whole house smells like Fabreeze and is about 100 degrees Fahrenheit, so my mom is going to be suspicious.
    What would be funny, not for you, is if she thought you're trying to hide the Mary J. type smoke. Well let's hope they won't be too suspicious. If anything you can say you dropped a big deuce that stunk up the house. :P
  • What I always did when having done something dumb is, clean up the mess and then just tell my parents what happened.
    What would be funny, not for you, is if she thought you're trying to hide the Mary J. type smoke. Well let's hope they won't be too suspicious. If anything you can say you dropped a big deuce that stunk up the house. :P
    Great minds think alike. I already got my toilet plugged with a giant load in it.
  • Great minds think alike. I already got my toilet plugged with a giant load in it.
    Oh good god, you didn't need to go that far. However, it made me lol.
  • This thread is great!

It brings to mind when an old colleague of mine was recording an album with a singer. He was producing as well as playing bass. He borrowed an upright bass from a friend as he wanted a really good sound. This bass was really expensive too. One afternoon he walked into the studio and the singer had knocked it over and it had broken in two at the neck.

What to do? Well, he took it to another friend who repaired guitars and asked him to work on it. It cost a few hundred quid but the fix was seamless. When the upright bass was returned to its owner a week later my friend Chris said "I have something to tell you..." but by then the owner had opened the case so he didn't finish what he was going to say.

The owner played it for a few seconds and asked "What did you do to my bass... it sounds amazing!"

So Chris told him the full story. It turned out that the repair job gave the bass a much better sound than it ever had before. The owner was happy and Chris got away with it. And so did the singer.

What lessons to be learned here?
    1. Even if an accident isn't your fault, it might be your responsibility.
    2. Even if it isn't your fault or responsibility, you might be the best person to solve the problem.
    3. If you do a good enough job solving the problem things could turn out better than before.
    4. Being honest and sorry help, but they really only count if you are going to put in some real effort to fixing things too.

So Eric, own up to your mistake and offer to redecorate the bathroom in some way to make up for it. That should do it!

• Great minds think alike. I already got my toilet plugged with a giant load in it.
    Wow. Epic load. *high five*
  • Smoke bomb != Fireworks. Smoke bombs are a LOT safer. Though messy...

Also, as a tip, next time something like this happens- throw it out a window. For just being a smoke bomb, that wouldn't be that big of a deal, really.
    Technically smoke bombs are fireworks. A fairly safe firework, but a firework nonetheless. Just look it up on wikipedia.
  • Haha, reading this thread and looking at the time stamps had me on the edge of my seat.
  • Well neither of my parents noticed, and you can't even tell it happened. Thanks to whomever suggested the magic eraser, that saved my ass.
  • You should have taken epic before and after pics.
  • edited June 2008
    Great minds think alike. I already got my toilet plugged with a giant load in it.
    ...but fools seldom differ

Good job though I do find honesty to work quite well unless you're already in a lot of heat.
    Post edited by Magnum_Opus on
  • I think my parents would just laugh at me if I did that. At least you weren't smoking cigarettes, and it was an accident.
  • This will probably derail the thread, but it reminded me of a funny army story my dad told me.

When he was a private he was pulling guard duty one night. This consisted of him sitting behind a desk for eight hours so naturally one would get bored and find ways to occupy time. My father had the bright idea to take the magazine out of the pistol he was issued, remove the chambered round, insert a pencil down the barrel, pull back the hammer and shoot the pencil at a nearby wastebasket. He had been doing this for a while when a sergeant walked by and saw what he was doing. The sergeant admire my dad's creativity and decided to give the game a shot (no pun intended). The sergeant removed his pistol's magazine, inserted a pencil into the gun, cocked it and then aimed at the wastebasket. Unfortunately he had forgotten to remove the chambered round and put a nice .45 caliber hole in the wall, whilst scaring the crap out of everyone in the building.
  • No, it's pretty much over. My parents didn't notice and they are both gone until Wednesday. I'm in the clear.( Hilarious story by the way)
  • You know what would be hilarious?
    If your parents read this thread ;)
  • If your parents read this thread ;)
    If I was a parent and my kid did something like this and managed to clean it up without me noticing, I don't think I could possibly bring myself to punish them. Obviously they went to a lot of trouble to fix it and no permanent harm was done. It would just be absolutely hilarious.
  • edited June 2008
    My parents didn't notice and they are both gone until Wednesday.
    If your parents read this thread ;)
    If I was his parent, and read this thread, I would post something here to keep him scared shitless until Wednesday.
    I wouldn't actually do anything on Wednesday, that would be enough ;)
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited June 2008
    If I was the parent, I'd just ask them a simple question. Did you learn why it's a bad idea to light fireworks inside the house? Once is learning, twice is stupidity. I'd prefer my offspring not to be, err, red shirt stupid. :) Without knowing what kind of smoke bomb it was, it could have been benign. It could have also been the spark spitting fire causing kind...
    Post edited by RedShirt on
  • If I was a parent and my kid did something like this and managed to clean it up without me noticing, I don't think I could possibly bring myself to punish them. Obviously they went to a lot of trouble to fix it and no permanent harm was done. It would just be absolutely hilarious.
    My personal anectdote that backs it up. ^_~
  • I probably just laugh at my future kid if he did anything like this. I think it can be summed up in one word.image