This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Awesome Shirts

2»

Comments

• I was looking at Threadless for a bit thinking about buying some new t-shirts, then I ended up at TopatoCo and some other sites, the amount of geek shirts you can buy is to a crazy level that I haven't bought any T-shirts because I think there is one that is more awesome somewhere else and cheaper... oh information overload...
    The strategy is to not look at the shirts first. Look in your mind first.

What kind of geekery are you feeling lately? Are you feeling some retro video games? Are you feeling some new animes? Are you feeling some sci-fi? Then narrow it down to something more specific. Maybe you decide you want something humorous and Lord of the Rings related. Alright, that's narrow enough that you can find the 5-10 shirts in that category, and picking the best one and finding it at the lowest price will be pretty easy.

Also, in addition to Topatoco and Threadless you might want to try Stylin' Online or Busted Tees. Threadless has hip original arts you can't get elsewhere. Topatoco is all the web comic peoples and Joco and others in our geekery. Stylin' Online has all the maintream non-indy geekery. Busted Tees is CollegeHumor. Also, Penny Arcade, many musical acts, and others sell their own merch, so you have to go direct to the source sometimes.
  • The strategy is to not look at the shirts first. Look in your mind first.
    Yea, unfortunately I started with the shirt and you know me well enough to know that my breadth of geekery (not necessarily depth) makes this a hard choice.
  • Because Ro mentioned in another thread that she loves cute animal shirts:

http://sircritter.com/

Nothing but silhouettes of animals, wearing top hats, monocles, and canes.

Also, one of the girls from NerdNYC is a t-shirt designer, and has her own little shop, which she describes as "where cute, little creatures find a home on your chest".
    http://jungshirts.spreadshirt.com/shop/designs
    Admittedly her best stuff is on Threadless, Teefury, and Woot, but her personal site has some good ones that never got picked up by the big boys.
  • That is the classiest bacteriophage I have ever seen. I am sorely tempted to buy it.
  • edited October 2010
    Was it Scott that liked the boo a lot? if so, you might want to check this one out, its just for today and it's only $9 + shipping:
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Was it Scott that liked the boo a lot? if so,yo might want to check this one out, its just for today and it's only $9 + shipping:
    I like the boo, but that shirt is way too high school kid styling.
  • I like the boo, but that shirt is way too high school kid styling.
    It reeks of what a 14 year old wears hanging out at the Gamestop in the mall.

Not that kids are allowed to hang out in malls anymore.
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2010
    This is far more superior

Link to shirt

Hey Scott, whatever happened to that Boo Purse I got you last Christmas?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Hey Scott, whatever happened to that Boo Purse I got you last Christmas?
    It's full of quarters for laundry.
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2010
    Hey Scott, whatever happened to that Boo Purse I got you last Christmas?
    It'sfull of quarters for laundry.
    Sweet! Glad it is of some use to you.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Hey Scott, whatever happened to that Boo Purse I got you last Christmas?
    It's full of quarters for laundry.
    More importantly, does it match your shoes when you do laundry?
  • Fangamer strikes again with yet another hit!
  • So, one of my newer clients is shirts.io, and I'm building some front-end apps to connect with that service. If anyone wants to print some shirts, I can help out with it.

/shamelessplug
  • edited June 2013
    Another good one from teefury. Not exactly digging the art style though. Not sure on this one.image
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • I wish I didn't already have a Totoro shirt so I could get this. image
  • But you'll have 2x the Totoro. There is never anything wrong with having more Totoro in your life.
  • edited October 2013
    I've wanted this shirt for three years now thats by the infamous gross out manga author, Shintaro Kago, that was limited edition and $50 dollars when released that I wished I bought because the graphic on it is just mind blowing: http://www.samehat.com/2010/06/beams-releases-shintaro-kago-t-shirt.html
    Post edited by Fundefined on
  • Im thinking to getting the princess yummy chan tee shirt from penny arcade when wages clear. http://store.penny-arcade.com/products/yummy-chan-tee