This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Alright Already! Here! Me!

Comments

• GeoGeo
    edited September 2008
    Also, I think the reason why we all thought Emily was Asian was that in an early episode, she just came back from Nagoya so I think the japanese accent was still hanging on at that point so... yeah.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I blame it on the accent. You -do- have an accent, Emily. ^^
    Bunny mouths aren't shaped in a way that makes English easy, I suspect. :)
  • In the first 2 pics, you remind me of Veronica Belmont. :-)
  • Also, I think the reason why we all thought Emily was Asian was that in an early episode, she just came back from Nagoya so I think the japanese accent was still hanging on at that point so... yeah.
    That's funny, for the longest time I thought she was Canadian.
    Well I guess the theory that if you've only heard and try to guess what it looks like, but then it turns out that that person in reality looks absolutely nothing like what you thought he/she did, is totally evident in this situation.
    Heh, been there.
  • That's funny, for the longest time I thought she was Canadian.
    Same here
  • WOW! I'm not going to lie, but I thought you had black hair and was more Asian and had glasses, I don't know why.
  • Well I guess the theory that if you've only heard and try to guess what it looks like, but then it turns out that that person in reality looks absolutely nothing like what you thought he/she did, is totally evident in this situation.
    When I first started listening to geek nights I thought Rym and Scott would look different than they do, although I had guessed that Rym had long hair and, somehow, I was correct. Emily actually looks like how I thought she would look, although I admit I had not really thought about it that much.

Shawn Eliott from GFW radio looks remarkably different than I thought he looked like... he looks a lot older. Although, I think I assumed he was younger based on his maturity level.
  • edited September 2008
    WOW! I'm not going to lie, but I thought you had black hair[, were] more Asian and had glasses, I don't know why.
    I still imagine that Dave and Joel are like the 2 main guys from Scrubs, Dave being the black one.
    Post edited by kiwi_bird on
  • edited September 2008
    WOW! I'm not going to lie, but I thought you had black hair[, were] Asian and had glasses, I don't know why.
    I still imagine that Dave and Joel are like the 2 main guys from Scrubs, Dave being the black one.
    Post edited by kiwi_bird on
  • edited September 2008
    I always thought you were Asian. I don't know why.
    I thought I was the only one.
    Before I met her I always thought she looked like a mix of Ramona and Knives Chau.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Before I saw her at conneticon I thought she was short and very small because of her voice being kind of high kind of shy sounding.

Hey Emily, you seemed very excited about the scarf you got there. Do you still like it?
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2008
    That third picture looks artistic in the sense of something the Beatles would do.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • When I first started listening to GeekNights, Superbad had just come out, and I was unconsciously imagining Rym as looking like an older version of McLovin. XD;;
  • When I first started listening to GeekNights, Superbad had just come out, and I was unconsciously imagining Rym as looking like an older version of McLovin. XD;;
    Good god! I would've been frightened if Rym looked like that.
  • Guinea pigs superior, bunnies inferior.
    Awesome shirt.
  • Awesome shirt.
    And properly descriptive, considering who's wearing it I would imagine.
  • You look about how I imagined, but I was wondering; where's your accent from? It sounds like a mix of Torontoni (people from Toronto?), New York Citian, and Japanese (just the slightest).
  • edited September 2008
    WOW! I'm not going to lie, but I thought you had black hair[, were] more Asian and had glasses, I don't know why.
    Before I saw there pics I thought Dave was black, as for Joel, I don't know there dose not seem to be any good picks of him.
    Guinea pigs superior, bunnies inferior.
    Seconded, I've had 4 in my short life time.
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on
  • edited September 2008
    bunnies inferior.
    No! Bunnies are smart and cute!
    I always thought you were Asian. I don't know why.
    Aww, man. I wish I hadn't posted pictures. Nope, I'm just a plain blonde girl. Probably the reason for the confusion is that I am such an "egg." About the accent, I grew up near the border with Canada, a short drive away from Toronto. I thought all that talking about Swedish Heritage gave me away, though. I haven't met a lot of Scandinavian Asians.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Ha! I knew that accent sounded Canadian! *Final Fantasy Victory Music*
  • Ha! I knew that accent sounded Canadian! *Final Fantasy Victory Music*
    FF7 Fanfare being my favorite, that's immediate what I heard.

But ya, along with the majority here, I thought Emily was a tiny Asian girl to match her tiny voice.
  • I like the idea of a Scandinavian Asian though...
    I find it best to think of them as "Scandinasians".
    I find it best to think of them as "Scandinasians".
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! (facepalm)
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    bunnies inferior.
    No! Bunnies are smart and cute!
    Sure on the outside they're adorable, but.......
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Haha, I read that book. It was funny how many ways those bunnies killed themselves. My favorite is the bowling bowl and the colander.