This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Signs someone is an idiot list

2»

Comments

• edited November 2008
    26. The person, while posting on the internet, instructs other people to Google something or search another website rather than linking to the item of discussion.
    27. The person invokes Godwin's Law.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited November 2008
    28. Says the wrong thing at the wrong time. EVERYTIME!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • 29. The person cannot correctly punctuate quotations, or other things that reside within quotation marks.
  • 30. People who say "youse" (exception: Sal)
  • edited November 2008
    31. People thinking that certain mistakes of grammar, spelling, pronunciation or unusual local dialect reflects directly on the intelligence of the speaker and/or writer.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • 31. People thinking that certain mistakes of grammar, spelling, pronunciation or unusual local dialect reflects directly on the intelligence of the speaker and/or writer.
    Anyone who can read or understand spoken language?
  • 31. People thinking that certain mistakes of grammar, spelling, pronunciation or unusual local dialect reflects directly on the intelligence of the speaker and/or writer.
    Acutally, it's a sign. A person who is does not spell correctly is more likely to be less intelligent then a person who does. There may be exeptions. It's not a rule.
  • 32. People who take this shit way too seriously.
    How so?
    I think he means me. I am going back to school to become an English teacher, so I understand sensitivity to poor grammar and spelling. However, while someone may not be disciplined or knowledgeable in a particular realm, they are certainly capable of being intelligent. The "Multiple Intelligences" theory in education is almost universally accepted. People on this forum target grammar and spelling problems to the exclusion of many other "intelligence" issues (the Jen debacle comes to mind). I completely agree that egregious and continual grammar and spelling mistakes can be annoying in the forum and in life in-general, but it is certainly not the exclusive nor the best indicator of intelligence or a lack thereof.
    I think he means me. I am going back to school to become an English teacher, so I understand sensitivity to poor grammar and spelling. However, while someone may not be disciplined or knowledgeable in a particular realm, they are certainly capable of being intelligent. The "Multiple Intelligences" theory in education is almost universally accepted. People on this forum target grammar and spelling problems to the exclusion of many other "intelligence" issues (the Jen debacle comes to mind). I completely agree that egregious and continual grammar and spelling mistakes can be annoying in the forum and in life in-general, but it is certainly not the exclusive nor the best indicator of intelligence or a lack thereof.
    While this is very true, I think this entire thread was meant as a joke. Thus your serious and thought provoking response is out of place.

Back to the fun.

33. Watches Hollywood gossip shows.
  • 34. Trusts in Dr. Randall (Randy for short) Bullshit (MD, PhD) for their medical, spiritual, and academic needs.
  • edited November 2008
    34. Trusts in Dr. Randall (Randy for short) Bullshit (MD, PhD) for their medical, spiritual, and academic needs.
    I assume you mean believes in the bullshit Randi dispels rather than believes in the dispelling of the bullshit by Randi.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • 35. Out-classholes me.
  • edited November 2008
    36. Under the "Favorite Books" category on their Facebook/Myspace profile it says something like, "Books, what are those?" or "I don't read."
    Post edited by snookernet on
  • I think he means me. I am going back to school to become an English teacher, so I understand sensitivity to poor grammar and spelling. However, while someone may not be disciplined or knowledgeable in a particular realm, they are certainly capable of being intelligent. The "Multiple Intelligences" theory in education is almost universally accepted. People on this forum target grammar and spelling problems to the exclusion of many other "intelligence" issues (the Jen debacle comes to mind). I completely agree that egregious and continual grammar and spelling mistakes can be annoying in the forum and in life in-general, but it is certainly not the exclusive nor the best indicator of intelligence or a lack thereof.
    37. People who disagree with the above. Rock on, Mrs. MacRoss.
  • 37b. Need not apply on the Internet.
  • Guys...why are you being so harsh? This isn't a contest to try to conspicuously bash other forum members by listing something they do as a reason why "someone is an idiot".
  • edited November 2008
    Back to basics (and synonyms):

38. They are stupid.
    39. They are dumb.
    Post edited by BadDeacon on