This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

iPod Artifacts

edited July 2008 in Everything Else
Do you have anything on your iPod that you didn't really mean to place there? Sometimes I put on full albums and don't really pay attention to the individual songs, so I end up with songs on the iPod that I don't necessarily want. For instance, this morning I was shuffling songs and Y.M.C.A. came on. I looked, and it was from the Billboard Top 100 Hits of 1979. I hadn't heard that song all the way through in years. It's sounds so silly now, but I remember when people actually thought it was cool.

I'll always remember watching New Year's Rockin' Eve in 1980 when the Village People sang Are you ready for the Eighties? Apparently they weren't. I hope they saved their money.

Do you have any embarrassing songs that somehow worked their way onto your iPod?

Comments

• The Price Is Right theme song. /thread
  • I had the Happy Birthday song come on when I was on the bus once. No idea where that came from.
  • I have the Washington DC metro map - and for the live of me I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I switched computers, and things got really messed up.
  • Atomic Dog by George Clinton. I can't ever remember downloading that song and yet there it was.
  • I like this song, but I wouldn't want most people to know it's on my iPod:

Bonus:

• edited July 2008
    There was a time when I thought it'd be funny to collect the worst songs I could find on my ipod. That's how I ended up with this:

I dare say it's the worst song to ever come out of Japan.

I also have roughly six different versions of Fly Me to the Moon: the Eva ED by Claire, Frank Sinatra's, the version Utada Hikaru did for the new Eva, and Yoko Ishida's Para Para version, and some minor variants of those.
    Post edited by One Sin on
  • In one of my first forays into downloading music, I downloaded a collection of french cartoon theme songs (like Inspector Gadget, Lion King, etc.). I still have them and occasionally place them on my ipod for work. They always surprise me and make me giggle. I cannot describe the look of confusion and repulsion on my husband's face whenever it comes on during a long car trip and I dance and sing with a crazy grin on my face.
  • edited July 2008
    I also have roughly six different versions of Fly Me to the Moon: the Eva ED by Claire, Frank Sinatra's, the version Utada Hikaru did for the new Eva, and Yoko Ishida's Para Para version, and some minor variants of those.
    I love that song, but I've never heard the hikaru utada or para para version, can you link to a download?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Sure, I'll whisper them to you once I find them.
  • edited July 2008
    In one of my first forays into downloading music, I downloaded a collection of french cartoon theme songs (like Inspector Gadget, Lion King, etc.).
    . . . along those lines, I would really like that French song from the end of MDK. Do you know where I could get it?
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Do you mean this?
  • Yeah, but I'd like to be able to load it onto my iPod. I found a torrent of the MDK soundtrack once, but it was just the in-game music and did not have this song.
  • Unfortunately, I do not have the inside scoop on downloading French music specifically. I would just use whatever searches you normally do looking for "Non Non Rien N'a Change" the name of the song, "Billy Ze Kick" (who also goes by BZK) - the remake artist, and "Les Poppys" - the original artists. Sorry that I can't be of any greater help!
  • Yeah, but I'd like to be able to load it onto my iPod. I found a torrent of the MDK soundtrack once, but it was just the in-game music and did not have this song.
    Did you play and beat MDK? I freaking love that game. Too bad MDK2 was such a big pile of poo.
  • Do you have anything on your iPod that you didn't really mean to place there?
    Someone gave me a gift of The Tonight Show when it was on iTunes.
  • Did you play and beat MDK?
    Yes. My only complaint was that there weren't really enough times that you had to use the sniper gun.
    Too bad MDK2 was such a big pile of poo.
    The first part wasn't too bad. I liked the first level boss.
  • On the subject of both French songs and personal iPod randomness...

Also on my ipod:

• Yes. My only complaint was that there weren't really enough times that you had to use the sniper gun.
    Omg. I love that sniper gun.
  • I had the Happy Birthday song come on when I was on the bus once. No idea where that came from.
    Was it your birthday?
  • edited July 2008

A friend had been bugging me for a year to 'sing' it, so when I went over I loaded it on my iPod so I could.
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • Oh man, that was such a good show!
  • I actually own the soundtrack CD for the Powerpuff Girls. All through college I had TONs of Buttercup stuff... I loves that show. I miss it so... *pout*
  • I found my old Samsung 128mb MP3 player the other day. Highlights include:
    Drop Out (DDR)
    The Dilbert cartoon theme
    Various Vanessa Carltion songs
    The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
    Something from the Black Eyed Peas (uggggh)
    A lecture from high school physics (the player had a mic too)
  • Unfortunately, I do not have the inside scoop on downloading French music specifically. I would just use whatever searches you normally do looking for "Non Non Rien N'a Change" the name of the song, "Billy Ze Kick" (who also goes by BZK) - the remake artist, and "Les Poppys" - the original artists. Sorry that I can't be of any greater help!
    Does anyone know of any programs that download songs only, not full albums - sort of like LimeWire but not as spyware-y?
  • Does anyone know of any programs that download songs only, not full albums - sort of like LimeWire but not as spyware-y?
    Amazon mp3 music store?
  • I use uTorrent. It's a small Bittorrent client that lets you select what parts of a torrent you want.
  • Frostwire would be your best bet. That or Shareaza if it's still as good as it was.
  • I use search terms on google to look for public ftp servers with mp3s on them. That lets you easily download songs individually.
  • G2P will find you popular songs, but good luck finding anything else.