This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I Don't Have a Girlfriend, What Should I do?

2»

Comments

• I think I was either 12 or 14 when I had my first girlfriend.
  • The question I want to ask you guys, and maybe girls is, how old where you when you went on your first date or had a relationship with someone? Because it can't be normal to be 17.5 and still never went on one date or even took someone to a school dance.
    9th Grade. Though I have the advantage of being able to play an instrument. ^_~
  • What you should do is go out and do things you enjoy with other people. Just be you and have fun, instead of looking for anything. Then the people that you are most likely to be attracted to/are most likely to be attracted to you will be placed in proximity. Viola, higher chances of success!
  • Go to Law School.
    i have a friend in Law school. It's a chick magnet. :P

Anyway, how can you get a girlfriend if you don't know any girls? Get some girls to be your friend and go from there. Don't smell. Don't be annoying and as superficial as this might sound, try to look cool.

Then there's the geek dating sites. Yeah, they exist. It's a trump card.
  • Don't accept lady advice from Scott!! Don't DO it!
  • I'm just afraid that one day my lack of experience in dating will come back too haunt me. I worry that I might make the mistakes that, I would know if I had previous dating experience.
    The question I want to ask you guys, and maybe girls is, how old where you when you went on your first date or had a relationship with someone? Because it can't be normal to be 17.5 and still never went on one date or even took someone to a school dance.
    I think that people have too formal an idea of what "a date" and "not a date" are. First, befriend girls. I went out to the movies and baseball games and stuff with guys I wasn't "dating." There are all these different levels of interaction with the opposite sex. From the totally platonic hanging out to is the pals-who-occasionally-make-out-on-the-couch to the emotionally committed sexual relationships. Every level counts as experience. Just hanging out with girls on the porch, or going on bike rides and stuff prepares you for what dating is like. I hung out with a pack of boys all through high school, but I was pretty much the tomboy. I didn't stress about things like my first kiss (which I had technically gotten from the neighbor kid when I was in first grade) or anything like that, and as far as sex, I too picky to sleep with people who I didn't feel 100% for. Rym is actually my first "official" boyfriend. The thing is, even if you are not officially going out with a girl, any interaction is experience. Also, that way, you may end up not only with a girl friend, but with a best friend as well. One you can totally make out with.
  • What about nerds in Law School?
  • edited September 2008
    9th Grade. Though I have the advantage of being able to play an instrument. ^_~
    Depends on the instrument. Playing trumpet for the school band ain't gonna do shit for ya, regarding getting girls.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • Flute or clarinet on the other hand...
  • 9th Grade. Though I have the advantage of being able to play an instrument. ^_~
    Depends on the instrument. Playing trumpet for the school band ain't gonna do shit for ya, regarding getting girls.
    Piano, guitar and drums is like a golden ticket in that respect. ^^
  • Flute or clarinet on the other hand...
    Pff, if you're talking about classical instruments, strings are the way to go. Cello and violin are the sexiest instruments ever.
  • Cello and violin are the sexiest instruments ever.
    I'm not so sure about cello, but violin definitely.

Oh, and strings pwn all.
  • This is true. Ever try to serenade a girl with a casio keyboard? Trust me, the batteries will always wear out halfway through the song. Strings don't run out of batteries.
  • What sucks is that there really aren't any geeky girls at my school, and I have stop looking back in like 10th grade after many miserable attempts.

6What also sucks about my school, is that all the geeky guys are the magic card playing type and have little interest in much else, thus is why I really don't have any friends in school. I have a few people that I talk to on a regular basis but it dosen't go much deeper. I just hope my senior year goes a lot better than the last 5.
  • What you should do is go out and do things you enjoy with other people. Just be you and have fun, instead of looking for anything. Then the people that you are most likely to be attracted to/are most likely to be attracted to you will be placed in proximity. Viola, higher chances of success!
    My god. Another viola player! The gods of fortune are smiling upon me today!
    Cello and violin are the sexiest instruments ever.
    I'm not so sure about cello, but violin definitely.

Oh, and strings pwn all.
    Viola > Cello > Violin.
  • Cello > every other stringed instrument.
    Yeah... for picking up chubby chicks.
    You've obviously not seen the right orchestras, as I've met some pretty fine cellists.
    I lol'd.
  • Harp > every other stringed instrument.
    Fixed it!
    Wyatt, I think I know why you don't have a girlfriend....
    As for "getting a girlfriend" advice: Join clubs/groups that expose you to new people that have similar interests. Make friends with people of both genders. If one of the new female friends appeals to you as more than a friend, ask her out. The worst that could happen is that she says no, and at least you have a new female friend (who might be able to introduce you to other ladies/give you dating advice).
  • Here's something I'm planning on trying. I'm friends with this really nice girl. She was my freshman orientation leader, but she wasn't "I'm supposed to make you feel comfortable" nice, but a genuinely nice person. Anyway, I'm hoping to ask her if she had any friends who she thinks might be interested in a guy like me. This way, I have someone as a bridge rather than just being by myself. Ya know?

I'm still trying to work out the how, but I think it might work.