This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Spore Creature Creator Demo

edited June 2008 in Video Games
Looks like it has been leaked a few days ahead of schedule.

Here's my first creation. I call him Beary.

Comments

• I'm too scared to download it, but I really want to make a penis monster. >:U
  • I'm too scared to download it, but I really want to make a penis monster. >:U
    That's kind of childish, isn't it? Anyway, here's my latest creation (haven't thought up a name yet - any suggestions?):

• I Thought of a few names-
    -penisaur
    -the wankinator
    -Richard
  • edited June 2008
    Post edited by Jason on
  • edited June 2008
    What is up with the incredibly shady download site?

Try this one instead.

FileFront
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Has anyone gotten it to run under WINE?
  • Here are front and back shots of my first creation. Click to see larger versions.
    The front and back shots are very important with my creation, as you can tell. Instead of making a normal mouth of some sort, I made his entire body a mouth. From the front he's a relatively humanoid creature. From behind, he's a nasty insectoid! He'll catch prey with the two mandibles, then grind them up in his "mouth" of spikes. There are also little eye-stalks in the back. It's like two creatures in one.

• So, is Spore going to be the new Civ?
  • How come you didn't post any videos of the creatures fighting?
  • edited June 2008
    The idea behind my Creature, Micleksa, is that he evolved to hunt animals that lived in tall trees. He uses his upper, more power, arms to shake trees and cause animals to fall to the ground which he then quickly kills with his claws on his lower arms. He has an array of spikes on his back to prevent predators from chomping down on his frail body as well as a bright color scheme to warn them away.

Post edited by Andrew on
  • Megaupload link is gone.
  • edited June 2008
    Look at Scott's post for alternate link.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Are you guys uploading vids using the in-game option, or doing it by hand?
  • Are you guys uploading vids using the in-game option, or doing it by hand?
    You have to do it by hand now because the Sporepedia servers aren't up yet.
  • Wow, I was very "ify" about this game, but I can't believe how much fun I've been having with just this part of the game, I can't wait for the rest now.

• I can't wait to make a Pokemon planet.
  • edited June 2008
    I can't wait to make a Pokemon planet.

This are not mine BTW.
    Post edited by Double Z on
  • I shat bricks.
  • Does anyone know if there is going to be a friends functionality for the Sporepedia? Also, when you are at the main screen of the Creature Creator, click on the background galaxy and give it a quick spin; there is a surprise waiting for you...
  • Meet Jawesome. It's a tropical jungle predator.

• edited June 2008
    Isn't the full version of the Creature Creator coming out tonight for the low, low price of $10? I know part of it was leaked, but I thought it was a more incomplete version of it.
    Post edited by Infinity on
  • Isn't the full version of the Creature Creator coming out tonight for the low, low price of $10? I know part of it was leaked, but I thought it was a more incomplete version of it.
    They are releasing two products. First is the full creature creator with all of the body parts for $10 and a demo version that's free but only has 1/4 the parts. This is the demo version that leaked early.

Also, the Creature Creator was delayed until tomorrow.
  • What's the trade off of purchasing the full creature creator right now? Will you get a discount on the full game when it does come out?
  • edited June 2008
    What's the trade off of purchasing the full creature creator right now? Will you get a discount on the full game when it does come out?
    Nope. You are essentially paying money to play part of the game early. However, creatures created may be chosen from Sporepedia and included in the retail box
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Also, the Creature Creator was delayed until tomorrow.
    They don't want to compete with Firefox. It would kill the Internets.

Also, is the creature creator going to be in the final game? I mean, surely there will be creatures in the final game, but I didn't think you were going to be creating them manually like that.
  • edited June 2008
    Also, is the creature creator going to be in the final game? I mean, surely there will be creatures in the final game, but I didn't think you were going to be creating them manually like that.
    Yes, it will be. When you look at the main creation screen you will notice several bars on the top right. Those are you creatures abilities and strengths. Also, when you hover over body parts you will notice numbers. These numbers are the DNA points costs for specific body parts. When you first start the creature phase you will not have that many DNA points. You must hunt and gather food in order to gain more DNA points. Whenever you find a mate and make babies (giggidy), you will be taken to the creature creator where you can spend DNA points to upgrade and evolve your creature. When the baby hatches, you will control your new offspring who has better abilities and different body parts. After successive generations you will have evolved your creature to the point where you can start the tribal phase.

The cellullar phase also works in a similar manner.

With the Demo they are just giving you unlimited DNA points in order to allow people to mess around however they want.
    Post edited by Andrew on