This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor

GeoGeo
edited August 2008 in Everything Else
What is your favorite ice cream flavor and why (real ice cream, not popsicles)?

Personally my favorite and what I consider to be the most amazing ice cream flavor ever made is Mint Chocolate Chip. Maybe this is due to the fact that I love anything that has the flavor of mint in it, but other than that I just love eating it once in a while.

Comments

• Last night me and my BF mixed vanilla ice cream with cherry M&Ms and cherry Coke. Now that is my fave flavor.
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2010
    Last night me and my BF mixed vanilla ice cream with cherry M&Ms; and cherry Coke. Now that is my fave flavor.
    God fucking dammit, that sounds awesome!! I've gotta try that cause it sound so delicious.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Häagen-Dazs' Sticky Toffee Pudding. Somehow every ice cream I've had since is somehow worse.
  • edited August 2008
    Anything involving the intersection of peanut butter and chocolate.

EDIT: Optionally, Ben and Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie Chunk.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2008
    Anything involving the intersection of peanut butter and chocolate.

EDIT: Optionally, Ben and Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie Chun
    Yum, I also really like peanut butter & chocolate ice cream. Hey Pete, have you ever had any ice cream dares in the same vein as the deep fried pizza? If not, I think that "experiment" would prove to be quite interesting.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Deep fried ice cream? It's been done. Tasty stuff.

In terms of "potentially awful thing to do with ice cream," that's a negative. I try not to spoil my delicious ice cream by getting all crazy with it.

I would like to say that these guys make a bacon ice cream that I want to try very badly.
  • Deep fried ice cream? It's been done. Tasty stuff.

In terms of "potentially awful thing to do with ice cream," that's a negative. I try not to spoil my delicious ice cream by getting all crazy with it.

I would like to say thatthese guysmake a bacon ice cream that I want to try very badly.
    Well, would it be valid to say that dares with ice cream is where you cross the line.
  • ...the most amazing ice cream flavor ever made is Mint Chocolate Chip.
    Quoted for truth. Anything mint is awesome, cookie dough and the good vanilla run close behind though.
  • edited August 2008
    My favourite flavour of ice cream tends to change every couple of months. I work in a store that serves gelato and I often cannot resist the temptation to have some for my commute home. So, yeah, I get to have loooots of different kinds. ^^ Currently, my favourite is good ol' Vanilla Cookie Dough, and before that, it was Maple Walnut. Oo, and S'more is awesome too! :D
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Not sure...chocolate peanut butter, oreo, and coffee are all up there. It's a tie, I guess.
  • However there is one legendary flavor that I had, and when I had it I went beyond the cosmos and met the higher being of power (that's my agnosticism talking). That flavor was Mint Oreo, and it was fucking AWESOME!
  • Sorry to all the Mint Chocolate Chip fans, but to me, that stuff just tastes like frozen toothpaste with bits of stuff in it. That's just me, though. Most mint things just remind me too much of toothpaste. :/
  • Vanilla.
  • Mint chocolate chip is the best, but the key to any good ice cream is having chunks to chew on, be they buckeyes, peppermints, peanut butter bits, marshmallows, pecans (or cashews or peanuts), or whatever. Incidentally, Cap'n Crunch in vanilla soft-serve is superior.
  • Sorry to all the Mint Chocolate Chip fans, but to me, that stuff just tastes like frozen toothpaste with bits of stuff in it. That's just me, though. Most mint things just remind me too much of toothpaste. :/
    Boo!!!
  • Mint chocolate chip is the best, but the key to any good ice cream is having chunks to chew on, be they buckeyes, peppermints, peanut butter bits, marshmallows, pecans (or cashews or peanuts), or whatever. Incidentally, Cap'n Crunch in vanilla soft-serve is superior.
    Yes, otherwise the temperature and uniform flavour of the ice cream will just cause it to seem generic after a while. Maybe it'll taste sweeter or more bitter depending on the type, but you'll lose the distinctness of the flavour after the first several licks/bites. Chunks of stuff provide a bit of variety, and the flavour doesn't get mentally pushed aside as easily. :)
  • Lemon chocolate chip. Delicious.
  • edited August 2008
    Sorry to all the Mint Chocolate Chip fans, but to me, that stuff just tastes like frozen toothpaste with bits of stuff in it. That's just me, though. Most mint things just remind me too much of toothpaste. :/
    Agreed. I've never liked mint in anything but actual mints, gum, and york peppermint patties....oh, and the mint girl scout cookies are good, too. I don't like mint in anything else, though.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • Rainbow Sherbet is a close second.
  • Banana. Also:

• Real men eat frozen custard. Any flavor of frozen custard is delicious.
  • My favourite type of ice cream is also chocolate chip mint ice cream, there seems to be a few chocolate chip mint people here. Also I would like to know what was the weirdest ice cream flavour you've seen, I'm forgot mine, all i remember was that it was pretty wierd.
  • I recently changed my favorite ice cream flavor. Maggie Moo's Better Batter. It tastes like batter.
  • Cake batter ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery with cake bits and sprinkles.

Who calls sprinkles "jimmies"? I hate that. IT'S SPRINKLES!
  • Perry's "Piece of Cake" ice cream tastes EXACTLY like yellow cake with chocolate frosting. It's yummy.
  • Pumpkin ice cream is ridiculously tasty.
  • The legendary Fourth Flavor is the best flavor, but I also frequently indulge in a mix of mint and peanut butter gelato. MMMmmmm
  • edited August 2008
    Strawberry or Orange sorbet and vanilla ice cream mix. In the Ben and Jerry's ice cream my favourite is Vermonty Python, I bet if I tried Colbert's flavour I would also enjoy it greatly.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Colbert's Americone Dream. It's got real bits of bald eagle in it. You can taste the freedom.
  • I really don't care a lot for ice cream. I'm more of a gelato person. Strawberry & hazelnut are divine.