This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things that attract arrogant people

13»

Comments

• Geez Mrs. MacRoss, we're not all bad. I'll grant you that a large percentage of lawyers aren't much fun, but I like to think that some of us are ok.
    Well, there are so many different kinds of lawyers, you can't lump them all together. On one end you've got ambulance chasers like Jim "The Hammer" Shapiro. On the other hand, you've got awesome guys like Larry Lessig. They're both lawyers.
  • I'll tell you what, you don't know what arrogant is until you've dealt with a lot of people with Ph.D.'s in the hard sciences. Anybody can be arrogant, but when you combine arrogance with factual backing, you're in for a world of frustration.
  • Just for the comedy value: Xbox Live
  • Axe is good as long as you only use the stick version. Spray Axe is obnoxious.
  • IT/CS people.
  • When they stopped making Lynx Marine I found this great deodorant called soapy water. Wasn't the same though.
  • Lists about arrogant people attract the most arrogant people.
  • I'll tell you what, you don't know what arrogant is until you've dealt with a lot of people with Ph.D.'s in the hard sciences. Anybody can be arrogant, but when you combine arrogance with factual backing, you're in for a world of frustration.
    The PhDs can be a pain in the ass sometimes but the ones you have to watch out for are the MD/PhDs. I've only met one MD/PhD that was not an arrogant asshole. Al the others are the type of person that would answer their phone during a seminar with 50 other PhDs and students present and talk on it for five minutes without lowering their voice or leaving the room.
  • Older animated and live action TV shows (ex. Batman: The Animated Series, Firefly, ...)
  • Axe is good as long as you only use the stick version. Spray Axe is obnoxious.
    I switched last week to Axe stick and my wife was all over me for about four days. She pretty much goes crazy anytime I switch ANY fragrance, though -- hair gel, cologne, shampoo. I have noticed that she tends to be much more sensitive to aroma than I.
  • Grog Snobs - Good god, I hate them. They refuse to drink anything but whatever expensive drink they're heard about or read about, but they can't taste the difference between, for example, 20 year old single malt scotch and $10 a bottle scotch that's been strained through a camel driver's underwear.
  • Geez Mrs. MacRoss, we're not all bad. I'll grant you that a large percentage of lawyers aren't much fun, but I like to think that some of us are ok.
    Well, there are so many different kinds of lawyers, you can't lump them all together. On one end you've got ambulance chasers like Jim "The Hammer" Shapiro. On the other hand, you've got awesome guys like Larry Lessig. They're both lawyers.
    Oh, Jim "The Hammer" Shapiro... how I miss you!

He may be an S.O.B, but he's your S.O.B.!
  • edited August 2008
    and the price is reasonable.
    For the spray, maybe, but definitely not for the deodorant sticks. Axe is one of the most pricey ones in that regard.
    Rym and Scott is an activity?
    Things that attract arrogant people
    Thing:
    12. a living being or creature
    Post edited by Dkong on