This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Which [linux] Distro, Which DE?

2»

Comments

• Rym, you've changed a lot. You used to be the Linux loving geek who I listened to. What happened?
    I used Windows 2000 through most of college.
  • Rym and I are people who use the best tool for the job. Saying Linux is better than Windows is like saying a hammer is better than a screwdriver. You can't compare tools without context of a job to be done. If the job is to break something, a hammer is probably a good idea. If the job is to fix a computer, a screwdriver is much more useful. We don't have fanboy loyalties like most geeks seem to.
  • edited September 2008
    We don't have fanboy loyalties like most geeks seem to.

http://www.apreche.net/about-me/But I must admit that the GameCube helped to turn me slightly towards Nintendo fanboyism.
    OH SNAP.

I'm kidding of course; I just thought it was funny. I've never really noticed any more love for Linux over other OS's, it just usually gets more dialogue on the air. This is to be expected, what with the fact that you can tailor Linux to do just about anything, meaning for most odd jobs, it's almost always going to be the best tool for the job.
    Post edited by Lusankya on
  • edited September 2008
    Not always. Have you ever tried sharing folders on a mostly windows network? Sure, it's supposed to work, but really, its hard.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Don't listen to Scott! Hammers can solve all of your problems! Need to build a computer? Do what your fathers did before you, and use a hammer and nails!
  • I got flash 10 to work in Fedora x86_64! ^^
  • Just upgraded to Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) and it's stupendous. I've also been using the new Jollicloud distro which is, for the most part, Ubuntu netbook remix with a section for easily adding apps/programs and a social network for other Jollicloud users. Go GNOME!