This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• It's just that I didn't need a separate site to keep in contact with said friends. Facebook appears a lot less popular over here in general from what I gather.
    I fail to see how this avoids your first problem, that you have no friends to add to a social networking site :-p
  • I've come to the sad realization that idiots are never going to admit defeat simply because they are too stupid to realize that they have been defeated, e.g. the christians from another forum I mentioned earlier.
  • I fail to see how this avoids your first problem, that you have no friends to add to a social networking site :-p
    The first problem has to exist first before it can be avoided.
  • I saw Tim Minchin live last year, and sat in for his sound check. He did "If I didn't have you" twice in the sound check. First he performed it just with the backing track. Then he decided to try it out with the backing track while playing along on the piano. It was about 100 times better. He just performs so much better behind a piano.

Sorry, I'm having a fanboy moment.
  • @Luke
    Why is this in the fail thread? I'm confused...
  • @Luke
    Why is this in the fail thread? I'm confused...
    Tim Minchin was posted. At that point it doesn't matter what the topic was. Talk about Tim Minchin being awesome is never off-topic.
  • My trusty tire gauge has finally bought it. :(
  • Eight minutes before I have to leave work and I am explaining to an attorney that has been in our firm for years that while we respond to every interrogatory in a set of interrogatories that we may not necessarily object to every interrogatory in a set of interrogatories. Yeeesh.
  • edited February 2010
    Eight minutes before I have to leave work and I am explaining to an attorney that has been in our firm for years that while we respond to every interrogatory in a set of interrogatories that we may not necessarily object to every interrogatory in a set of interrogatories. Yeeesh.
    12. List the names and contact information of any and all douchebags who have worked at this firm, including full time, part time, temporary, and seasonal employees. We totally won't sell it to advertisers. Promise.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Actually, trogdor, I also met my girlfriend on Facebook. .___.
  • I met my girlfriend on Facebook. I never would have met her otherwise. I feel like this is all I should have to say.
    Actually, trogdor, I also met my girlfriend on Facebook. .___.
    I found out my fiance was cheating on me via facebook. Also, her new boyfriend tried to make me look like a psycho with facebook(by fake-profile stalking her, and also, making a copy of my profile and harassing her with it) though admittedly, that was the least of what he did. Yeah. I love Facebook.
  • edited February 2010
    Is today like...how the internet can create and destroy relationships day?

Did two tests today. I feel like I'm going to fail one of them since I didn't attend the "study days" before. Also, has anyone else taken a test on like...being a good leader or challenging yourself or critical thinking? Those questions are confusing as hell because everything sounds so similar or morally similar. @_@
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • edited February 2010
    You gots ta jump dem bones fo de internets ruin yo women, hehehehe.

I wish I had a picture of an appropriately sleazy old man to go with that, but I don't.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited February 2010
    Holy christ - I just found out that the latest public figure who is a shadowy member of the illuminati - Lady Gaga. Wait, What? Bloody Conspiracy theorists.

I'm not that worried about them though. They will never find the truth. They cannot Decipher my Gambling Visage.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • It would appear he wishes to entertain himself with a game of chance commonly associated with the state of Texas.
    That is to say, to fold, allow the hitting of, raising and therefore leading of the group.
  • Holy christ - I just found out that the latest public figure who is a shadowy member of the illuminati - Lady Gaga. Wait, What? Bloody Conspiracy theorists.
    I think that symbolism is intentional. Lady Gaga's persona is, as far as I can tell, a parody of pop stardom.
  • The guitar game boom is apparently officially over. Activision is laying people off from RedOctane and Neversoft. Doesn't really surprise me because I do think their output and marketing strategy was always inferior to Harmonix'.
  • edited February 2010
    The guitar game boom is apparently officially over. Activision is laying people off fromRedOctaneandNeversoft. Doesn't really surprise me because I do think their output and marketing strategy was always inferior to Harmonix'.
    Not a fail for me personally, but Activision really over-saturated the market. And to come out with GH5, THEN the inferior GH:VH really hurt things. They were really grasping for straws with that around the 4th quarter last year with the deals around GH5.
  • The guitar game boom is apparently officially over.
    It followed the same pattern as DDR. The cycle was shorter, but the pattern was the same.

The only market left is the "hardcore" market, which is basically a dead-end for revenues.
  • If the boom is over/approaching its end, maybe that means I can buy these games for cheap since I'm so late to the party.
  • "Activision is said to have laid off another 50 at developer Neversoft, formerly of the Tony Hawk Pro Skater series and responsible for the Guitar Hero series after the departure of Harmonix. With Activision executives saying yesterday that the publisher planned to ship just ten Guitar Hero and DJ Hero products this year, down from 25 SKUs last year, those cuts make sense. You know, business-wise."
    Still, ten guitar Hero games this year alone is probably 7 games too much. I think what your seeing is they are pulling back after a failed experiment with DJ Hero and the glut of Plastic instrument games.
  • Maybe it means they will put more effort into other kinds of games instead of making clones or continuing to add more songs to old ones.
  • edited February 2010
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • edited February 2010
    Maybe it means they will put more effort into other kinds of games instead of making clones or continuing to add more songs to old ones.
    I think the guitar game genre will stixk around longer than you guys think. Next to Wii, is the epitomal party tool. I'd say it's at a karaoke level of popularity even. You have to look at the amazing console and DLC sales. And while Activision is falling at the moment. Harmonix is still doing well, staying innovative, gutsy and still is providing content

Remember. Harmonix created the genre with Guitar Hero, then reinvented it with Rock Band, and upped the bar in quality with The Beatles: Rock Band. I'm doubting the Activision will be able to ride their coattails for much longer.

Hell, the fact that they haven't released Three Days Grace or Linkin Park yet, and are doing the ballsy decision to release Otis Redding, really says something about that company to me.
  • Maybe it means they will put more effort into other kinds of games instead of making clones or continuing to add more songs to old ones.
    I think the guitar game genre will stixk around longer than you guys think. Next to Wii, is the epitomal party tool. I'd say it's at a karaoke level of popularity even. You have to look at the amazing console and DLC sales. And while Activision is falling at the moment. Harmonix is still doing well, staying innovative, gutsy and still is providing content

Remember. Harmonix created the genre with Guitar Hero, then reinvented it with Rock Band, and upped the bar in quality with The Beatles: Rock Band. I'm doubting the Activision will be able to ride their coattails for much longer.
  • I think the guitar game genre will stixk around longer than you guys think.
    It'll stick around, but no one but the hardcore players are going to buy most of the updated versions that come out. For most people, it's something they whip out in the background when they have a bunch of friends over, but about which they never otherwise think.

It'll hover a bit above DDR (as the music is less "nerdy"), but will never rise above about what it is now popularity-wise.
  • edited February 2010
    We closed our Atlanta office last month because we only had one paralegal there and we could use a mail service to provide the necessary "office" to continue to practice in GA. We let the paralegal go last month, but apparently she stopped doing a major portion of her job in July (long before the decision to close the office was announced). I just found this out that she hadn't been doing the major and daily task today when I was tracking down documents for an attorney. This was a woman receiving 3 months severance. Fan-tas-tic.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited February 2010
    Life has just become a bit more meaningless:/
    Damn it, that was one of my favorite podcasts, but something had to go not only was he putting over 4+ podcasts a week, he was also doing an online comic, played WoW and other video games, was raising two kids and was working through most of it. Not to mention putting on a small "convention" every year by himself. He made Rym and Scott look like slackers :-p Was always curious how he did it. Maybe people won't confuse me with him as much now :-p
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Muslim groups protest body scanners in airport. Okay, obviously someone didn't think their protest through. My initial response is "If you don't want to deal with security, don't fly in an airplane."