This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

iPod Cases

2»

Comments

• I just don't drop things. Maybe if you people stopped rubbing butter all over your hands you wouldn't need a case.
    Because my iPod was in my hands when it falls. Dropping stuff does not always mean you drop if out of your hands. In my case, the clip cannot always clip securely to my pants or belt, thus potentially falling when I start running.
  • edited September 2008
    In my case, the clip cannot always clip securely to my pants or belt, thus potentially falling when I start running.
    Then your iPod clip and case was actually a detriment to you iPod's safety. So then, why even have the clip in the first place? It's safer in your pocket.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I have a iPod Nano so use a case, not so much to protect it, but so I can hang it round my neck on those lanyard-and-headphones-in-one things. I like the clear rubber cases, but they only last about 6 months each (I listen to my Nano maybe 4 to 6 hours a day). I was wondering what to do if I needed another one in a few months, because the size and shape of the last generation of Nano was completely different, and the selection of cases for the old Nanos were harder to find. But now the new Nano is the same size as my one, so cases and whatnot will be handily bought again.

I might give my current Nano to my girlfriend and get a new one for myself anyway.
  • In my case, the clip cannot always clip securely to my pants or belt, thus potentially falling when I start running.
    Then your iPod clip and case was actually a detriment to you iPod's safety. So then, why even have the clip in the first place? It's safer in your pocket.
    On the contrary, and running would be very uncomfortable with it in my pocket.
  • I've been meaning to post my review of the iFrogz case, but haven't really had the time or motivation until now. I ordered the case on 09/10, Wednesday and promptly received it that following Saturday. I opened the package to see the following:
    From left to right: cloth cover, wheel design cover, insert, wrap, band, and clear screen cover.

First off, I do not like the band part of it. It is useful for covering and protecting the dock connector, however you don't have access to the hold button. Also because of it's thickness, it's difficult to plug in your headphones. As for the wrap, upon inspection, it was very durable, flexible, and seems like it can protect my iPod. When I first saw the insert, I didn't know what to think of it. I had to ask my friend, who had ordered through iFrogz before, what it was. It's basically an insert for the smaller iPods so the wrap can fit snugly around your iPod. The wheel design cover was basically a thick removable sticker for aesthetic features. I thought that it might to be too thick for the wheel to sense any pressure, however it's not. I apply the same pressure I once did without the wheel cover and it senses the commands just fine.

The screen cover was a bitch to put on. I kept messing up, getting bubbles or some sort of fuzz caught underneath it. After many attempts, I finally got it on to my liking.

All in all, I am enjoying the case I purchased, especially for under $20 (shipping included).
    edited October 2008
    clear screen cover.
    That's not clear, it clearly darkens everything! Making your iPod screen look very dark. :\ And it's not that easy to apply one of those things perfectly the first go. Looks nice though, and 'hold button'? People use that thing? Oh of course, my quick-flip-skip nano case means I don't have to put it on hold. :D (sorry, just being mean)

I do have one more serious thing to say though: "1st song album"? Do you have a source on that? n_n Also, that's a very catchy song.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited October 2008
    That's not clear, it clearly darkens everything!
    No, it doesn't. It's fine to me.
    And it's not that easy to apply one of those things perfectly the first go.
    I've already stated that.
    'hold button'? People use that thing?
    Yes. I do.
    (sorry, just being mean)
    I don't expect anything less from you. :P
    "1st song album"? Do you have a source on that?
    I got it from piratebay. That's what they called the album. I went with it. Most of the tracks were in Japanese. I got the romanji translated tracklist here.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I don't expect anything less from you. :P
    Don't be coping so well with my meanness! T_T And blah, I think I already got all decent songs from that list.
  • edited October 2008
    Don't be coping so well with my meanness! T_T
    Unlike certain forumites, I do not fall for your shenanigans, nor am I easily riled by your words. :P
    And blah, I think I already got all decent songs from that list.
    The albumn I got had like 18 tracks. I did more searching and found additional tracks like "Cruel Angel's Thesis" and the "Mario Theme".
    Post edited by Rochelle on
    edited October 2008
    Unlike certain forumites, I do not fall for your shenanigans, nor am I easily riled by your words. :P
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! D:

I don't think Cruel Angel's Stasis sounds good. Most covers people have made are kinda crappy compared to the original.
    Post edited by ... on
  • I use this for my nano.
    I find it very natural to use. It flips open to the side and closes magnetically. I also never have to lock it. Plus I run my L shaped headphone cord along the spine of the case so it comes out the top and it doesn't bend the cord and the end (I suck at explaining this).

If I had an iTouch or iPhone I think it would be different, but this works really well for a nano.
  • [...]and 'hold button'? People use that thing?
    I use it all the time. Even when I don't need to, it's become habit for my finger to flick the hold button on when I'm not looking at my iPod.
  • I carry my iPod in my pocket most of the time. Sometimes I'll bump into something and it might hit the play button, so my iPod starts playing when I'm not listening. This will drain the battery and I won't be able to listen to it when I actually want to. If I use the hold button then I don't have to worry about that sort of problem. It's awesome and right now I'm having trouble believing that people don't use it when it's so useful.
    edited October 2008
    I carry my iPod in my pocket most of the time. Sometimes I'll bump into something and it might hit the play button, so my iPod starts playing when I'm not listening. This will drain the battery and I won't be able to listen to it when I actually want to. If I use the hold button then I don't have to worry about that sort of problem. It's awesome and right now I'm having trouble believing that people don't use it when it's so useful.
    Oh what the fuck, seriously, do only 2 people here get a joke? How pathetic. Diddgery, I know what a bloody hold button does, I used it on my long deceased HP mp3 player (for which there were no case). You seem to not have read this topic. My suggestion is to do so, do you wish to comment on things. Tyashki has a case similar to mine (although his is for a crappy third gen nano :p), it protects the iPod completely and prevents those bump-play accidents. And it's a lot easier to flip a simple magnet can slide a small button that sits slightly hidden in the case.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited October 2008
    Well, I normaly use my flip-front leather Belikin case, because it was free and I'm poor, but I also have the option of stashing it in the MP3 pocket in the strap of my backpack. Having it in a case instead of a Form-fitting plastic or Rubber case is simply because I mostly listen to podcasts, so I don't really need to mess with it all that much.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Sorry, I'm terrible at reading sarcasm, especially in online situations. I guess I have a long way to go.
  • Sorry, I'm terrible at reading sarcasm, especially in online situations. I guess I have a long way to go.
    Make a mental note: "a lousy forum member" aka "nineless" uses sarcasm a lot, and is an asshole, however a funny asshole at times.
    edited October 2008
    Make a mental note: "a lousy forum member" aka "nineless" uses sarcasm a lot, and is an asshole, however a funny asshole at times.
    HEY!

I used another name between "a lousy forummember." and "nineless". :(

@ Diddgery, don't worry, as I said in whateverthreadthatwaswheresomeoneaskedwhywewereharshonpeoplewhousehorriblespellingandgrammar (ow my poor thumbs, refrained from so many spaces), the only way to communicate on this forum, is by text. Text has the nasty habit of not being able and carry the entirety of a message. It lacks body language, intonation, sometimes the mood of the person (though this last one can be indicated by using a lot of insults), etc. So don't worry. On a somewhat side note, I hate growing older. But I cannot wait till the day that I can swing a cane and shout "GET OF MY BLOODY LAWN YOU DISRESPECTFUL PUNK KIDS!".

And the stabbing of balls seems to be enjoyable, one wishes to try this.
    Post edited by ... on
  • So, I'm interested in getting another iPhone 3G case realizing that there are many more possibilities now than there were when I bought the iPhone. I currently have the DLO Jam Jacket, but the fact that it's a pretty rubbery case prevents me from quickly taking the phone out of my pocket, which is not something I like. I've looked at the Incase slider, but I'm also considering the InvisibleShield, which looks really sharp (in that it's not bulky and makes the phone look like a "naked" phone). The problem with this is that it seems to be a real pain to apply.

Anyone else in iPhone 3G land have a recommendation?
  • I have a good ol' incase leather IPod cover for my Classic, best thing is it even works with my dock meaning I almost never have to remove it.
  • That's the bad point to my all encasing leather with magnets approach. It needs to come out to connect.
  • edited October 2008
    I have an iPod touch and as soon as it came out of the box the back started scratching like hell. On the ride home from the store it gained 3 scratches! and I was being carefull. As soon as I got home I bought the cheapest, non-crappy-looking case I could find and bought it. It came with a screen protector so the front will be save too

here it is:

Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • I'm thinking of ditching the plastic case I got for the iPhone, and just using the screen protector.