This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Best Song Ever

13»

Comments

• That's deep, but a total cop-out.
    I already selected a song. It is you who are copping out by not claiming a song to be the BEST SONG EVER.[/sound effect]

Welcome to the forum btw.
  • Thank you for the welcome.

And I totally copped-out.
  • Why is this list comprised almost exclusively from music from the past 50 years? I thought this was the Best Song EVER thread.
    In the same vein, why do people only list songs that already exist! Show some love for songs that have yet to be made!
    That's deep, but a total cop-out.
    It really wasn't deep. ^_~
  • It really wasn't deep. ^_~
    What? It totally was deep! A whole water-drop deep even!
  • It really wasn't deep. ^_~
    What? It totally was deep! A whole water-drop deep even!
    I am amused by you. ^_^
  • Why is this list comprised almost exclusively from music from the past 50 years? I thought this was the Best Song EVER thread.
    Because all the best music ever is being made right now. Mozart is nothing compared to the awesome might of Amon Amarth.

I'm only half-kidding.
    Because all the best music ever is being made right now. Mozart is nothing compared to the awesome might of Amon Amarth.
    I'm only half-kidding.
    Half of you concerns me.
  • I would say, Mindless Self Indulgence's Bitches. It speaks to the soul.
  • Soul Asylum - Can't Even Tell

• Supermarket Wine by Mickey MacConnell, a great contemporary Irish folk singer. Too bad I can't find a YouTube video of him singing it.
  • edited December 2008
    I'm going to go older here, but it's one of my favorite songs ever, so why not?

The greatest song ever:

"Sh-Boom" by The Chords

EDIT: I had originally posted The Crew Cuts' version, but I personally think The Chords' version is superior.
    Post edited by edifolco25 on
  • The Octopus Project - "Truck"

If you don't like this song, something is wrong with you.
  • WindUpBird wins.
  • Everybody needs somebody to love by The Blues Brothers

• No way. This is so the best song ever.

You Can Call Me Al by Paul Simon.

• The discussion on the best song ever seems to have stagnated, so what do you all think are the best albums ever?
    I am of the belief that the best albums are (not nesesarily in this order) Tommy by the Who, Leviathan by Mastodon, Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin, Magical Mystery Tour by the Beatles, and Boston by Boston.

Discuss.

• Atmospheric in nature, exquisite in execution.
  • edited March 2009
    Led Zeppelin's untitled fourth album.

EDIT: Actually, that's tied with Dark Side of the Moon.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited March 2009
    Ugh. I guess I'm abnormal in that I can name off my favorite song ever without blinking(Dr. Worm - They Might Be Giants) but I could never pick one or even five favorite/best albums that I wouldn't rethink the next day. I listen to so much diverse stuff that it's so hard to place one thing over another, like a ska album over a metal album or a punk album over an electronic album.

Unless we're going to be facetious and take an unwavering stand, as was the thread's original intent. In which case the best album ever is Boys and Girls in America by The Hold Steady.

Stuck Between Stations
    Chips Ahoy!
    Chillout Tent

[Edit]
    Atmospheric in nature, exquisite in execution.
    The Alchemy Index is rather amazing.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • The Alchemy Index is rather amazing.
    The song is actually from Vheissu. Still, it's amazing :D
  • Günter, I'm disappointed.
    I hate that song with a the burning passion of a thousand suns.
  • edited March 2009
    The song is actually from Vheissu. Still, it's amazing :D
    Oh shoot, I just saw "Of Dust and Nations" and assumed it was from Earth.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Good times

This one is old but in HD :P