This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 081029 - The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck

13»

Comments

• Wait, are people getting uppity about Donald Duck's family tree?Really?
    It's quite simple, really.
    It may be simple, but I will still point out that it is ridiculous. I have gotten caught up in caring about stupid things in forum discussions, too. While I feel like an idiot when someone points it out, I also use it as a wake up call and move on with my life.
  • Wait, are people getting uppity about Donald Duck's family tree?Really?
    It's quite simple, really.
    It may be simple, but I will still point out that it is ridiculous. I have gotten caught up in caring about stupid things in forum discussions, too. While I feel like an idiot when someone points it out, I also use it as a wake up call and move on with my life.
    Don't worry, we try to have perspective and not take things too seriously. Really, we do..
  • Wait, are people getting uppity aboute Scrooge McDuck's family tree? Really?
    Sure, why not? Doing nothing is a horrible waste of time. So in return, I'll just respond to the stimuli that I obtain.
    I have gotten caught up in caring about stupid things in forum discussions, too. While I feel like an idiot when someone points it out, I also use it as a wake up call and move on with my life.
    You take trivialities seriously and complain when another jests in them? This is the internet, the things you should take serious are the minority.
    However:
    Also take into account that the family tree may have changed as the series have gone on.
    Timo, you made me smile. :)
  • I have gotten caught up in caring about stupid things in forum discussions, too. While I feel like an idiot when someone points it out, I also use it as a wake up call and move on with my life.
    You take trivialities seriously and complain when another jests in them? This is the internet, the things you should take serious are the minority. Complain? I wasn't complaining, just commenting. I agree completely with your point, that was what I was attempting to say. I was just pointing out something that seemed silly to me and providing a service that someone else provided for me when I was being silly. Lighten up, Sir. ^_~
  • Wait, are people getting uppity aboute Scrooge McDuck's family tree?Really?
    It's a guy thing.
  • Indeed, and this comes directly with the fact that there are no women on the Internet.
    It's a guy thing.
    I am not sure that that is an acceptable response... ^_~
    It's a guy thing.
    Because you aren't a guy. >.>
  • Complain? I wasn't complaining, just commenting.
    Okay, my apologies then for mistaking your first message.
    It's a (mainland) European guy thing then! That must be acceptable, MUAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • edited October 2011
    Okay, I love The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck as well as the companion. However, I'm looking for some more Duck books of similar quality. I know that both Rosa and Barks stand for quality, but I'm not quite sure what to get. Does anybody here have some recommendations in that regard?

Also, when I was searching on Amazon for this I just noticed that Boom! studios put out a two volume hardcover version of The Life and Times last year. Usually these go for $25 each, but they're currently marked down to $16.50 each. So together they're only $3 more than the cheapest used copy of the 2007 print of the paperback collection currently on the site. So if you were looking for it and couldn't find it or were reluctant to pay the exorbitant prices for new versions of the paperback collection, this should be your chance. The paperback edition of the Companion is also currently marked down to $13.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Okay, I love The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck as well as the companion. However, I'm looking for some more Duck books of similar quality. I know that both Rosa and Barks stand for quality, but I'm not quite sure what to get. Does anybody here have some recommendations in that regard?
    I was going to say that you should buy any and every Don Rosas collection of Duck stories, but it seems that such collections do not exist in english. Of course there are always alternative ways of finding them comics. *nudge nudge*