This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Presenting...The First T-Shirt

edited June 2008 in Art!
Okay, comrades. Here is the design for the first T-shirt. I finally got around to finishing it up, putting the final touches on it.
In Soviet Russia, T-shirt wears you!
How it would look on an American Apparel model or you.
So artists, ready your styluses and mark this baby up. Critique away before it goes to the printer's.

Comments

• Hot damn, that's awesome.
  • Thank You.
  • Want to buy now. Great job gomidog.
  • Out of curiosity, is the red in the flag and action lines from the shirt or is will it be red ink? I was counting the number of colors in the print and didn't know whether to include it. Even so, it will only go from three colors to four. From what I can recall, four color printing is fairly standard.
  • edited June 2008
    is the red in the flag and action lines from the shirt or is will it be red ink?
    3 color - The red is T-shirt.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Wow. That microphone fist is perfect. (This is the first time I've seen the finished design).
  • Also, this will be a poster and sticker in addition to being a T-Shirt.
  • That is teh awesomes.
    I was born in Russia, so it's extra-appropriate for me to wear it ;)
  • and sticker
    So going on my next laptop.
  • The question of the moment now is: when will we be able to get this?
  • The question of the moment now is: when will we be able to get this?
    By August, if not sooner.
  • By August, if not sooner.
    Will you have them at PAX? Or will they be for sale on the webs?
  • By August, if not sooner.
    Will you have them at PAX? Or will they be for sale on the webs?
    I don't know what we can bring to PAX because we won't have a table there, and we will be flying. They will definitely be available online and also at conventions we have tables at.
  • Hot shit! That's one freakin awesome design!
  • edited June 2008
    Looks awesome.
    But you should move Rym and Scott to the far left, Rym's trousers are cut.
    Maybe you could straighten the Geeknights writing and have the red rectangles just be parallel to their arms. Have you tried making the overall thing higher? The flag could come from above and their arms could reach out of the artwork.
    The writing underneath is a bit out of place, Scrym doesn't seem to send somebody away, they are just the unquestionable rulers of the Internet. Maybe "get the hell of my Internet" would look better as a back print?
    Post edited by Jain7th on
  • That is an awesome looking design!

I love the microphone in fist design... is it possible to move it from behind Scott's head so it is more visible? Also, maybe retouch his eyes so it seems they are both looking at the same point on the horizon, to me it looks like they are gazing in different directions.
  • But you should move Rym and Scott to the far left, Rym's trousers are cut.
    I don't know what you mean by this. Can you elaborate?
    Maybe you could straighten the Geeknights writing and have the red rectangles just be parallel to their arms.
    I like the way the design has an "upward motion" now. I am, however, not completely satisfied with the Geeknights text. It looks a bit smooshed.
    is it possible to move it from behind Scott's head so it is more visible?
    I tried a bunch of different places and rotations, but this came across the clearest.
    Also, maybe retouch his eyes so it seems they are both looking at the same point on the horizon, to me it looks like they are gazing in different directions.
    Yeah. I've had trouble with this exact thing.
  • edited June 2008
    Gimme gimme gimme now! *tosses monies at you*
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited June 2008
    Looks awesome. About the trouser thing, if you look at Rym's pants, they are cut off vertically on the left side, where his torso and hip meet. I think this might have been done intentionally, but I see what Jain7th means.
    Post edited by Corbin on
  • edited June 2008
    For some reason when I see Scott, I was expecting some stubble. Seeing him all clear shaven reminds me of a certain guy from a boy band. (Sorry, Scott ^^;;)
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I am, however, not completely satisfied with the Geeknights text. It looks a bit smooshed.
    The problem is that there are larger spaces on both sides of the "T" which makes the front half look crunched together.
  • I am, however, not completely satisfied with the Geeknights text. It looks a bit smooshed.
    The problem is that there are larger spaces on both sides of the "T" which makes the front half look crunched together.
    Oh good eye, you're right. I didn't even notice. All the other letters are touching each other, but the T has all this breathing room.
  • edited June 2008
    The writing underneath is a bit out of place, Scrym doesn't seem to send somebody away, they are just the unquestionable rulers of the Internet. Maybe "get the hell of my Internet" would look better as a back print?
    I am, however, not completely satisfied with the Geeknights text. It looks a bit smooshed.
    These are my two complaints. The graphics look fucking sweet but all the text seems kinda off. I also support the idea of moving the "get the hell off my internets" to the back of the shirt. Obviously it can stay where it is for the sticker and poster.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I know this it nitpicking, but Scotts mouth looks off. It's kinda "froggy" in appearance. I think it's the way his lips dip down in the center.
  • edited June 2008
    You may try making the design more compact by having them reach out of the artwork. The flag could come from above so the logo is more visible.

If I point my finger I generally have the tips in my palm and would see the bend middle finger from the side and just a shadow were the rest of my fingers are.
    (Wright's perspective is a bit off but you should get the idea)
    Post edited by Jain7th on
  • edited June 2008
    I think I see what you are trying to convey, but it's still a little unclear. Like, you want me to draw a goatee on Scott? You want his head to be up higher? You want the border to come up. One thing I do disagree about was that I like the red lines with Geeknights starting small and getting bigger. It gives it a sense of perspective and makes it look more dynamic. However, I can lessen the angle and severity of the diminishing of the line. I still do not see how Rym's pants are cut off. I made the outline smooth (the Tee does not poke out) because I wanted it that way. If people don't like that, though, I will change it.

Edit: Pheonix's hand is at a different angle. He is pointing more forward. Trust me, I had Rym pose for me.
    I know this it nitpicking, but Scotts mouth looks off. It's kinda "froggy" in appearance. I think it's the way his lips dip down in the center.
    He has a bow shaped mouth. That is how his mouth IS, more or less. I look at him more than you.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • With the pants, I think the issue is the angling, particularly that the line on the left side is *exactly* vertical.
  • Every bit as awesome as Rym and Scott hyped it up to be. A definite buy on my part. Fantastic design, Gomidog!
  • He has a bow shaped mouth. That is how his mouth IS, more or less. I look at him more than you.
    Then he looks like a frog.