This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 081125 - Left 4 Dead

2»

Comments

• Rym, a question, you talked about a Vertigo map? Or did you mean 'vertical', thus meaning the 4th Hospital level that is under construction?
  • Rym, a question, you talked about a Vertigo map? Or did you mean 'vertical', thus meaning the 4th Hospital level that is under construction?
    He's talking about the Counter-Strike map de_vertigo.
  • He's talking about the Counter-Strike map de_vertigo.
    Thanks, I thought it was like that. Just wanted to make sure.
  • This game has added something to my xboxlive playlist that wasn't there before. It's the perfect game to pick up and play with your mates for an hour or so and feel like you have finished something. Not many online shooters can offer that.
    It is also a game about creating your own stories, already me and my group of mates have so many. I bet we all have a Scott J in our groups, ours is a guy known as Tomra, who insists on going on the minigun every time at the end of 'No Mercy' and when we finally managed to get to the chopper at the end he jumped in only to fall out of the other side and plummet to his death!
  • I just got through listening to the show. Usually I turn it off before the outro, but for some reason I didn't. You might want to update it with the new format. It still says 4 nights a week.
  • That was a really helpful review to me. Replayability is the most important factor to me in buying a game, as I get maybe one a year. The demo made L4D seem awesome, but after hearing your review, I can see how it would get boring in a month or so. This should be a $20 dollar game, not a $50 dollar game.
  • That was a really helpful review to me. Replayability is the most important factor to me in buying a game, as I get maybe one a year. The demo made L4D seem awesome, but after hearing your review, I can see how it would get boring in a month or so. This should be a $20 dollar game, not a $50 dollar game.
    If you can only afford one game this year get Fallout 3.
  • If you can only afford one game this year get Natural Selection.
  • If you can only afford one game this year getNatural Selection.
    Shouldn't that have been your one game 5 years ago?
  • Something's been bugging me about L4D lately. It's fun and all (only in multiplayer), but I honestly have to say that this game was in no way worth 45 bucks. It's small and simple, and it really sort of wears thin after a while. It's fun, but I'd really expect something a bit meatier for my money.

Of course, I play MMO's, so I suppose my opinion is rendered invalid.
    I'm hoping valve keeps supporting it and releasing new missions and zombies (most of which should be free downloads) as well as the custom designs I figure we'll see coming out soon. I figure my 45 dollars was a investment in zombie killing into the future.
  • If you can only afford one game this year getNatural Selection.
    I was assuming that they were on about getting one new game a year, not just one game full stop. Plus that would be two games because you need the original Half-Life to play it ;)
  • And regardless of that, I don't think you need to worry about affording Half Life 1 and another game.
  • I got Half Life 1 when it was a dollar. I'm not too impressed with Natural Selection, but that might be because I'm not used to it and older FPSes like it. I'm pretty pleased with the game I chose for this year though. Anyone who likes history and has 30 dollars should definitely get Medieval ll: Total War. It's an awesome strategy game and has a great single-player campaign.
  • I got Half Life 1 when it was a dollar. I'm not too impressed with Natural Selection, but that might be because I'm not used to it and older FPSes like it. I'm pretty pleased with the game I chose for this year though. Anyone who likes history and has 30 dollars should definitely get Medieval ll: Total War. It's an awesome strategy game and has a great single-player campaign.
    Same here, but I'm sure I'll grow to enjoy it quite a bit. :D
  • Not one cornucopia :(
  • I didn't realize cornucopia were a big geek meme.
  • No, just a Scott meme.
  • Not one cornucopia :(
    I was thinking about doing a cross stitch cornucopia, but that will take some time. :P
  • Oh, damn it. I was going to do a cornucopia but then I forgot.
  • Scott, does this count?
  • Scott wasn't too far off the mark. Left 4 Dead 2 is getting some Left 4 Dead 1-related love.
  • Scott wasn't too far off the mark.Left 4 Dead 2 is getting some Left 4 Dead 1-related love.
    PEELS!
  • Only one question remains: in the new locales of L4D2, what will Francis hate next?
  • I don't know, but I'm sure glad they announced the new DLC.
  • Only one question remains: in the new locales of L4D2, what will Francis hate next?