This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I'm bored.

13»

Comments

• I am bored at work and it continues to monopolize half of my waking hours. I have more things than hours of the day I want to actually do, but they cost the money that work provides. Such is life.
  • I am bored at work and it continues to monopolize half of my waking hours. I have more things than hours of the day I want to actually do, but they cost the money that work provides. Such is life.

My life as well.
  • Apreche said:

I am bored at work and it continues to monopolize half of my waking hours. I have more things than hours of the day I want to actually do, but they cost the money that work provides. Such is life.

My life as well.
  • edited May 2015
    I deeply enjoy my work and I can't say it's ever boring. But I make fuck all money right now, and basically 99% of my money goes to either my car(Just upkeep, rego and petrol, and I do most upkeep myself), or PAX. I'm looking for a different job, so I can continue my current job part time. And/or go back to flying, but that's no easy feat to get into.

As a side note, if anyone's work is looking to import some foreigner to tek ur jerbs...
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Rym said:

Apreche said:

I am bored at work and it continues to monopolize half of my waking hours. I have more things than hours of the day I want to actually do, but they cost the money that work provides. Such is life.

My life as well.
  • Me life too (no more quote pyramids)
  • edited May 2015
    My boredom at work is fairly up and down. If I have something really big that I enjoy doing, I can churn on that all day for many days happily, but those don't come around that often.

And I can say that my company (Amazon) is always looking for people.
    Post edited by theknoxinator on
  • Dromaro said:

As a person who lives 6 miles from a superior west coast beach his whole life? Meh. ;-) Beach = overrated

Im with you on this one. You get sand everywhere, salt in whats left and have to bring an armchair to be comfortable. Now a lake that is the jam. Nice bit of forrest, bit of shore line and the sounds of the wild. Much better then being crammed up with sweaty naked people in budgie-smugglers.
  • Amp said:

Dromaro said:

As a person who lives 6 miles from a superior west coast beach his whole life? Meh. ;-) Beach = overrated

Im with you on this one. You get sand everywhere, salt in whats left and have to bring an armchair to be comfortable. Now a lake that is the jam. Nice bit of forrest, bit of shore line and the sounds of the wild. Much better then being crammed up with sweaty naked people in budgie-smugglers.
    Also picked up some shifts as a dishwasher, one of the best jobs going. You can turn off and just think. I've used it to write out three songs and the best part of the plot for my books (that I will never right but there we go). One of the least boring jobs I've done and I've done a ton.
  • While I know being bored at work sucks and I should be grateful, I do miss days of extra free time at work. Nothing but work and pressure (mostly personal to keep pushing myself) to get as many claims worked on as possible.

It will never be boring because of the fact that I am pretty much reading about people's lives. Some of it really cool, some of it really crazy, some of it really depressing.
  • I'm kinda of a workaholic and I get a lot of flak around here for working so hard at my job. But fuck, at least I'm not wasting away half of my day bored. I'd much rather spend more time and energy working at a job I enjoy rather than punch in/ punch out just to fund my hobbies.
  • Andrew said:

I'm kinda of a workaholic and I get a lot of flak around here for working so hard at my job. But fuck, at least I'm not wasting away half of my day bored. I'd much rather spend more time and energy working at a job I enjoy rather than punch in/ punch out just to fund my hobbies.

This is the ideal I strive for, but I'm not sure what I want to throw myself at that completely right now.
  • Andrew said:

I'm kinda of a workaholic and I get a lot of flak around here for working so hard at my job. But fuck, at least I'm not wasting away half of my day bored. I'd much rather spend more time and energy working at a job I enjoy rather than punch in/ punch out just to fund my hobbies.

Indeed. That's how I am right now. It's a double edge sword for me because on the plus side, I'm making a good name for myself here in regards to upward mobility so I can be easily considered for specialized promotions, but it's also detrimental because I end up having to deal with a lot of messy work and cleaning up incompetent workers' bullshit.
    My previous job with the VA, I was beyond bored. I know I never want that again. Eventually when I get the position I want a few years down the road, I should be good to go.
  • edited May 2015
    Things are pretty busy for me right now; I have three weeks to put a paper together and all I've done so far is work out a reasonable chunk of the theory. What's awesome is that I'm working on a project I chose for myself, of my own accord, and I'm getting paid a scholarship to do it. It's also probably the first time I've committed myself to a deadline entirely out of my own free will, rather than merely having a deadline imposed upon me.

Of course, if my research doesn't pan out my attitude will be wildly different...
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I'm not bored as much as frustrated at the slow pace of getting access and training on things I'm promised...plus if I'm bored at work I can always read a book or whatever.
  • Andrew said:

Obviously a job where the work is enjoyable is preferable to one where it is not. I will gladly shift to a job where I enjoy what I am doing during the day. However, nearly all such jobs expect employees to completely sacrifice the rest of their life and hobbies for the job. Fuck that.

There is nothing in this world worth doing for 40 hours a week, every week, let alone more than that. If my job was to play Netrunner, after day 2 I would be like "ok, let's not play again until next week." There are indeed times when I'm at work and not bored or doing nothing, but that non-bored time is way less than 40 hours. If they would just not make me sit here, it would be terrific. I need to find a job with the least working hours that still pays NYC rent money.
  • edited May 2015
    Apreche said:

Obviously a job where the work is enjoyable is preferable to one where it is not. I will gladly shift to a job where I enjoy what I am doing during the day. However, nearly all such jobs expect employees to completely sacrifice the rest of their life and hobbies for the job. Fuck that.

There is nothing in this world worth doing for 40 hours a week, every week

Post edited by muppet on
  • Apreche said:

There is nothing in this world worth doing for 40 hours a week

Breathing. Though I'd rather do that 168 hours a week than merely 40.

• Apreche said:

There is nothing in this world worth doing for 40 hours a week

Breathing. Though I'd rather do that 168 hours a week than merely 40.

Oooh, thanks, you really saved me there. Almost suffocated.

• Andrew said:

It could be the nature of your job but when I was practising full time at a Veterinary clinic I never had any time to be bored and was prompted to go home if there was nothing going on or study for accreditations that assisted my employers rather than improve my education.
    Lunches that last 0 - 15 minutes and having to write up histories for hours after the clinic had closed became pretty insane. Plus there was working on weekends, public holidays and waking up in the middle of the night every 3 nights multiple times for after hours services. I'd be happy to get a boring job as long as working hours were consistent and I was paid appropriately for work.

Even though work was exciting I always looked forward to time off that consisted of more than house keeping and sleeping. Jobs that are rewarding in any other way than money and time off are overrated
  • How do you even manage. I would've given my two weeks notice if I had your job.