This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Rym out this week

edited November 2008 in GeekNights
Rym is going on a business trip this week. Will there be shows? Will there not be shows? Who can say?

Pay close attention to the forum, the site, sufficetosay, and other feeds to stay on top of things. Two weeks from now we will be back to our somewhat regularly scheduled programming.

Comments

• I've got show ideas for this week:
    Scott on Object Oriented Programming
    Scott on why Acheivements are useless
    Scott on his least favorite anime
    Scott on his Zombie defense strategies.
  • If you do do a show, you should review something you couldn't before because Rym hadn't seen/read it and isn't likely to see/read anytime soon.
  • If you do do a show, you should review something you couldn't before because Rym hadn't seen/read it and isn't likely to see/read anytime soon.
    Yes. Also, this would be the perfect week for "things Scott wants to talk about but Rym doesn't for whatever reason." Maybe some more Live Streaming Scott too?
  • Agreed, LSS was entertaining. The only problem is coming up with something to talk/rant about.
  • I bet Scott can use his mad podcasting connections to secure a co-host if he wants. Also don't forget about Emily. My vote is for another geek-profile interview!
  • For some reason I always seem to not be around whenever LSS goes on the air. :( Too bad there isn't an archive of the stuff that came of the previous ones.
  • Oh, yeah! Bring Back Emily! Bring Back Emily! *starts a chant*
  • Oh, yeah! Bring Back Emily! Bring Back Emily! *starts a chant*
    *chants along*
  • Scott on Object Oriented Programming
    I'd like this for a Monday as I'm looking for more insights into OO programming ideas/uses/techniques/etc.

Maybe for Tuesday you could use a guest hosted show.
  • Don't expect anything fancy. Scott knows as much about all of that audio equipment in my room as I do about how the new website is coded...
  • Scott on his Zombie defense strategies
    Scott on why he's decided to come out of the closet :-p
  • edited November 2008
    Scott on running an Internet community. [How did the word "INTERNET" end up in my spell checker?]
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Dude, forget the podcast, take advantage of the situation, play the games you wanted to play, go out with your friends, cook something nice for dinner, rest, then come back full force next week.
  • edited November 2008
    Scott on running an Internet community. [How did the word "INTERNET" end up in my spell checker?]
    it could be that you capitalized it or that the demon that works the spell checker doesn't like you. Make a blood sacrifice. If the spell checker doesn't act up again, then you know which it is.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Don't expect anything fancy. Scott knows as much about all of that audio equipment in my room as I do about how the new website is coded...
    The major problem being my inability to login to your computer.
  • The major problem being my inability to login to your computer.
    I've also never documented the workflow. ^_~

The only computer interfaces are the two USB soundcards. You could connect your laptop to the second one on the right side of the desk (the one we use for Skype), which records anything sent to the sub bus.
  • Come on, Scott. You should do something awesome on the podcast while Rym is away, and reclaim your standing as the superiorest.
  • This does however bring the opportunity for some more live Scott's Box.
  • Come on, Scott. You should do something awesome on the podcast while Rym is away, and reclaim your standing as the superiorest.
    I was not aware of any point at which I was not the superiorest.
  • How about some live Scott or just...
    Dude, forget the podcast, take advantage of the situation, play the games you wanted to play, go out with your friends, cook something nice for dinner, rest, then come back full force next week.
  • It's kind of ironic. As much Rym is into politics, the week of the presidential election is the week he's not around for the show. I'm with MrRoboto here. Take advantage of the situation, catch up on Megaman 9 and whatever other games you have in your queue, and just enjoy the week.
  • Edifolco25 maybe Rym knows something we don't and is getting out of here why he can leaving Scott behind?

Yeah take a break Scott and come back full force in a couple weeks. Maybe do some web-cam action or something special one night a week to keep listeners on-board. Time to do the stuff you have put off for so long whatever that may be.
  • Move around all of his furniture and see if he notices. :D I bet Emily will help!
  • Do something awesome or do nothing at all.
  • Move around all of his furniture and see if he notices. :D I bet Emily will help!
    Well, that idea is useless now that it's on a public forum.
  • Do something awesome or do nothing at all.
    My father says the same thing, roughly.
    Well, that idea is useless now that it's on a public forum.
    Dur. Scott is too lazy to do something like that anyway. Especially when there are better things to do, like reading the comics!
  • edited November 2008
    Hey, Scott, want to commit podcast-infidelity against Rym tonight and do a show together? I promise I'll be good. We can talk about comics, or video games that we have played that Rym hasn't. We can talk about import games.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Hey, Scott, want to commit podcast-infidelity against Rym tonight and do a show together? I promise I'll be good. We can talk about comics, or video games that we have played that Rym hasn't. We can talk about import games.
    If you come over, and we figure out how to make it work. Got nothing else going on besides voting on the way back from the train station.