This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Best Song Ever

Comments

• Well, one day, my and my brother WiP were hitchhiking down a long, lonesome road. All of a sudden, there shined a shiny demon in the middle of the road.

He said, "Play the best song in the world.
    Rules:
    1. You can only chose one.
    2. Don't be a wuss.
    > 2a. No fussing over how there can not possibly be a "Best Song Ever".
    > 2b. No fussing over how you can not possibly choose a "Best Song Ever". Take a stand.

Or I'll eat your souls."

So me and Andrew looked at each other, and said "Okay."
    We played the first thing that came to our heads, and it just so happened to be the best song in the world. The best song in the world!

I don't remember how it went though.
  • Did he ask you: "Be you angels?"
  • edited November 2008
    Did he ask you: "Be you angels?"
    That'd be a silly question. They are but men.

EDIT: I am also severely disappointed at the lack of Stairway. Seriously. Y'all be slacking.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Donotfuck with the Wu-Tang Clan.
    Truth.
  • edited November 2008
    Did he ask you: "Be you angels?"
    That'd be a silly question. They are but men.
    ROCK! Aaaaaahh Aaaaahhhh aaaaaaaaahh. wooahhh. woooahhhhooooahhh.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • edited November 2008
    Neil Young - Rockin' in the Free World
    Post edited by snookernet on
  • edited November 2008
    Hai guyz!

BTW, I just recently found out I could kill a yak from over 200 yards away with mind bullets.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • R.E.M.- It's the End of the World as We Know It
  • edited November 2008
    BTW, I just recently found out I could kill a yak from over 200 yards away with mind bullets.
    That's telekinesis, Andrew.

But.. what about the power.. to move you?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Hai guyz!

I used to be arch-rival and nemesis of WaterisPoison, with powers comparable to WaterisPoison. Afterward, we joined forces to form a posting duo the likes of which had never been seen.
  • American Pie - Don McLean
  • Achilles' Last Stand - Led Zeppelin

10 minutes of pure, unadulterated rock bliss, with most of that time being devoted to guitar solos.
  • Personal "best song ever," Headlock by Imogen Heap.

...what?
    The best Imogen Heap song is "Can't Take It In" (in my opinion).
    It may not be the BEST SONG EVER, but it is pretty close - Der Hölle Rache a/k/a The Queen of the Night Aria from Mozart's Die Zauberflöte a/k/a The Magic Flute. I prefer the Lori Stinson and Steve Vai from Angelica, but there is no video of that - so here is a different recording by Diana Damrau (an amazing performer):
  • edited November 2008
    Really, chill dude, you're so extremely overreacting that it's scary. I question how you could ever take my first post seriously.
    I'm thinking Sail's outburst was more of a result of a "straw that broke the camel's back" effect than just a reaction to that one post. I'm guessing he was probably just getting sick of your posting style in general, and he finally just had to say something about it. I'm not sure what to think of your posts, personally. Sometimes I find your burns hilarious and perfect, and other times they're needlessly harsh. This time in particular, no feelings one way or the other.

On the actual topic of the thread, I nominate "Sixteen Military Wives" by The Decemberists.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I'm going to post this for right now. This Ain't No Picnic, Minutemen.
  • EDIT: I am also severely disappointed at the lack of Stairway. Seriously. Y'all be slacking.
    Stairway to Heaven is one of the best songs ever, but I do not think it is THE best.
  • Stairway is a shitty song.

• edited November 2008
    "Drift Away" by Dobie Gray (mp3)
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN.
    I can't see your picture...All I'm getting is something about needing the Front Row Crew Gold account.
  • The best Imogen Heap song is "Can't Take It In" (in my opinion).
    Huh, I haven't heard that one... *listens to preview* Downloading. NOW.
  • I choose Disposable Heroes by Metallica.
  • edited November 2008
    Shave 'em Dry - Lucille Bogan

Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I changed my mind, the best song is pretty obviously Otis Redding, (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay. Apologies, not sure how I made this mistake.

• Why is this list comprised almost exclusively from music from the past 50 years? I thought this was the Best Song EVER thread.
  • I don't know what the greatest song in the world is, but I know two guys who do!

"This is not the greatest song in the world, no.
    This is just a tribute.
    Couldn't remember the greatest song in the world, no.
    No! This is a tribute, oh! "

The D!
  • Why is this list comprised almost exclusively from music from the past 50 years? I thought this was the Best Song EVER thread.
    Do you honestly think I meant this to be serious at all? Let's get facetious here.
    If you want a song that's over fifty years old in the running, then by all means, nominate one. ;)
    Do you honestly think I meant this to be serious at all? Let's get facetious here.
    If you want a song that's over fifty years old in the running, then by all means, nominate one. ;)
    I did already.
  • Ah, sorry, I forgot that you'd posted already on the first page. My bad. ^^;;
    edited November 2008
    Why is this list comprised almost exclusively from music from the past 50 years? I thought this was the Best Song EVER thread.
    In the same vein, why do people only list songs that already exist! Show some love for songs that have yet to be made!
    Post edited by ... on
    In the same vein, why do people only list songs that already exist! Show some love for songs that have yet to be made!
    That's deep, but a total cop-out.