This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Summer Secret Surprise

edited July 2008 in Role Playing Games
Today is the day for the Summer Secret Surprise. Word on the street is Magic Burner, but who can really say for sure? Post here as soon as it's available for purchase. If the surprise is poop on a stick, I'll still be buying it no matter what.

Comments

• Oooh, it sounds nifty, I am looking forward to finding out what it is.
  • edited July 2008
    It is, indeed the MagBu. I am waiting for the purchase link to be posted. Apparently PayPal is being a bitch.

Ironically, my ability to pre-order the book has been facilitated by the loss of my job to fire.

EDIT: Mr. Crane says the link goes up in 30 minutes.
    Post edited by Shaun on
  • The link's up. And it's broken.
    Professionalism, right out the window.
    Professionalism, right out the window.
    His webmaster was probably out of artha.
  • edited July 2008
    His webmaster was probably out of artha.
    Well I hope the situation changes significantly, so he can stop letting his application deployment check ride.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Well at least he probably earned a test.. So he'll probably advance soon.
    Deploying a web app is really simple. Unless the web master really sucks ass, it shouldn't be more than a routine test.
    Deploying a web app is really simple. Unless the web master really sucks ass, it shouldn't be more than a routine test.
    Maybe he was making a test to open the skill?
  • I just got the MagBu Owner trait.
  • I just got the MagBu Owner trait.
    My reloading skill is now grey shade.
  • Apparently, I get book #24. Not that it means that much, but it's kinda cool. I think it's signed, too.
  • Apparently, I get book #24. Not that it means that much, but it's kinda cool. I think it's signed, too.
    At this rate I'll get book 24,000.
    At this rate I'll get book 24,000.
    Do you really think Luke Crane is going to sell 24,000 copies of anything? Seriously?

Also, MagBu owner in da house!
  • Could someone explain to me what the big deal is? I mean, the shirt looks cool and I'm sure the book is of some significance.
  • edited July 2008
    Could someone explain to me what the big deal is? I mean, the shirt looks cool and I'm sure the book is of some significance.
    It's the collector mentality at work. It's all about an arbitrary number stenciled on some paper...
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Could someone explain to me what the big deal is? I mean, the shirt looks cool and I'm sure the book is of some significance.
    I've been waiting for the Magic Burner for at least a year now.
  • It's the collector mentality at work. It's all about an arbitrary number stenciled on some paper...
    The number is merely an added bonus to an item that has a great deal of utility for the right buyer. Also, it serves to track the spread of the game, which has utility for the creator/seller.
  • How are people getting to the site? It hasn't loaded for me even once.
  • How are people getting to the site? It hasn't loaded for me even once.
    Let It Ride is in effect.
    The Magic Burner is semi-legendary; its printing has been a subject of rumor for years.

Also, Luke Crane books are addicting.

Zencart sucks, but they got a surprisingly good template on there.

Zencart sucks, but they got a surprisingly good template on there.
    You caught a Mew!
  • Number 93. Top 50% w00t!
  • 183. Oh well. At least I can say I that every piece of Burning Wheel rulebookery I have has a number on it. Early adoption FTW!
  • What I don't understand is why I can only grab a copy of the Magic Burner. I don't own any Burning Wheel books but if the whole lot had of been up on that page I could easily have been tricked into buying a batch of them. It almost ruled out anyone that didn't already play Burning Wheel unless I am missing something.
  • What I don't understand is why I can only grab a copy of the Magic Burner. I don't own any Burning Wheel books but if the whole lot had of been up on that page I could easily have been tricked into buying a batch of them. It almost ruled out anyone that didn't already play Burning Wheel unless I am missing something.
    This is a new e-commerce site he just set up. All the older books are available at key20.
  • This is a new e-commerce site he just set up. All the older books are available at key20.
    Well that makes sense, still seems like they could have gotten a few more sales of the core books by linking them on the same page in some way. It's too late now, all 200 appear to be gone. It is amazing how ridiculously well saying something is limited works on me :)
  • edited July 2008
    Hey! The first rule about BagBu is, you don't talk about MagBu.

EDIT: Why, oh why can I not see it? They only seem to have the shirt in the store!
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • EDIT: Why, oh why can I not see it? They only seem to have the shirt in the store!
    Sold out.